Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The one coach that this franchise missed out on and now its showing
Last season Mike Munchak left the Steelers. He was a guy I felt could have came in and really built this oline in his image.
Look at his body of work with the Steelers.

Oh by the way he is a former All Pro and I think HOFer. I could be wrong. Sometimes ex players make the best position coaches

What does this franchise do. Hire a oline coach with no resume
Of success.
I could never.understand why head coaches insist on
Hiring "buddies" instead of the best canidate.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 01:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Last season Mike Munchak left the Steelers. He was a guy I felt could have came in and really built this oline in his image.

Oh by the way he is a former All Pro and I think HOFer. I could be wrong. Sometimes ex players make the best position coaches

Of success.

He'd already been hired by the Broncos, before Zac even accepted the job with the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling he's an off-limits candidate for this franchise, due to what went down in that playoff game. (He yanked on Reggie Nelson's hair)

Reply/Quote
Munchak is a PoS

I clicked on this thread expecting to see it about letting Zimmer leave and continuing to roll with Marvin, or hiring Taylor instead of Bieniemy.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We tend to focus so much on the head guy....even conservative, horrible game manager Marv had some really good teams when he had great OC, DC, and ST coaches.

Right now, our OC, Offensive line coach, and DC shouldn't be coaching in the MAC.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I have a feeling he's an off-limits candidate for this franchise, due to what went down in that playoff game.  (He yanked on Reggie Nelson's hair)

Yeah, and then the league let him out of his fine, quietly, months later. Pieces of shit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
we had a better shot at Callahan's father last off season but they didn't want to replace Turner

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, but he’s not ZT’s friend, so not an option.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, and then the league let him out of his fine, quietly, months later. Pieces of shit.

But there is no bias at all....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I hate offensive minded coaches because they never let the oc do their jobs. So hopefully when taylor gets fired for losing to the browns twice we can snag saleh.

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:50 PM)pally Wrote: we had a better shot at Callahan's father last off season but they didn't want to replace Turner

Nepotism and cronyism only happen here for bad hires...

Reply/Quote
Kind of hard to hire him after that stunt he pulled on Reggie Nelson. Piece of shit
Reply/Quote
Forget that Bill Walsh guy. THIS is the coach this franchise missed out on
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 01:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Last season Mike Munchak left the Steelers. He was a guy I felt could have came in and really built this oline in his image.

Of success.

Mute issue was not even available when Taylor was hired
Reply/Quote
Munchak can go coach a prison football team or something.

People seem to forget that coaches/players that are already in the league may not want to come here. "we should have gotten X." Maybe they don't want to come here due to talent, location, ownership, power, etc.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, and then the league let him out of his fine, quietly, months later. Pieces of shit.

I still don't understand how he and Joey Porter got away with what they did.... Esp Porter.  He should have been flagged for being on the field... Total bullshit.. It's so hard to watch that game again. I still blame Jeremy Hill the most... Burfict played such a great game and that pick should have sealed it..
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 10:56 PM)Tony Wrote: I still don't understand how he and Joey Porter got away with what they did.... Esp Porter.  He should have been flagged for being on the field... Total bullshit.. It's so hard to watch that game again. I still blame Jeremy Hill the most... Burfict played such a great game and that pick should have sealed it..

And that Martavis Bryant didn't catch that pass in the end zone. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 11:19 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: And that Martavis Bryant didn't catch that pass in the end zone. 

I called it live, and yet somehow it couldn't be figured out on replay that he let go of the ball.  Well, they did figure it out, THE FOLLOWING DAY.

"Sorry we called it as a score and you lost, even though it wasn't"
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:50 PM)pally Wrote: we had a better shot at Callahan's father last off season but they didn't want to replace Turner

I was thinking the same thing. Surely he would be better than Turner on every level of coaching and talent evaluation.

ZT is going to have to grow a pair and find some good coaches from outside his old work buddy circle or he wont be here long.
Reply/Quote
Tobin not drafting horrific linemen could also help.
Reply/Quote