Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden security detail member accused of assault
Apparently, one of the DHS Presidential Security team got drunk in South Korea and got physical with a South Korean citizen over a cab ride.

Not a good look at all for the Biden Administration.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/biden-security-official-arrested-accused-of-assaulting-south-korean/ar-AAXw8p1?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4a98919743ca482abab373c0c28806f9

Quote:SEOUL — One of President Biden’s security officers was arrested and accused of assaulting a South Korean citizen in Seoul a few hours before Biden arrived in the country, according to South Korean police.

The individual was detained early Thursday, an official with Seoul’s Yongsan district police said Friday. The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the incident, declined to comment further.

South Korea’s Chosun Ilbo newspaper, which first reported the case Friday, said the suspect was allegedly drunk and got into a fight with a South Korean over a taxi near the Grand Hyatt hotel in Seoul, where Biden’s team is staying. The individual works for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and is in their 30s, according to the newspaper.

Biden kicks off Asia trip lauding tech cooperation with South Korea
DHS oversees the Secret Service, whose agents in the past have been involved in unruly behavior while being detailed overseas. The White House referred questions to the Secret Service, which did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Biden arrived Friday for the first visit to Asia of his presidency, kicking off a five-day tour aimed at underscoring his administration’s diplomatic and economic commitment to the region in the face of a rising China.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah not the look you need when you're trying to return to face in the eyes of the world.

Has Sgt. Sexoffender been shit canned?
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 11:47 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yeah not the look you need when you're trying to return to face in the eyes of the world.

Has Sgt. Sexoffender been shit canned?

Who is that, and what is their tie to this story?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 02:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who is that, and what is their tie to this story?

I think Sgt. Sexoffender was one of Sgt Slaughter's late-career heel turns. 
Reply/Quote
They were fighting over the last can of formula......
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 02:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who is that, and what is their tie to this story?

I couldn't think of another S word to mix with Sexoffender to insult the security officer.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 11:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Apparently, one of the DHS Presidential Security team got drunk in South Korea and got physical with a South Korean citizen over a cab ride.

Not a good look at all for the Biden Administration.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/biden-security-official-arrested-accused-of-assaulting-south-korean/ar-AAXw8p1?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4a98919743ca482abab373c0c28806f9

The DHS/Secret Service has been having these issues for a few years, now. This isn't something on the administration, especially not any one in particular. I can remember some news about these folks being unruly back to at least the Obama administration.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Good thing he wasn't in North Korea because he would have ended up in a concentration camp.

The Biden administration continues to be an embarrassment.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 08:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The DHS/Secret Service has been having these issues for a few years, now. This isn't something on the administration, especially not any one in particular. I can remember some news about these folks being unruly back to at least the Obama administration.

Just because it's happened before, does not mean it isn't an embarrassing issue for the administration.  At what point does it become serious enough to remedy the problem?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I can't really blame this on Biden. I can't think of anything the administration can do before the fact.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 11:31 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I can't really blame this on Biden.  I can't think of anything the administration can do before the fact.

Well, I believe that they fall under the Executive Branch of Government.  If they are so big and unmanageable by the Administration in power at any given time, then perhaps it's time to rethink how we monitor and oversee such governmental agencies?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 12:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I believe that they fall under the Executive Branch of Government.  If they are so big and unmanageable by the Administration in power at any given time, then perhaps it's time to rethink how we monitor and oversee such governmental agencies?

People do stupid shyt.  They have free will.  It's how this is handled that matters.  

If they violated some "Code of COnduct", then there should be consequences.  If there is no "Code of Conduct", then there needs be one.  The "buck" is supposed to stop with the President, so how Biden handles it is what I'm looking at.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 12:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I believe that they fall under the Executive Branch of Government.  If they are so big and unmanageable by the Administration in power at any given time, then perhaps it's time to rethink how we monitor and oversee such governmental agencies?

You mean like something akin to a parliamentary style of government? Ninja

Or maybe Congress actually exerting oversight over the Executive branch like they should be doing? Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote