Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The nfl,refs, and #1 seed in the afc
Oh cmon.. Everything that has ever occurred in professional sports is and always has been pure coincidence. There's no such thing as corruption. Only the most pure at heart are ever allowed to play sports. They're all required to swear on a stack of Bibles that they're all honest, upright citizens of only the highest standards. 
Did I leave out the part about Willie Lump Lump and the turnip truck?  I must have . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 09:41 PM)grampahol Wrote: Oh cmon.. Everything that has ever occurred in professional sports is and always has been pure coincidence. There's no such thing as corruption. Only the most pure at heart are ever allowed to play sports. They're all required to swear on a stack of Bibles that they're all honest, upright citizens of only the highest standards. 
Did I leave out the part about Willie Lump Lump and the turnip truck?  I must have . 

Lol i know ,what was i thinking. No corruption at all.
Reply/Quote
Actually good comments on my post. I was expecting a lot worse. The one guy has a point with tge browns but im not really buying they have fans all across the nation. The one guy made great points on all the coincadences that weve seen. Theres just no way they are all coincadences lol and the one guy saying theres ALWAYS something funny when we play the steelers you are correct. Ive been watching football a long time now and when i got to my mid 20s i started to see the corruption. I used to think it was all real. I disagreed with my dad when he told me sports are fixed. I honestly dont think its all scripted like wwe. But im not dumb, there is some corruption. Its so easy to help certain teams win and certain teams lose,one holding call or a no call can make a difference in a win or loss. They put all these new rules in place. I dont think its mainly for safety. I think its just more ways to control the outcome of games. I just HATE when games are decided by the refs. If i thought the bengals just got out right beat i wouldnt be as mad compared to the nfl is keeping us down. Why bc that is robbery to 1000s of believers of fans who spend lots of money,time,and emotion into their team just for the outcome to be determined by the nfl/ refs.

Its not a coincadence the announcers even hype their money making teams,and dog the low markets. Yeah kc is a small market. But they do got stars on that team. Thats another thing that can raise popularity of a team. I mean we did have a superbowl team twice. But i think the nfl loved one other team more. Right now our stardom on our team is about where we been finishing and ranked compared to other teams i think. We havnt been bad, but not good enough in the league and market to beat the high market star qbs and teams. I just think its rigged by the refs and the league. I dont think the players would be able to keep quiet. But the seahawks and other superbowls have looked fixed.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 10:49 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't feel that many games are out right rigged.  There is only so much the refs can do to help one team or screw another before it becomes obvious.  The '05 SB comes to mind as a rare game that was out right fixed.

However, the reality is that in close games, it's a lot like boxing.  The champ is going to get the benefit of the the doubt on the score cards.  Similarly, last Sunday, the "champ" got the benefit of the doubt.  The game came down to hinging on whether the refs called OPI or not and the refs swallowed the whistle for the perennial champs.  Against teams like the Steelers, we have to beat them by 10 on the field to beat them by 3 on the scoreboard.  It's tough, because they almost always have a good team, but not impossible.

Well if dalton would not have thrown that laser from the 22 yd line to green for a td in the atl game the refs would have won that game. Only so much the refs can do lol...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 03:44 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I love this. Tomlin is no where near a good coach either. He is so overrated. The FACTS are that we play a tight game with the Steelers every time we play.  There is always controversy. Every single time. Every game there is either a new rule made or some kind of bullshit that helps them win. If it was just every once in awhile or we would get a call to win a close one then you would have an argument. Hell , even the national media has starting taking notice.

Everyone seems to think that if Bengals fans complain about the officials we mean that there are people in a room purposely fixing the games and laughing like evil scientists. There is more subtle ways to influence calls and non-calls. What do you here on the Nfl shows when they talk about the Steelers and Bengals?  When they talk about the Steelers you here crap like hard-nosed or tough and gritty, doing what they have to do to win. When they talk about the Bengals all you get is the "Bengals play dirty" propaganda. You hear that over and over and over and over etc........  You dont think that plays into officiating? 

There has been bad coaching on this team, there is no arguing that but Marvin Lewis knows football and he has been well above .500 against the rest of the NFL. Something stinks when we play those piss-yellow bastards and every one knows it.

I don't like the Steeler's, but Tomlin is a very good coach. He has a very good win-lost record and his teams usually make the playoffs. If he was not a good coach he would have been fired a long time ago.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 03:33 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Which goaline? The one where it turned into a gialine stop by us? Fine call that a td,but theres other plays like was dennard really down first with posession. Or daltons best looking play ever to boyd called back on a phantom hold,then the bengals have to punt. So many goofy freaking calls against us all the time vs top teams, are we the only ones that get shafted,no just watch any other small market team and youll see the same crap. Its sad but the nfl has an agenda for the teams with the best revanue. I dont even know why they let us beat pitt one year i think 2013. But we lost the first round of course. Remember that one sunday night game where it ended by a weird call on peko. I bet theres just a long list of crazy game deciding calls against us its not even funny.

Yes the one that ended up with us as goal line stand. Point I was making is the goofy calls go both ways. Ours just seem to happen more often in critical moments.
Reply/Quote