Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The offseason has begun, a must sign to free up the draft...
DE
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:26 PM)magikod Wrote: 10mil a year? no thanks whit

Gotta be way cheaper than franchise tag, and a hell of a lot safer than going with an unknown commodity.  Just how little do you think the 3rd rated OT in football is worth?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Who's to say he'll stay....he could go to another team closer to winning a Super Bowl...just saying. He owes this franchise nothing.
Reply/Quote
I don't think that they'll sign a single external free agent that's anything other than a dumpster dive c or d grade "piece". I'm thinking a Denarius Moore type that quite possibly doesn't even make the roster.

There have been cap space projections before potential cuts, and they seem to be in the 48-49 mil range. Hmm. Let's see here:

Andrew Whitworth: 10 mil per, down to 38 mil.

Dre K: 10 or 11 mil per, go high end with 11: 27 mil.

Brandon Lafell: 3.5 mil per. down to 23.5 mil.

Domata Peko gets 2 mil per. 21.5 mil left.

Ced Peerman gets a mil on a 1 year deal. 20.5 mil.

Margus Hunt get 3 mil per. 17.5 mil.

Burkhead get 3.5 mil per: 14 mil.

They'll need that 14 for rookies, injuries, recuperated hot dog costs. vagisil, re-signing Rey Maualuga to a 4 year extension, and some other shit that they'll make up.

No player currently under contract will be released IMO, although Rey M is the only one I'd honestly cut at this point. I think MJ, Pacman and V. Rey still have roles to play here.

Don't get excited about FA. It's only going to lead to a let down. Just pray they don't end up significantly worse than they were in 16. Or do if you want to see where rock bottom is, it doesn't matter.

EDIT: Forgot about Dansby. I'd boot his ass. too.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 04:40 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: It just seems like a bit too much to me. I'd love to see him retire a Bengal. He wouldn't look right in any other uniform.

I also believe Obguehi will pan out. I know many will disagree.

I am one.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 08:54 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't think that they'll sign a single external free agent that's anything other than a dumpster dive c or d grade "piece".  I'm thinking a Denarius Moore type that quite possibly doesn't even make the roster.  

There have been cap space projections before potential cuts, and they seem to be in the 48-49 mil range.  Hmm.  Let's see here:

Andrew Whitworth: 10 mil per, down to 38 mil.

Dre K: 10 or 11 mil per, go high end with 11: 27 mil.

Brandon Lafell: 3.5 mil per. down to 23.5 mil. Maybe

Domata Peko gets 2 mil per.  21.5 mil left.

Ced Peerman gets a mil on a 1 year deal.  20.5 mil.

Margus Hunt get 3 mil per.  17.5 mil.

Burkhead get 3.5 mil per:  14 mil.

They'll need that 14 for rookies, injuries, recuperated hot dog costs. vagisil, re-signing Rey Maualuga to a 4 year extension, and some other shit that they'll make up.  

No player currently under contract will be released IMO, although Rey M is the only one I'd honestly cut at this point.  I think MJ, Pacman and V. Rey still have roles to play here.

Don't get excited about FA.  It's only going to lead to a let down.  Just pray they don't end up significantly worse than they were in 16.  Or do if you want to see where rock bottom is, it doesn't matter.

EDIT:  Forgot about Dansby.  I'd boot his ass. too.

These are my only keepers.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 04:37 AM)phil413 Wrote: They have to change their ways and have a good FA RT.  Yes my signature looks like a joke, but I truly believe they need to spend top line money on a Free Agent Right Tackle for many reasons.  

C'mon. NOBODY laughed at this??????
Reply/Quote
They need to draft the USC kicker. Just nailed a game-winning 47-yarder after being iced. In the Rose Bowl.
Reply/Quote
I don't blame Whit for taking care of himself and his family. We know nobody else will do it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote