Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mocking is the best
(03-20-2018, 03:07 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: He’s better than vigil Rey and Evans hands down and brown and burfict are ur run stoppers.  We need an athletic freak who can fly we need speed and toughness at the position.  Not these soft mediocre late round bandaids who never amount to anything.  For the future Leonard burfict and brown would be outstanding and pairing Leonard with brown is a much better option while burfict is out than let’s say Rey’s old slow mediocre play.  Or Evans who’s fast but doesn’t know what to do when he gets there as he’s soft as a muffin or there’s vigil who just is what he is.  A mid round linebacker for depth and special teams.  Leonard forte may not be stopping the run.  But the dude is a poor mans shazier and with burfict and brown we need someone to put with those two who can fly not another late round trash talent or Rey vigil or Evans.  They solve nothing.  
Ohh and just to prove ur wrong,  here’s the report for Darius Leonard off SBNation.com

Strengths: Stout against the run game, seems to play with some tenacity when rushers are going head first. Played in a 4-3 defensive end at SC State, but seems to have the body to play inside or outside linebacker. Flows to the ball instinctively, and plays with a low center of gravity. No one is going to run past him, and he’s not a pushover when being challenged in a hole. Fast hands when engaged in a block. His speed rush is a dream move. He can turn the corner on almost any offensive lineman, seen against Senior Bowl competition really taking advantage of a slower lineman. Really great at big hits, as he’s always looking for contact

You say Burfict and Brown are the run stoppers. Does that mean you want Leonard to be the nickel LB and not play on early downs?
Or are you saying you think Brown should play SAM, Burfict at MIKE, and Leonard at WILL?

If the former, I think it makes sense.
But if the latter, I think you're moving two LBs to positions they aren't wanting to be moved to (Brown was brought in to play MIKE as stated by Hobson, who also stated that leaves Burfict at WILL which is his preferred spot). And I would be shocked if Brown stayed with Cincinnati beyond this year if they "demoted" him to SAM.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 03:07 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: He’s better than vigil Rey and Evans hands down and brown and burfict are ur run stoppers.  We need an athletic freak who can fly we need speed and toughness at the position.  Not these soft mediocre late round bandaids who never amount to anything.  For the future Leonard burfict and brown would be outstanding and pairing Leonard with brown is a much better option while burfict is out than let’s say Rey’s old slow mediocre play.  Or Evans who’s fast but doesn’t know what to do when he gets there as he’s soft as a muffin or there’s vigil who just is what he is.  A mid round linebacker for depth and special teams.  Leonard forte may not be stopping the run.  But the dude is a poor mans shazier and with burfict and brown we need someone to put with those two who can fly not another late round trash talent or Rey vigil or Evans.  They solve nothing.  
Ohh and just to prove that the jury is still out on Leonard against the run,,  here’s the report for Darius Leonard off SBNation.com

Strengths: Stout against the run game, seems to play with some tenacity when rushers are going head first. Played in a 4-3 defensive end at SC State, but seems to have the body to play inside or outside linebacker. Flows to the ball instinctively, and plays with a low center of gravity. No one is going to run past him, and he’s not a pushover when being challenged in a hole. Fast hands when engaged in a block. His speed rush is a dream move. He can turn the corner on almost any offensive lineman, seen against Senior Bowl competition really taking advantage of a slower lineman. Really great at big hits, as he’s always looking for contact

The guy can play.  He may not be an ideal run stopper but he is wild and scared of nothing.  Reminds me of a telvin smith Alex ogleteee.  I don’t give a rats ass if they aren’t huge backers gimme someone like that with brown and burfict and our defense is lights out.   U guys are outa ur mind.  Leonard is a playmaker which this team needs more of.   We need speeeeeeed.

If I was picking a mid-round WILL that can fly, I'd personally go after Shaq Griffin. Dude is much faster than Leonard (or any other LB for that matter). He also had 166 tackles, 33.5 TFLs, 18.5 sacks, 10 PDs, 2 INTs, 4 FFs, and 4 FRs the past two seasons in D1 football.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ohh and just to prove that the jury is still out on Leonard against the run,,  here’s the report for Darius Leonard off SBNation.com

The guy can play.  He may not be an ideal run stopper but he is wild and scared of nothing.  Reminds me of a telvin smith Alex ogleteee.  I don’t give a rats ass if they aren’t huge backers gimme someone like that with brown and burfict and our defense is lights out.   U guys are outa ur mind.  Leonard is a playmaker which this team needs more of.   We need speeeeeeed.

If we're now copying scouting reports from sites, you should probably include the weaknesses.

Here's the weaknesses from NFL.com, NFLDraftScout, and Walter Football.

Lance Zierlein Wrote:Weaknesses

After adding 50 pounds during his stay in college, his frame may be beginning to max out. Thin through arms and chest and lacks desired, NFL play strength. Has very little margin for error when taking on climbing offensive linemen. Doesn't always take efficient routes around traffic in his pursuit. Play demeanor lacks aggression usually spotted at linebacker. Relies on athleticism to slip blocks on second level rather than racing downhill ahead of them. Willing hitter but needs to add more pop behind his pads. Can still improve instincts and pattern reading in man coverage.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/darius-leonard?id=2559818

Dane Brugler Wrote:WEAKNESSES
Lanky with questionable growth potential. Below average play strength. Struggles to tackle in motion, overpursuing shifty ballcarriers. Bad habit of waiting on his heels, allowing runners to set up moves. Flows with the action, easily falling for fakes and misdirection. Needs to expand his vision to spot blocks. Raw take-on skills, lacking the hand technique to quickly work off blocks. Late to anticipate and doesn’t always trust his instincts. Almost all his collegiate experience came vs. FCS-level competition.

Charlie Campbell Wrote:Weaknesses:

[*]Doesn't have great size
[*]Could have issues defending downhill runs straight at him
[*]Could have issues getting off blocks in the NFL
[*]Needs more weight to play middle linebacker in the NFL

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018DLeonard.php#QmDkbYvqekBDtIgw.99
[*]

Consistent across:

1) Lack of growth potential
2) Not good at getting off blocks
3) Not good instincts
4) Lack of aggression

Yes, there have been sites that say he's good in run defense...but when those same sites say he struggles getting off blocks, I interpret that as he can defend the run as long as he doesn't have to shift through traffic. And that's primarily a WILL. For Leonard to start and do well, he's going to need to play WILL. And in order to do that, you need to move Brown to SAM and Burfict to MIKE, two things the Bengals will not do.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 11:01 AM)Takedown Wrote: Not much time, but I wanted to make another mock so soon since my last mock became irrelevant with us re-signing Eifert (had us taking Gesicki in RD1).

1. James Daniels, C, Iowa 
2. Taven Bryan, DT, Florida
3a. Martinas Rankins, OT, Mississippi State
3b. Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
4. DeShon Elliot, S, Texas
5a. Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota
5b. Eddy Pineiro, K, Florida
5c. Marquis Haynes, DE, Ole Miss
7a. BPA
7b. BPA
7c. BPA

I have both Price and Ragnow rated above Daniels for us. I know he is a talent but i don't think he will be able to hold up against
the big NT's we have in the AFC North like Price and Ragnow would. I like the Bryan pick, don't care for the Rankins pick, if Lamar
fell that far i like it, just doubt he does. The rest is okay but i think we need a LB somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 03:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If we're now copying scouting reports from sites, you should probably include the weaknesses.

[*]

Consistent across:

3) Not good instincts
4) Lack of aggression

Yes, there have been sites that say he's good in run defense...but when those same sites say he struggles getting off blocks, I interpret that as he can defend the run as long as he doesn't have to shift through traffic. And that's primarily a WILL. For Leonard to start and do well, he's going to need to play WILL. And in order to do that, you need to move Brown to SAM and Burfict to MIKE, two things the Bengals will not do.

I guess my point to all this is that vigil Rey and Evans are curbside trash. I’ll take Leonard right now over all three and Leonard is better than all three coming out of college. Point being he’s an upgrade over all the squares we have at backer right now and all the negatives being said about Leonard were said of ogletree and telvin smith. Both I would take with brown and burfict all day. So as soon as y’all wanna knock Leonard for his weaknesses just remember it’s only cuz I wanna upgrade our linebacking depth with potential for playmaker prototype ability. Shaken griffin for the same reasons
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 03:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If we're now copying scouting reports from sites, you should probably include the weaknesses.

[*]

Consistent across:

3) Not good instincts
4) Lack of aggression

The point was to show that there are conflicting reports saying that he can play the run sooooooo thanks
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 10:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have both Price and Ragnow rated above Daniels for us. I know he is a talent but i don't think he will be able to hold up against
the big NT's we have in the AFC North like Price and Ragnow would. I like the Bryan pick, don't care for the Rankins pick, if Lamar
fell that far i like it, just doubt he does. The rest is okay but i think we need a LB somewhere.

Most of my mocks are what I think the Bengals would do. If I wanted to do a 'dream mock' I would most definitely have a LB in the first two rounds no question, but I don't think we see a LB taken early.

I like Price over the rest despite his early departure from the combine. I think he has the size and strength to be the best C taken since Mangold, but again, I can see the Bengals taking Daniels over Price just to pi$$ in my Wheaties lol. I have faith with Pollack now here to do the right thing when its time for us to pull the trigger on a C.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 11:01 AM)Takedown Wrote: Not much time, but I wanted to make another mock so soon since my last mock became irrelevant with us re-signing Eifert (had us taking Gesicki in RD1).

1. James Daniels, C, Iowa 
2. Taven Bryan, DT, Florida
3a. Martinas Rankins, OT, Mississippi State
3b. Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
4. DeShon Elliot, S, Texas
5a. Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota
5b. Eddy Pineiro, K, Florida
5c. Marquis Haynes, DE, Ole Miss
7a. BPA
7b. BPA
7c. BPA

LOL.  People are commenting and arguing about LB's.  Did you look at the rest of the mock?? Taven Bryan wont be there in rd 2.  Lamar Jackson is a 1st rounder in all likelyhood and he has us taking him just before the 4th round starts.  Martina Rankin and Dallas Goedert are solid 2nd rounders that we are getting in the 3rd and 5th rounds?  Marquis Haynes is probably going a round or 2 higher than that as well.  At least do a little research.  for 7A. I say we take Quentin Nelson.  7B. Derwin James and 7C Tremaine Edmunds and this would be perfect.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 11:35 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: LOL.  People are commenting and arguing about LB's.  Did you look at the rest of the mock?? Taven Bryan wont be there in rd 2.  Lamar Jackson is a 1st rounder in all likelyhood and he has us taking him just before the 4th round starts.  Martina Rankin and Dallas Goedert are solid 2nd rounders that we are getting in the 3rd and 5th rounds?  Marquis Haynes is probably going a round or 2 higher than that as well.  At least do a little research.  for 7A. I say we take Quentin Nelson.  7B. Derwin James and 7C Tremaine Edmunds and this would be perfect.

Players fall all the time in the draft, Taven is projected as a 1-2 round prospect on Walter Football, Lamar has question marks all around him with NFL teams asking him how he feels about playing WR (I don't believe there is one team completely sold on this kid), Rankin is projected to be a 2-3 round pick on WF, Dallas is projected to be a 3-4 round pick on WF and Haynes is projected to be picked somewhere between rounds 4-6.

I don't assume all projections are that accurate on WF, but I have used WF for prospect projections my entire life and I have yet to be disappointed come draft day. WF is pretty reliable, not perfect, but reliable and I made this mock in literally 15 minutes as a redo from my previous because we re-signed Eifert and I had us taking Gesicki in R1. Most seemed to love that mock lol.

Reply to bold: Make your own mock draft  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 06:33 AM)Takedown Wrote: Most of my mocks are what I think the Bengals would do. If I wanted to do a 'dream mock' I would most definitely have a LB in the first two rounds no question, but I don't think we see a LB taken early.

I like Price over the rest despite his early departure from the combine. I think he has the size and strength to be the best C taken since Mangold, but again, I can see the Bengals taking Daniels over Price just to pi$$ in my Wheaties lol. I have faith with Pollack now here to do the right thing when its time for us to pull the trigger on a C.

This.

A "mock" doesn't have to be what we personally would do if we ran the team. Some (most?) of us try to take past Bengal trends in play to make as "realistic" of a mock as possible.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 06:33 AM)Takedown Wrote: Most of my mocks are what I think the Bengals would do. If I wanted to do a 'dream mock' I would most definitely have a LB in the first two rounds no question, but I don't think we see a LB taken early.

Cool man, i just think Price or Ragnow fit what Pollack was talking about wanting his Lineman to be. Smart and nasty.

I think we would take one of them over Daniels. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 01:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This.

A "mock" doesn't have to be what we personally would do if we ran the team. Some (most?) of us try to take past Bengal trends in play to make as "realistic" of a mock as possible.

Thank God I'm not crazy holy s*** thank you lol

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 01:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool man, i just think Price or Ragnow fit what Pollack was talking about wanting his Lineman to be. Smart and nasty.

I think we would take one of them over Daniels. ThumbsUp

Possibly right then, I would prefer Price over almost anyone in this entire draft and we're in position to take him without really reaching. He could even fall to R2, but not so sure about that.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 02:25 PM)Takedown Wrote: Possibly right then, I would prefer Price over almost anyone in this entire draft and we're in position to take him without really reaching. He could even fall to R2, but not so sure about that.

It is possible with the pectoral injury. But i would just take him at 21 in case.
Reply/Quote