Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The next three weeks will probably determine the division
In the next three weeks there will be huge games in the AFCN.

Bengals vs Baltimore + Pittsburgh
Browns vs Baltimore + Pittsburgh
Ravens vs Bengals + Browns
Pittsburgh vs Bengals + Browns

Whoever comes out on top in the next 3 weeks probably wins the division. I'm hoping that the Browns and Ravens beat each other up next week so we have a better chance at beating the Ravens. Houston won't be a pushover either. The next 3 weeks will most likely determine if we have a home playoff game or not (and possibly a BYE!). These will definitely be some exciting weeks with the potential of heartbreak. Let's hope our Bengals come out on top.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This will be interesting. Rats and Stains play each other. If we win, then we either move ahead of the Stains if the Rats win or if the Stains win everything is knotted up going into our trip to Baltimore. THAT is the circled game - win it and our playoff position jumps and the Rats are suddenly the ones with no margin for error.

To think this whole scenario came from one play in the Rats game - the INT. Burrow doesn't throw that without the calf and without it we win that game.
Reply/Quote
If the season ended today. All 4 teams in the AFC North would make the playoffs.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I disagree

I think the division will be up in the air until week 17.
Cleveland will fall off. Pittsburg will fall off.

We’ve gotta win our next 3 division games
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:40 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: In the next three weeks there will be huge games in the AFCN.

Whoever comes out on top in the next 3 weeks probably wins the division. I'm hoping that the Browns and Ravens beat each other up next week so we have a better chance at beating the Ravens. Houston won't be a pushover either. The next 3 weeks will most likely determine if we have a home playoff game or not (and possibly a BYE!). These will definitely be some exciting weeks with the potential of heartbreak. Let's hope our Bengals come out on top.

If the Ravens beat ys & the Browns, it probably will. Unless Pitt does too (unlikely). If everyone splits, it doesn't move the needle at all. 
Reply/Quote
Lame-R has had his cameo and is primed for his annual season ending injury to sink the rat turds again...
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 12:00 PM)Housh Wrote: I disagree

I tend to agree.

Sure someone could come out the other side of this as the clearest front run.  That's the ravens since the already are.

But honestly it's more likely division and wildcard is just as muddled as it is now with no real change.

I keep thinking Pittsburgh and Cleveland will fall off but they don't and Cincinnati has the hardest schedule by far with several division leaders still on the schedule.

This is gonna ng down to the wire probably.
Reply/Quote
If we win the next 3 games it could easily put us in the driver's seat for the division.

Worst case scenario (if we go 3-0)

Baltimore 9-3 (Browns W, Bengals L, Chargers W)
Bengals 8-3
Browns 7-4 (Ravens L, Steelers W, Broncos W)
Steelers 6-5 (GB W, Browns L, Bengals L)

We could tie it up with the Ravens week 13.

The next 3 weeks will make the division way more clear who's going to win. Yes, it's probably going to come down to the last couple weeks to see who actually wins the division, but this 3 week span will have the most consequences for this division than any other time of this year.
Reply/Quote
Playing the Browns and Ravens so early in the year with Joe's calf messed up really screwed us...need to make it up on the back end.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 12:00 PM)Housh Wrote: I disagree

Pit and Cleveland have cupcake schedules compared to Baltimore and Cin.

One of them will hang around and end with 10 wins, possibly both.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Playing the Browns and Ravens so early in the year with Joe's calf messed up really screwed us...need to make it up on the back end.

Playing Joe, the first two weeks with everyone on the team knowing he could not move is what cost us.
Reply/Quote
Think it will go down to the wire, the North is a tough division.

Although the Bengals do need to win the next 3 to stay in contention imo.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If the season ended today. All 4 teams in the AFC North would make the playoffs.

That is so weird. 

It would be helpful for the rest of the division to poop the bed, though. Fairly possible with the Steelers and Browns. I don't see the Ravens coming out of first in the division, though. We got to the SB without a bye week, so...
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:43 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Playing Joe, the first two weeks with everyone on the team knowing he could not move is what cost us.

Was such a bad decision. Prolonged the healing time and made the team suffer. 
Reply/Quote
Man I wish our division would be bad for a few years. KC gets a free pass every year. NFC South is a joke.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
we gotta at least split our division record to have a shot of claiming the title
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 07:32 PM)125250 Wrote: Was such a bad decision. Prolonged the healing time and made the team suffer. 

Such an uninformed post. The doctors plainly said playing on it or sitting on the bench would not lengthen or shorten the recovery. 
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Pitt will fall off, in my view.

Cleveland & Baltimore have elite defenses, they are not going anywhere. Neither are we.

I see 8 teams as strong PO contenders in the AFC: Ravens, Cheifs, Bengals, Jaguars, Bills, Dolphins, Browns, and Chargers. Only 7 seats at the table.

The Steelers and Texans should not be written off. The Jets should be. Maybe Tenn or the Raiders with a late push, but I doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:40 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: In the next three weeks there will be huge games in the AFCN.

Yes sir Brownshoe it is time to take over the Division. No one is giving us anything, we have to take it in clearly the best 
Division in football. The Rats and us are the only 2 teams in the league to have multiple wins against teams 5 and over as
Soonerpeace just shown a couple posts above mine...

That is just crazy with how our season started. Shocked
Reply/Quote