Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The one reason why I hate the Draft
They allow fans to purchase tickets and attend the event. If your one of the few that bought tickets, get help because you could be one of the biggest douchebags ever. This is one of the few events where its more about the players then the fans, close it off to the media and family members only. Stop letting these asshats who boo every pick in.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I always thought it was hilarious watching Giants fans and Jets fans boo and mock each other team's picks. Also seeing the initial reactions of some fans who can't believe who their team picked.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh I think it would be fun to go once
Reply/Quote
The entire NFL is about the money they get from the fans.  There is nothing involved with the NFL that is "not about the fans".

The draft is no different than the games.  It is marketed and sold to the fans in order to pay for the entire league.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The entire NFL is about the money they get from the fans.  There is nothing involved with the NFL that is "not about the fans".

The draft is no different than the games.  It is marketed and sold to the fans in order to pay for the entire league.

Its dumb.. Think about it... If you were one of those kids on probably one of the most important days of your life, would you really want a bunch of turd fans booing you if you get picked by a team. I know its about the money, but there needs to be some boundaries set.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:53 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Its dumb.. Think about it... If you were one of those kids on probably one of the most important days of your life, would you really want a bunch of turd fans booing you if you get picked by a team. I know its about the money, but there needs to be some boundaries set.

Some of those players better get used to the booing.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:53 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Its dumb.. Think about it... If you were one of those kids on probably one of the most important days of your life, would you really want a bunch of turd fans booing you if you get picked by a team. I know its about the money, but there needs to be some boundaries set.

No difference getting booed at the draft than in a game.

Booers gonna boo.

[Image: 6663160-4x3-340x255.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think the draft should rotate each year to a NFL team's city instead of just New York and Chicago. Why do those fans get to be the only ones who can partake of the NFL festivities? I get that it is about money and big city exposure, but it just seems unfair to the rest of the fans around the country.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:07 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They allow fans to purchase tickets and attend the event. If your one of the few that bought tickets, get help because you could be one of the biggest douchebags ever. This is one of the few events where its more about the players then the fans, close it off to the media and family members only. Stop letting these asshats who boo every pick in.

Sad thing is I'm at the Cleveland Hopkins airport now I have a 3 pm flight bc I did purchase tickets. But I'm okay with being a douchebag
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Stupid people doing stupid things.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:51 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Sad thing is I'm at the Cleveland Hopkins airport now I have a 3 pm flight bc I did purchase tickets. But I'm okay with being a douchebag

How is being there live in person in any way exciting? Seems like a huge waste of time and money, just to boo every teams pick on national television.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 02:07 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: How is being there live in person in any way exciting? Seems like a huge waste of time and money, just to boo every teams pick on national television.

Who says you have to boo every pick?
I wouldn't boo any and I wouldn't cheer for other team's picks either (unless I was a fan of the player), but I'd definitely cheer for my team's pick. The people that do boo, are nothing but boo birds anyways.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:50 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I think the draft should rotate each year to a NFL team's city instead of just New York and Chicago. Why do those fans get to be the only ones who can partake of the NFL festivities? I get that it is about money and big city exposure, but it just seems unfair to the rest of the fans around the country.

If they wanted to make more jack, they'd have NFL sanctioned draft events in every NFL city and include those festivities in simulcast.
Reply/Quote
I am surprised their are not more "Fantasy Draft" competitions with people trying to predict all the first round picks in order.

It would be more like filling out a bracket for March Madness than Fantasy Football, but there are so many people who are so into the draft I think it would generate a lot of interest.
Reply/Quote
I'm more concerned for the people who attend the draft because....they're sitting in a room for hours where nothing is happening.

I love the draft and I record it so that I can hear the analysts as the picks happen. But there is 10 minutes of dead space between each pick. EACH PICK. that's 320 minutes on the first night, assuming each team takes the full 10 minutes (310 this year because of the Patriots losing their pick).
Reply/Quote
It is really the only time the fans get a chance to boo the commish. I would boo him every time he walked out too.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 02:07 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: How is being there live in person in any way exciting? Seems like a huge waste of time and money, just to boo every teams pick on national television.
How exactly is a rainbow made? How exactly does a sun set? How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Plymouth work? It just does.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:32 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How exactly is a rainbow made? How exactly does a sun set? How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Plymouth work? It just does.

[Image: how-do-they-work.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm more concerned for the people who attend the draft because....they're sitting in a room for hours where nothing is happening.

I love the draft and I record it so that I can hear the analysts as the picks happen. But there is 10 minutes of dead space between each pick. EACH PICK. that's 320 minutes on the first night, assuming each team takes the full 10 minutes (310 this year because of the Patriots losing their pick).

They have other things going on. I knew a guy who went to the draft a while back. He got coupons for the NFL Shop and got big discounts. There's stuff going on during the breaks. They play lots of highlight videos. You can meet former NFL players. There's more to do besides sitting around and doing nothing.

Especially now that they have the Draft City set up outside to entertain people.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I don't think the players are being booed. I think it's the teams.

Personally I would like to see the league move the draft to a different NFL city each year instead of always NYC or (lately) Chicago. Make it even more accessible to the fans.
Reply/Quote