Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The one question I pose
Short and sweet (and if you were in the gameday thread I'm sure you are sick of me saying it).

IF you watched this game and thought the refs screwed us, we should have won, the NFL is fixed, and so on and so forth then HOW can you possibly expect Marvin Lewis to get fired for losing?  Am I the only one here who is a bit nervous about the fact that many of us here (myself included) are saying things like "We should have won if it weren't for (insert thing here)?"  

Doesn't that mean Mike Brown, who probably wants to find any excuse to keep Marvin Lewis around because hiring a new HC is a hassle, can give Marvin a de-facto "You won!" medal for this game?  Anyways, I don't even know why I'm still up at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fair point. I was joking around with a friend of mine earlier who is a Steeler fan and said if the Steelers really wanted to mess with the Bengals, they would lose tonight because it would probably save Lewis' job and no changes would be made.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I always try to take the ref parts out. It's hard to do, but so many people don't even count referees as part of the game (they absolutely are).

One mistake is one thing. A player makes a mishap, you lose on it, so be it. Offense falls apart (13 yards in the second half). Defense gives up 20 points, including the game winning drive. Jackson doesn't tackle Bell. Geno needlessly pushes Big Ben and gets a penalty.

Basically, it's a lot of bone head, bad plays, all happening in one game that just end up coming back to coaching. We lack killer instinct. 17 points in the NFL isn't anything (as seen by tonight's outcome). New England, in this position, would've won by 30+ and yet, we found a way to lose.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
The refs were only one element contributing to the loss and they did contribute. Marvin's contribution is his continuing inability to have his team ready to perform for 60 minutes. His inability to provide appropriate adjustments at halftime. His inability to keep his players heads in the game for the duration..among other reasons.
Marvin needs to move on simply because it is time. He has taken this team as far as he can. He has shown year after year that he can not coach them to the elite level.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Short and sweet (and if you were in the gameday thread I'm sure you are sick of me saying it).

IF you watched this game and thought the refs screwed us, we should have won, the NFL is fixed, and so on and so forth then HOW can you possibly expect Marvin Lewis to get fired for losing?  Am I the only one here who is a bit nervous about the fact that many of us here (myself included) are saying things like "We should have won if it weren't for (insert thing here)?"  

Doesn't that mean Mike Brown, who probably wants to find any excuse to keep Marvin Lewis around because hiring a new HC is a hassle, can give Marvin a de-facto "You won!" medal for this game?  Anyways, I don't even know why I'm still up at this point.

Good teams overcome penalties. Good teams don’t play prevent D zone when it’s tied. They don’t play two hand touch football when the other team is hitting the shit of your offense. They sure as hell don’t keep playing th same garbage players who continue to do the same stupid shit every game. There’s no discipline, heart, Drive, accountability...pretty much the stuff good teams are made of we lack it all 100%.

There’s no killer instinct on offense...no sense of urgency...this offense has whilted on every single drive we’ve needed this year to win a game. It starts with the head coach.

Promoting a position coach of arguably the worst position on our team to run the defense is all the proof one needs that Mike Brown is a ***** idiot. Other than Burfict we have the worst ***** linebacking corp in the history of the NFL. ...and that’s saying something when your Defensive Coordinator is the former LB coach.
Reply/Quote