Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The only downside to a 7-0 start...
(11-02-2015, 10:54 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: The Steelers game would have cost me nearly £10...which I can't really justify having already bought my Huddersfield Town season ticket

That really sux, in Australia we don't have any blackouts on game pass. Even when the games are televised we still get them on game pass. I guess you at least may get a chance to attend a game in your own country.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 10:15 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Out of curiosity,  what does it cost you to purchase a one-off game in this sort of scenario?  

Living just an hour north of Cincinnati I take for granted getitng to see every Bengals game.  Wish fans in Europe could as well.

To be fair - when its not blacked out - the NFL Gamepass is a thing of beauty for NFL fans not based in the US.

I remember the days when if you wanted live coverage of the NFL you're best hope was listening to the US Armed Forces radio play by play....things have moved on somewhat since then!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:26 PM)sonofstat Wrote: ..TV blackouts in the United Kingdom and flexible scheduling Sad

When the game is televised here the Gamepass coverage is blacked out. Meaning i have pay out again if i want to watch it televised....hence our success this year is crippling me.  First world problem or what!!

Bit of advice from a fellow UK Bengals fan. Avoid blackout by simply using a VPN. I use gamepass on my Android phone& Tablet. and use chromecast to stream on my TV. Download Cyberghost from the app stores and simply VPN to Luxembourg or somewhere before loading gamespass and bobs your uncle no blackouts and happily stream to chromecast :)

Edit : If the Bengals are playing in an international series game i will be over the moon, and yes we would have to arrange a meet for sure. As for pre NFLgamepass anyone here remember pontel Wink I used to get the DVD's each week :) but you were always a week behind. So between Pontel DVD's and Sky Sports to watch any NFL (maybe 2 bengals games a season) used to cost a small fortune. £100 for gamepass is the best thing ever :)
Reply/Quote
It's great that there are UK and Aussie Bengals fans. In England you guys will go wild when the Bengals play over there. Wembley stadium is huge, much larger than Paul Brown stadium and to have a bunch of you yelling and screaming for our Bengals would be something to behold.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 08:25 AM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: It's great that there are UK and Aussie Bengals fans.  In England you guys will go wild when the Bengals play over there.  Wembley stadium is huge, much larger than Paul Brown stadium and to have a bunch of you yelling and screaming for our Bengals would be something to behold.

Based on a highly unscientific study of numbers of Bengals jerseys at the NFL Europe games, there are a lot of us around too. Certainly more than you might expect for a relatively unfashionable team.

One other piece of news from today is that the NFL have agreed a third stadium for holding NFL Europe games, Twickenham (rugby stadium). That means that within 2/3 years games will either be at:-

Wembley Stadium (approx capacity for NFL is 88000)
Northumberland Development (capacity 61000) - this is the as yet unbuilt new home for Tottenham Hotspur FC
Twickenham (capacity 82000)

All three in London.
Reply/Quote
Yes when i have been to previous IS games there are a fair few of us Bengal fans about. I want to get a Throwback Jersey now just to stand out from the crowd lol.

In regards to the International Series as you have mentioned. Seems Twickenham is being drafted in to host a games a season and potential cover for any issues with the Spurs stadium build delays.

Looking at the 2016 schedule for the Bengals i cant see how they would come over next season. I imagine the Bengals aren't giving up a home game any time soon. So that leaves the following away games :

Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New England, NY Jets, Dallas, NY Giants, AFC South* (likely the Colts).

I don't see any of those teams giving up a home game that we could end up playing. I hope I am wrong as at the moment the cost of heading to the US to catch a game is a no go for me. Although there are some cheap flights to New York usually so could catch a road game vs Jets or Giants possibly.
Reply/Quote