Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The next three games are toss-ups.
The Bengals' next three games are statistically pretty close to 50-50 coin tosses, according to Fivethirtyeight's ELO predictions, which are by no means perfect but are a decent approximate guide for the statistical outcomes of NFL games:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2015-nfl-predictions/

With all the Sunday afternoon games in the books, the Bengals hold the fifth spot in the ELO rankings, behind the Patriots, Packers, Broncos, and Seahawks. They make the playoffs in 82% of simulations of the rest of the season and win the AFC North 67% of the time, finishing with an average of 11.3 wins in the regular season. Their odds of winning the club's first-ever Super Bowl title are at 8%.

Cincinnati has a 54% chance of prevailing at home next week versus Seattle, and a 52% chance of emerging with a road victory the following week at Buffalo. After the bye week, the Bengals travel to Pittsburgh, where they are predicted to win 46% of the time versus the Steelers, although the ELO simulation does not account for Ben Roethlisberger's injury (the system only takes into account final scores of past games, past ELO ratings, and which team is playing at home). It isn't until Week 9 that the Bengals will again be heavy favorites, when ELO predicts an 84% chance of victory at home against the Browns.

The only game this season that ELO currently predicts the Bengals are unlikely to win is their week 16 matchup at Denver, when they have a 34% chance at victory. That's still quite a bit better than the Titans' 9% victory chance against the Patriots in Week 15.
Reply/Quote
Seattle is a different animal away from home. We bring our A game and they're very beatable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Seattle is a different animal away from home. We bring our A game and they're very beatable.

If Lynch doesn't play, that will be huge.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Don't know how we could only have a 52% chance of winning at Buffalo after they lost to the Giants today.
Reply/Quote
1. With a short week for Seattle then them traveling across country we should beat them. As mentioned above they are not the same team as they are at home.

2. The Bills aren't the same team they were in week 1. There is now plenty of tape on Tyrod Taylor and we should be well prepared. With that being said Buffalo is a tough place to play!

3. The Squealers will all depend on the status of Ben, they are not the same team with out him although they will be fired up to knock us off esp if we roll into Heinz undefeated
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
With how Dalton is playing, the Steelers should be a field day for this offense. (looking ahead haha)
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Seattle is a different animal away from home. We bring our A game and they're very beatable.

Dalton has actually beat them in Seattle....his rookie season, I believe
Reply/Quote
Believe Bengals are better than all three.

That being said, think they could slip up in one of these 3 possibly if not careful.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Love the teams chances in all 3 but lets not kid ourselves.... all the games are winnable but they WILL drop a few id imagine at least.
Reply/Quote
Beat Pittsburgh and Buffalo and they'll be fine. Losing to Seattle isn't the end of the world.
Reply/Quote

bengals play well at home... averaging over 30 a game.

Seahawks not so good on the road this year.

Bills will be tough.

But i think anyone here would be happy with 5-1 headed into our bye week. If we manage to lose one.

But unless Big Ben is back pittsburgh is ours. if he is back ill agree on a toss up.
Reply/Quote

Yep, I feel real good about Seattle at home.  No way the boys are sleeping on them cuz of the Hawks recent success but the fact is, even at their best, the Seahawks are almost never better than a .500 team on the road.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Seahawks will be easier than some people think

The Seahawks are 2-11 under Wilson if the opposing team scores 24 or more points. I think we can drop at least 24 points on them Tongue Plus the Seahawks don't have a very good road record either.
Reply/Quote
but I thought the Seahawks were terrible since they have a losing record. Ninja

Seriously though it will be interesting if we come away with the win and have people say, "They haven't beaten anyone with a winning record" since the 'hawks could be 1-4 or 2-3 after the game.

Of course the 'hawks could win the game and be 2-3 or 3-2, if 3-2 then people will claim that we lose to good teams that have a winning record.
Reply/Quote
2-1 the next three would be ideal and realistic. Do we trust Marvin off of a bye?!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 07:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: 2-1 the next three would be ideal and realistic. Do we trust Marvin off of a bye?!

I sure don't, but let's hope this year is a different team than we've seen in the past
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 07:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: 2-1 the next three would be ideal and realistic. Do we trust Marvin off of a bye?!

If Ben is still hurt and Burfict is back I don't think it would matter who the HC was at that point. We will win.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 05:14 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Beat Pittsburgh and Buffalo and they'll be fine. Losing to Seattle isn't the end of the world.

True, although since I'm springing for tickets, I'd rather they lose on the road than lose a home game I invest my day in, if I may be selfish. 

True, very doable.  I'm sure we'd all love to see them set the franchise record and go 7-0, but there's going to be a stumble somewhere.  If this team goes into the bye at 6-0 this board will freak out LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 10:27 PM)corpjet Wrote: 1. With a short week for Seattle then them traveling across country we should beat them.  As mentioned above they are not the same team as they are at home.

2.  The Bills aren't the same team they were in week 1.  There is now plenty of tape on Tyrod Taylor and we should be well prepared.  With that being said Buffalo is a tough place to play!

3. The Squealers will all depend on the status of Ben, they are not the same team with out him although they will be fired up to knock us off esp if we roll into Heinz undefeated

Your points in #1 were big to me.  Coming off a Monday Night game is tough for any team, not to mention traveling across three times zones and playing what is essentially a game at 9 a.m. for them makes it extra tough.

They could also be playing without Lynch, which would be a big blow to them.

Regardless, I see a W there.

Bills are a mess.  Dalton's playing lights-out and their pass D is garbage, and Tyrod Taylor has been getting sacked like its his job, even though the Patriots were the only decent pass rush D they've faced.

We'll man-handle them, especially if we're giving the ball back to Hill 25 times a game.

Even if Ben's back, he'll most likely still be less than 100% and our pass rush will eat their line alive.  Did you see Vick against the Ravens?  Dude was running for his life and never had time to think because the line folded around him.

We go into Pit and get the W.

3-0 in the next three.
Reply/Quote
The next three games are winnable.  If we keep focused, we could win them all.
Reply/Quote