Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The offensive line
(12-16-2015, 02:36 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The Bengals are tied for 2nd with most rushing touchdowns within the 10 yard line (Carolina Panthers also have 11)

Hill also scored all 8 of his touchdowns within the 10 yard line.
Dalton scored 3 of those touchdowns within the 10 yard line as well.

Hill is tied for the most rushing touchdowns within the 10 yard line (DeAngelo Williams is also tied with 8).

So for a team that struggled by getting into the end zone by running it, we have someone who is tied for leading the league in rushing TDs within the 10 yard line. And an added 3 more touchdowns thanks to Andy Dalton.

That's 11 rushing touchdowns within the 10 yard line. 19 teams have less than 11 rushing touchdowns total. 2 more teams have 11 rushing touchdowns.

So, going by your numbers, 11 of our 24 carries inside the 10 have gone for touchdowns. Almost 50% of our runs have gone for touchdowns inside the 10.

We're not bad at all. We're one of the best.

So next time someone says we should "Just run it in", remember, there's close to a 50% chance we will.

For some reason when I went back and look at the info today I got different results.  To avoid any further confusion here are the stats I am using......http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/play_finder.cgi?request=1&match=summary_all&search=&player_id=&year_min=2015&year_max=2015&team_id=cin&opp_id=&game_type=R&playoff_round=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&quarter=1&quarter=2&quarter=3&quarter=4&quarter=5&tr_gtlt=lt&minutes=15&seconds=00&down=0&down=1&down=2&down=3&down=4&yds_to_go_min=&yds_to_go_max=&yg_gtlt=gt&yards=&is_first_down=-1&field_pos_min_field=opp&field_pos_min=1&field_pos_max_field=opp&field_pos_max=10&end_field_pos_min_field=team&end_field_pos_min=&end_field_pos_max_field=team&end_field_pos_max=&type=PASS&type=RUSH&is_complete=-1&is_turnover=-1&turnover_type=interception&turnover_type=fumble&is_scoring=-1&score_type=touchdown&score_type=field_goal&score_type=safety&is_sack=-1&include_kneels=-1&no_play=0&game_day_of_week=&game_location=&game_result=&margin_min=&margin_max=&order_by=yards&rush_direction=LE&rush_direction=LT&rush_direction=LG&rush_direction=M&rush_direction=RG&rush_direction=RT&rush_direction=RE&pass_location=SL&pass_location=SM&pass_location=SR&pass_location=DL&pass_location=DM&pass_location=DRBut 

Let me point out the flaw in your logic.

First of all the high number of rushing tds is due in pert to the high number of times the Bengals have been inside the opponents 10 yard line.  Most of the teams with fewer tds in this situation are just not getting in those situations as often as the Bengals.  The Bengals 11 passing tds from inside the 10 are probably also among the league leaders.  So this same logic coiuld be used to argue that we should pass everytime we are in that situation.

The fact is that 25 of the 38 times we have ran the ball inside the opponents 10 yard line we have gained 2 or fewer yards. On 7 of the 38 we gained 0 or lost yards.  So when people say there was no need to try and throw the ball on 2nd and Goal from the 4 they just  don't realize how hard it has been for us to gain 4 yards on 2 carries inside the 10 yard line.
Reply/Quote
I know it is not a popular notion, but Whit's play has slipped the last 2-3 weeks.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well they all need to pick it up a notch now for sure. AJ gonna need all the help he can get. That goes for all 3 phases. O,D & ST.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 02:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For some reason when I went back and look at the info today I got different results.  To avoid any further confusion here are the stats I am using......http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/play_finder.cgi?request=1&match=summary_all&search=&player_id=&year_min=2015&year_max=2015&team_id=cin&opp_id=&game_type=R&playoff_round=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&quarter=1&quarter=2&quarter=3&quarter=4&quarter=5&tr_gtlt=lt&minutes=15&seconds=00&down=0&down=1&down=2&down=3&down=4&yds_to_go_min=&yds_to_go_max=&yg_gtlt=gt&yards=&is_first_down=-1&field_pos_min_field=opp&field_pos_min=1&field_pos_max_field=opp&field_pos_max=10&end_field_pos_min_field=team&end_field_pos_min=&end_field_pos_max_field=team&end_field_pos_max=&type=PASS&type=RUSH&is_complete=-1&is_turnover=-1&turnover_type=interception&turnover_type=fumble&is_scoring=-1&score_type=touchdown&score_type=field_goal&score_type=safety&is_sack=-1&include_kneels=-1&no_play=0&game_day_of_week=&game_location=&game_result=&margin_min=&margin_max=&order_by=yards&rush_direction=LE&rush_direction=LT&rush_direction=LG&rush_direction=M&rush_direction=RG&rush_direction=RT&rush_direction=RE&pass_location=SL&pass_location=SM&pass_location=SR&pass_location=DL&pass_location=DM&pass_location=DRBut 

Let me point out the flaw in your logic.

First of all the high number of rushing tds is due in pert to the high number of times the Bengals have been inside the opponents 10 yard line.  Most of the teams with fewer tds in this situation are just not getting in those situations as often as the Bengals.  The Bengals 11 passing tds from inside the 10 are probably also among the league leaders.  So this same logic coiuld be used to argue that we should pass everytime we are in that situation.

The fact is that 25 of the 38 times we have ran the ball inside the opponents 10 yard line we have gained 2 or fewer yards. On 7 of the 38 we gained 0 or lost yards.  So when people say there was no need to try and throw the ball on 2nd and Goal from the 4 they just  don't realize how hard it has been for us to gain 4 yards on 2 carries inside the 10 yard line.

Here is a flaw in your logic.. you are going to average less yards inside the ten per snap since you have less field to cover .. so it is not surprising to see the stats you put up.. unless you can show that the Bengals stats compared to most other teams is far inferior that would help support what you are stating
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 06:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Here is a flaw in your logic.. you are going to average less yards inside the ten per snap since you have less field to cover .. so it is not surprising to see the stats you put up.. unless you can show that the Bengals stats compared to most other teams is far inferior that would help support what you are stating

I don't have to compare them to any other team to make my point.  All I have to do is post the numbers.  

If the Bengals have 2nd and goal from the 4 then they have to gain 4 yards on 2 carries.  That is nothing close to automatic when on 25 of 38 runs we gain 2 yards or less.  

The argument could be made that some of the 1 and 2 yard td runs would have been longer if they did not end at the goal line.  I can see that point, but it would be a pain to go back and look at each of those runs to see.

When I have a little more time I'll go back and run the numbers with the tds eliminated.
Reply/Quote