Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The only downside to a 7-0 start...
..TV blackouts in the United Kingdom and flexible scheduling Sad

As a Bengal fan in England I sign up to the NFL Game pass season ticket. Its not the cheapest option but for the last 4 years its been worth it as I've got to watch pretty much every game of the Dalton-Green era.

HOWEVER, now we are 7-0 and starting to get some national attention and people are jumping on the bandwagon they are making the Bengals the televised NFL game in the U.K a lot more often.

When the game is televised here the Gamepass coverage is blacked out. Meaning i have pay out again if i want to watch it televised....hence our success this year is crippling me. First world problem or what!!

So can we please start losing otherwise i'm going to have to tell my wife how much I'm really spending on following the Bengals this year!!
Reply/Quote
Lmao
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm missing something. Why do you have to pay to see it if it's nationally televised?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I feel your pain. I've had to fork over the cash for Sky Sports day passes three times this season already.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:26 PM)sonofstat Wrote: ..TV blackouts in the United Kingdom and flexible scheduling Sad

As a Bengal fan in England I sign up to the NFL Game pass season ticket.  Its not the cheapest option but for the last 4 years its been worth it as I've got to watch pretty much every game of the Dalton-Green era.

HOWEVER, now we are 7-0 and starting to get some national attention and people are jumping on the bandwagon they are making the Bengals the televised NFL game in the U.K a lot more often.

When the game is televised here the Gamepass coverage is blacked out. Meaning i have pay out again if i want to watch it televised....hence our success this year is crippling me.  First world problem or what!!

So can we please start losing otherwise i'm going to have to tell my wife how much I'm really spending on following the Bengals this year!!

At least you guys have the option to buy the NFL Game Pass.  In the states the only option is to buy the NFL Game Rewind (watch after the game has been played) or Sunday Ticket (have to buy the package from DirecTV).   
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 04:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm missing something.  Why do you have to pay to see it if it's nationally televised?

I don't have television.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 04:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm missing something.  Why do you have to pay to see it if it's nationally televised?

its not on the 'terrestial' channels like the BBC, but on a cable/satellite channel called Sky. 

Should not complain i guess at it means more exposure and hopefully more U.K fans in the long term for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:26 PM)sonofstat Wrote: ..TV blackouts in the United Kingdom and flexible scheduling Sad

As a Bengal fan in England I sign up to the NFL Game pass season ticket.  Its not the cheapest option but for the last 4 years its been worth it as I've got to watch pretty much every game of the Dalton-Green era.

When the game is televised here the Gamepass coverage is blacked out. Meaning i have pay out again if i want to watch it televised....hence our success this year is crippling me.  First world problem or what!!

Will you be our Tour Guide when the Bengals play in London next year?  We need a good local to show us all the "hot spots"
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:23 PM)corpjet Wrote: Will you be our Tour Guide when the Bengals play in London next year?  We need a good local to show us all the "hot spots"

There was a rumour going round that there were some Bengals reps at the Wembley games this year.

Think there would be a few U.K Bengals who would be delighted to organise a meet up should it happen!
Reply/Quote
Certainly hope you get your TV coverage and get to take in the Bengals games the rest of the year.

But not enough to pull for a Bengals loss.

Sorry friend.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Glad to know that the Bengals have a small following, across the pond. I suppose the struggle you deal with, in order to watch the games, would be similar as if I were to start following a Rugby Club from over there.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

This is strange. In France, the Game is aired as usual. 

Get a stream, I can give you links at game time, there are tons of them.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
The frustrating thing is that I have sky at home...but i've now moved out to university so I can't watch. My student budget won't even stretch for a game pass. I can't wait for christmas just so I can follow some games live haha.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:21 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: The frustrating thing is that I have sky at home...but i've now moved out to university so I can't watch. My student budget won't even stretch for a game pass. I can't wait for christmas just so I can follow some games live haha.

Don't your pubs have Sky to offer their patrons? Nursing a pint or two while getting to see your favorite team play seems like a good compromise.
Bars carrying football games is a very lucrative business over here.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:26 PM)sonofstat Wrote: When the game is televised here the Gamepass coverage is blacked out. Meaning i have pay out again if i want to watch it televised....hence our success this year is crippling me. First world problem or what!!

Out of curiosity, what does it cost you to purchase a one-off game in this sort of scenario?

Living just an hour north of Cincinnati I take for granted getitng to see every Bengals game. Wish fans in Europe could as well.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Wow, I live in Florida and not a single game has been televised here this year. That is except the preseason game against Tampa, but I went to that game.

I wait for them to get posted on this board to watch them. I also listen to the games on iheart.com.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:54 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Don't your pubs have Sky to offer their patrons? Nursing a pint or two while getting to see your favorite team play seems like a good compromise.
Bars carrying football games is a very lucrative business over here.

They do have sky but sundays tend to be dedicated to football (soccer), and it's hard to convince landlords that Cincy @ Pitt should be shown ahead of Manchester United vs Arsenal for example

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 10:15 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Out of curiosity,  what does it cost you to purchase a one-off game in this sort of scenario?  

Living just an hour north of Cincinnati I take for granted getitng to see every Bengals game.  Wish fans in Europe could as well.

The Steelers game would have cost me nearly £10...which I can't really justify having already bought my Huddersfield Town season ticket

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 10:54 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: The Steelers game would have cost me nearly £10...which I can't really justify having already bought my Huddersfield Town season ticket

That really sux, in Australia we don't have any blackouts on game pass. Even when the games are televised we still get them on game pass. I guess you at least may get a chance to attend a game in your own country.
Reply/Quote
If (like me) you have Gamepass and (like me) detest Sky's coverage of the NFL, there's a really easy way to get around the blackout. The Gamepass app only checks your country when you load up the app, so download one of the free VPN clients, connect so that your country appears to be somewhere without blackouts (i.e. Not USA, UK, Canada), open Gamepass, and then disconnect from the VPN. Voila! Gamepass let's you watch your game.
Reply/Quote