Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The offense going foward..
i think right now Lazor is having to tinker with the playbook.due to injuries.
losing big #85 hurts but once Ross and Gio.get healthy that could help offset his loss.
the following is what Ive noticed good bad etc.

1. i have not seen much of the Chip.Kelly uptempo design. no sign of no.huddle either.
why is anyones guess.

2. Mixon is staying on track better..more patient.

3. Boyds success is tied to the health of Ross.

4. so far not alot of oline penalities. props to Pollack.

5. Josh Malone has been invisible. I saw Core get snaps before him.

6. that little delay screen to Uzomah is money.

7. Andy still hasnt hit AJ for a 50 yd plus down the deep 3rd of the field.

8. as soon Price gets healthy I think.Hopkins takes over Redmonds spot.
Reply/Quote
I hope to see Auden Tate at some point as a slot TE type player.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 11:29 PM)impactplaya Wrote: i think right now Lazor is having to tinker with the playbook.due to injuries.
losing big #85 hurts but once Ross and Gio.get healthy that could help offset his loss.

1. i have not seen much of the Chip.Kelly uptempo design. no sign of no.huddle either.
why is anyones guess.

I really think this team needs to take more vertical shots...on first down, even.  The fins had 10 men near the LOS a lot of the time.  Make them cover over the top.  We aren't taking near enough shots. Ross, AJ, Boyd, Malone, and Core are all very capable 4.45 or faster targets.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 11:29 PM)impactplaya Wrote: i think right now Lazor is having to tinker with the playbook.due to injuries.

why is anyones guess.

I think you're right on this one, he's earned it.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I like the offense as it is currently. I do think the vertical threat of Ross is under estimated and one of those things the stat sheets don't show necessarily under Ross's name but under Tyler Boyds. You don't have to take a ton of vertical shots to threaten vertical, I think the Boyd shot was a great example of that, just enough to keep them honest. I really like that we are playing AJ in the slot more when we think we are getting man coverage, there aren't many guys in the league who can play him in Man when he has a two way go out of the slot.

When Price comes back we may go vertical more, but to go vertical you need time and while we have made do our like still isn't built for a true vertical attack. In the mean time I like what we are doing, minus one thing. On that bubble screen to Boyd that Fitzpatrick jumped for a 4 yard loss he basically abandoned AJ to make the play. I' would have liked to have seen Lazor notice that and run it again later with AJ releasing vertically for a shot.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:22 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I think you're right on this one, he's earned it.

I think Hopkin's best position is Center.   He is not a good guard.

If anything would be a long shot adjustment I could see leaving Hopkins at center and having Price take over at guard.  But I don't expect it.  At this point Hopkins is a reliable backup at center, something we have not had in a while.  Hopefully Price kills it at center when he returns.
Reply/Quote

why is anyones guess.

I think AD is staying away from the big sack more and stepping up which is vital. The OL simply has to be able to give him more protection to go deep..Having Boyd playing at an all pro level is huge right now and will get more double teams off of AJ for more deep shots...
Reply/Quote
I've seen a lot of the Chip Kelly tempo on offense. Lazor just doesn't go crazy with it because if it doesn't work the D is in a bad spot and our D has (until yesterday) has struggled this season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote