Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The old "Succession Plan" strategy
Marvin: "Hue, c'mon man, stay one more year and help me win this thing. Then I can retire from this shit, and the team will be yours."

Hue: "But....what if we don't win?"

Marvin: "Don't think that way, man. We'll get it done in a year or two....probably. (giggle mania sets in)

Hue: "They're giving me control and big bucks, and I can have it all - today!"

Marvin: "But - we'll have fun!"

Hue: Nervous

So what do you suppose they discussed?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 04:43 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: So what do you suppose they discussed?

How stupid some fans are.
Reply/Quote
I bet marvin said 3 years. Unless they win it all. And hue didn't wanna wait any longer. Can't blame him. Alhough I wished he had waited.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 04:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How stupid some fans are.

You actually thought that was serious? How stupid some posters are .....

Reply/Quote
Every head coach knows that his coordinators will leave if they get a shot at a HC gig.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 04:57 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: You actually thought that was serious? How stupid some posters are .....

No.  I never thought it was serious.  I thought it was stupid.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 04:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I bet marvin said 3 years.    Unless they win it all.   And hue didn't wanna wait any longer.   Can't blame him.  Alhough I wished he had waited.

If he even gave a specific timetable. To me, it goes to prove further that Marvin is here until Marvin wants to leave.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every head coach knows that his coordinators will leave if they get a shot at a HC gig.

It shows how successful this team is viewed around the league that they keep coming for our Coordinators.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 04:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I never thought it was serious.  I thought it was stupid.

Well, thanks for playing Fred.

Actually I was taking a shot at the 'succession plan' being reported around here on local talk shows, and how stupid that sounded to me. I forget that you're in Tennessee and wouldn't possibly know about such things.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: It shows how successful this team is viewed around the league that they keep coming for our Coordinators.

...or it shows how stagnant we are at the top.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hue probably said, "no thanks. I thought I saw this ship spring a leak here somewhere. "

Then Marvin said, "hue, just give it a year or two, Dalton will quit too when he gets sick of my shit and you can draft your own franchise quarteback! *giggle giggle
Who ami kidding? I'm not going anywhere. I just need more time and theres plenty of fans willing to wait another 13 years. They don't mind as long as I make the playoffs every other year on average! "
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:00 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: If he even gave a specific timetable. To me, it goes to prove further that Marvin is here until Marvin wants to leave.

Why wouldn't that be the case?
Reply/Quote
They discussed nothing.

They played a game instead.

[Image: jumptoconclusions.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 04:57 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: You actually thought that was serious? How stupid some posters are .....

FWIW, I thought it was pretty funny.  Some other fans just can't see the humor in pointing out the dysfunction (albeit slowly waning) that still exists in this organization.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 09:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: FWIW, I thought it was pretty funny.  Some other fans just can't see the humor in pointing out the dysfunction (albeit slowly waning) that still exists in this organization.

The dysfunction that makes every team in the league want to hire all the guys who work here?
Reply/Quote
"Huey you can get my lucky coaching drawers someday. The waistband may be a little stretched out. I got them in 2003. Lots of stains too. It's like rings in a tree. Some real history there."

[Image: th?id=OIP.M72c8ccec551d6f6276abd306c3b3d...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 10:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The dysfunction that makes every team in the league want to hire all the guys who work here?

Decent point, but let's go down the pseudo-victories this franchise has:

60s/70s- Greg Cook coulda been great
80s - really came close to winning 2 Super Bowls
90s - beat the Steelers a few times
Palmer Era - coulda won a Super Bowl
Dalton Era - made the playoffs and lost lots of coordinators
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 10:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The dysfunction that makes every team in the league want to hire all the guys who work here?

The dysfunction that prevents this team from winning a playoff game under coach Lewis.  The dysfunction that makes coach Lewis a "lifer", in the eyes of the man that ran off the truly great coach that we had, when he took the helm of this team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 09:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: FWIW, I thought it was pretty funny.  Some other fans just can't see the humor in pointing out the dysfunction (albeit slowly waning) that still exists in this organization.

No, it seems they can't. And that's okay. More for those that do.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 04:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I bet marvin said 3 years.    Unless they win it all.   And hue didn't wanna wait any longer.   Can't blame him.  Alhough I wished he had waited.

Hue is taking on a horrible team and organization. It's a fools errand trying to turn the Browns around.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote