Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The other Oklahoma Problem Child
Lot's of talk about Joe Mixon being talented but dropping a round or two due to off field issues. Well there is another Sooner that is dynamic on the field but dynamite off of it.

DEDE WESTBROOK. Dude ran a 4.34 at his pro day and production in the receiving and return game is off the chart and he was a Heisman finalist. But there is talk that he may go undrafted. He declined an invite to the Senior Bowl, choose not to do drills at the combine, and looked bad at his drills at his Pro Day. Also throw in that he has twice been involved in domestic violence issues. The most common word used to describe his interviews is terrible.

Look for him to be a Burfict that we bring in.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 01:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Lot's of talk about Joe Mixon being talented but dropping a round or two due to off field issues. Well there is another Sooner that is dynamic on the field but dynamite off of it.

DEDE WESTBROOK. Dude ran a 4.34 at his pro day and production in the receiving and return game is off the chart and he was a Heisman finalist. But there is talk that he may go undrafted. He declined an invite to the Senior Bowl, choose not to do drills at the combine, and looked bad at his drills at his Pro Day. Also throw in that he has twice been involved in domestic violence issues. The most common word used to describe his interviews is terrible.

Look for him to be a Burfict that we bring in.

What worries me is where he would play? He would be great if we didnt already have a slot reciever. At worst he provides great depth.
Reply/Quote
I don't remember Burfict having off the field issues. I assume you mean bringing him in as a UDFA. I'm sure someone will draft him as well as Mixon.

The crazy thing is Burfict went undrafted due to his violent and wreck less often after the whistle ON field play. But when a player has equal talent but has OFF the field issues like DV they just drop a round or 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 02:00 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I don't remember Burfict having off the field issues. I assume you mean bringing him in as a UDFA. I'm sure someone will draft him as well as Mixon.

The crazy thing is Burfict went undrafted due to his violent and wreck less often after the whistle ON field play. But when a player has equal talent but has OFF the field issues like DV they just drop a round or 2.

Thats bc dv issues if solved dont create problems on the field. Burfict for example does.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 02:00 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I don't remember Burfict having off the field issues. I assume you mean bringing him in as a UDFA. I'm sure someone will draft him as well as Mixon.

I mean like Burfict he has fallen due to combine/pro day results as well as interviews. 

You might just be wrong about someone drafting Westbrook. I've heard it reported many will not touch him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 02:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I mean like Burfict he has fallen due to combine/pro day results as well as interviews. 

You might just be wrong about someone drafting Westbrook. I've heard it reported many will not touch him. 

Well I hope we're not the ones who pick him up.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 02:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Thats bc dv issues if solved dont create problems on the field. Burfict for example does.

Not this person with multiple DV. That type of person is a problem and will continue to be a problem. He should not have the privilege to play in the NFL making millions. This guy just sounds like an jackass. If they truly want to keep the integrity of the NFL then they need to stop letting guys like this in the league. Do criminal background checks. If someone is a repeat offender of DV for example, no team should be allowed to pick that player up. Companies do it, why can't the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Too me he is Tyreek Hill 2.0 in a lot of ways. I think he is a 5th or 5th rounder similar to Hill.
Reply/Quote