Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The movie "Logan"
Have any of you seen Logan yet?

What's your review of it?

I loved it. Pure unadulterated action and violence.

Basically what would happen if an X-Men really would unleash fury.

The R rating made all the difference in my opinion.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Crazy good.

Makes me glad that Fox held onto the characters. While the MCU is good in its own way, Marvel wouldn't release films like Deadpool and Logan.

It's a shame they waited until Jackman's last film to do it
Reply/Quote
Watched it earlier today and loved it.
Reply/Quote
it was good, very emotional towards the end as expected
People suck
Reply/Quote
The best Wolverine movie. The right amount of brutal. The right amount of ambiguity about what happened in this future. The right amount of emotion. He has never been my favorite of the X-Men but this was a great solo (ish) film.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 03:33 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The best Wolverine movie. The right amount of brutal. The right amount of ambiguity about what happened in this future. The right amount of emotion. He has never been my favorite of the X-Men but this was a great solo (ish) film.

Hes probly one of the few Solo films will work well for...   Ive liked all the Wolverine movies.
Reply/Quote
Enjoyed it.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 05:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hes probly one of the few Solo films will work well for...   Ive liked all the Wolverine movies.

This is the one though Xeno. I like them all as well, but I would have loved for the others to be as gritty as this one. Wolverine's claws going through heads is pretty sweet. Daphne Keen is great!! 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 08:04 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: This is the one though Xeno. I like them all as well, but I would have loved for the others to be as gritty as this one. Wolverine's claws going through heads is pretty sweet. Daphne Keen is great!! 
I agree.

Really most of the other X-men movies are almost G rated compared to this.

Yes, they probably reach a wider audience with the lower rating...  but the grittiness is often missing in those films.

This movie had a Kick Ass kind of feel with her character.

I enjoyed the first KA movie of that as well.  It was shocking to some, but refreshingly different for me.

Even though it was purposely campy and not anywhere as sullen as this film.

I could see some Chloe Grace Moretz in her.  Like "Let Me In".  She was great in that flick.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 08:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I agree.

Really most of the other X-men movies are almost G rated compared to this.

Yes, they probably reach a wider audience with the lower rating...  but the grittiness is often missing in those films.

This movie had a Kick Ass kind of feel with her character.

I enjoyed the first KA movie of that as well.  It was shocking to some, but refreshingly different for me.

Even though it was purposely campy and not anywhere as sullen as this film.

I could see some Chloe Grace Moretz in her.  Like "Let Me In".  She was great in that flick.

The "hallway" scene in KA is one my favorite action sequences of all time. Set to Bad Reputation by Joan Jett. 

KA rocks!
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 11:03 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The "hallway" scene in KA is one my favorite action sequences of all time. Set to Bad Reputation by Joan Jett. 

KA rocks!

Dude kick ass is amazing. one of my favorite  hero type movies
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 11:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dude kick ass is amazing. one of my favorite  hero type movies

Evan Peters: " I think I'm in love with her dude!"

Clark Duke: " Dude, she's like eleven".

Evan Peters: " I will wait for her. I can totally wait".....?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:38 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Evan Peters: " I think I'm in love with her dude!"

Hit girl is Hit in 7 years?  lol
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 08:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This movie had a Kick Ass kind of feel with her character.

Old Man Logan, which this movie wasn't based off of but has some of the elements of in terms of an aging Wolverine whose powers are fading in a future with no heroes, was written by the same guy who wrote Kick Ass. 

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:38 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Evan Peters: " I think I'm in love with her dude!"

I always found it funny that two of the actors from that movie went on to play Quicksilver at the same time.

Evan Peters for FOX in the X-Men movies and Aaron Johnson for Disney in Avengers II. 

Aaron Johnson (Kick Ass) ended up marrying a 45 year old woman when he was 22 and took her last name. I can't see that working when he's 40 and she's in her 60's. 

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 12:39 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I always found it funny that two of the actors from that movie went on to play Quicksilver at the same time.

Evan Peters for FOX in the X-Men movies and Aaron Johnson for Disney in Avengers II. 

Aaron Johnson (Kick Ass) ended up marrying a 45 year old woman when he was 22 and took her last name. I can't see that working when he's 40 and she's in her 60's. 

That is kind of strange. Peters is really good in the QS role. I think the woman Johnson married is a director? 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 03:06 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote:   
That is kind of strange. Peters is really good in the QS role. I think the woman Johnson married is a director? 

Yea, I just rewatched Days of Future Past last night. He's a great Quicksilver. 

Yea, director or producer, something along those lines. 

Reply/Quote
the timeline really doesn't make a lot of sense outside of this being a separate timeline.

The original timeline is

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men: First Class (occurs during Origins)
X-Men
X2
X-Men: The Last Stand
The Wolverine
X-Men Days of Future Past

In Days of Future Past, it's about 2023 and they go to 1973 to change some events. There are some issues since Logan meets Stryker in Vietnam during this storyline and Stryker doesn't recognize him in Days of Future Past but maybe he is forgetful and this is before Logan moves to Canada). Days of Future Past effectively resets the timeline in 1973 and Logan wakes up in 2023 without any memories of the last 50 years.

So the new storyline:
1973 occurs, Mystique posing as Stryker takes Wolverine to the Weapon X program (why?)
X-Men Apocalypse occurs with them freeing Logan from Weapon X
Mr. Sinister finds the Weapon X Program
around 2023, Logan's consciousness from the first timeline that went to 1973 wakes up in his future body. This future exists without Scott and Jean's deaths and Rogue hasn't taken the cure.

Logan occurs in 2029 in a time when no mutants were born in the last 25 years. My guess is this is an alternate timeline when the mutant cure from the Last Stand is widespread and there was never a need for sentinels.

Reply/Quote