Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Schefter Guarantees Burrow to Bengals
(01-23-2020, 04:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: Miami I think still possesses the assets to make an offer that could persuade them to move back to 5, short of that though I do think it's Burrow all the way. For the sake of discussion though, a package of 5/18/26 and Raekwon McMillan would be a really tempting offer. Would they pay that? Probably not, but sometimes when the owner falls in love with a prospect teams do weird stuff.

"Sources" are saying the Dolphin's owner really wants Burrow so who knows.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/21/source-dolphins-would-love-to-land-joe-burrow/

I don't think the trade offer in your scenario would be enough. This could be the perfect storm where the Bengals reputation of being stubborn could really pay off. The Titans got 6 picks for the Jared Goff pick (2-1sts, 2-2nds, 2-3rds) and Burrow seems like the better prospect. I think over the next two drafts, it would take 5-6 picks in the top 3 rounds with 3 being 1st rounders. I'm not sure it's the right play, but the NFL draft fan in me would be absolutely pumped. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 04:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: Miami I think still possesses the assets to make an offer that could persuade them to move back to 5, short of that though I do think it's Burrow all the way. For the sake of discussion though, a package of 5/18/26 and Raekwon McMillan would be a really tempting offer. Would they pay that? Probably not, but sometimes when the owner falls in love with a prospect teams do weird stuff.

Yeah Miami would love that trade.  I'd want the next few years of Miami's firsts and seconds plus throwing in a bad contract or two for other draft picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 08:35 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Yeah Miami would love that trade.  I'd want the next few years of Miami's firsts and seconds plus throwing in a bad contract or two for other draft picks.

Yeah and who would be our QB? An injured Tua or another Dalton like QB in Herbert who chokes in big games and 
panics when plays break down? Forgive me for not wanting more of this. Always supported Dalton too but I would be 
hard pressed to support another injured first round pick or a QB like Dalton in his weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 10:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah and who would be our QB? An injured Tua or another Dalton like QB in Herbert who chokes in big games and 
panics when plays break down? Forgive me for not wanting more of this. Always supported Dalton too but I would be 
hard pressed to support another injured first round pick or a QB like Dalton in his weaknesses.

Sign Dalton to an extension. *ducks and covers* I kid, I kid.

Just entertaining the scenario... Looking at the free agent QBs, Teddy Bridgewater? Get lots of capital for next year and hope a team with a good QB gets the 1st pick, then trade for Lawrence?
Reply/Quote
April can’t come fast enough. So tired of all this silliness.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 10:26 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Sign Dalton to an extension. *ducks and covers* I kid, I kid.

Just entertaining the scenario... Looking at the free agent QBs, Teddy Bridgewater? Get lots of capital for next year and hope a team with a good QB doesn't get the 1st pick, then trade for Lawrence?

Lol

Well at least there is some sort of plan at QB. Still wouldn't do it as Burrow is clearly the better QB at this moment and just 
hoping for Lawrence to be there while we can get Burrow right now doesn't really make sense to me either. Just waiting for 
disappointment is all this is to me.

(01-23-2020, 10:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: April can’t come fast enough. So tired of all this silliness.

Same here brother. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Imo, the Bengals would be fools to take any trade. I don't care if someone offers us 4 firsts. None of the prospects we'd get with those picks would be anywhere near what Burrow is.

We got a dream scenario and now simply need to pull the trigger. Later round picks on inferior prospects are something we could have any year. We may all be dead and gone by the time the Bengals get another crack at the top pick with a dream QB prospect.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 04:07 PM)J24 Wrote: He said Marvin was out in 2017. Dude has been wrong before about the Bengals before.

He wasn’t wrong, just early.
Reply/Quote
He better be right. Piano Man running his mouth about us considering Young or Herbert...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 12:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He better be right. Piano Man running his mouth about us considering Young or Herbert...

Piano man doesn't know shit.  He said on the air that he doesn't have any "inside source" only that he knows that Mike Brown loves Herbert.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 11:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Imo, the Bengals would be fools to take any trade. I don't care if someone offers us 4 firsts. None of the prospects we'd get with those picks would be anywhere near what Burrow is.

We got a dream scenario and now simply need to pull the trigger. Later round picks on inferior prospects are something we could have any year. We may all be dead and gone by the time the Bengals get another crack at the top pick with a dream QB prospect.

Completely agree Shake, well said.
Reply/Quote