Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The perfect Candidate has announced
(06-06-2015, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No. You didn't answer how Perry abused his powers to force the execution.

If you want to go as far as to suggest he is guilty of murder, at least expound on how he abused his powers to orchestrate it.

All the evidence prior to the execution pointed to guilt, the court found him guilty and sentenced him to death. He was executed, 5 years later it is found that the guy may not have been guilty; so there are those far left few pointing a finger at Perry.

Perhaps Perry could have issued a 30 day stay, but I see no evidence how he abused his powers to ensure the man was executed. lease explain.

Perry was presented with a report that said the judicial system had failed and sentenced an innocent man to death. He ignored it. That's a negligent homicide. In Texas that's a 180-day to 2-year sentence. Given that he's an elected official, he's not going to be charged with anything, but the fear of that, or political ambition, led him to maneuver the end of the investigation that would have posthumously exonerated Willingham (and shown that Perry could have corrected the case). 

His failure to fulfill the duties of his office led to someone's death. And when that was coming to light, he abused his authority to either defer a criminal charge or to further his political career. Failure, death, abuse.

And as far as "all the evidence" that was the point of the report. The evidence was a persuaded testimony from a fellow inmate and the report that was proven incorrect at the time Perry entered the situation. He had "all the evidence" and ignored it.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2009/09/07/trial-by-fire
Quote:The vote was unanimous. Reaves could not offer an explanation: the board deliberates in secret, and its members are not bound by any specific criteria. The board members did not even have to review Willingham’s materials, and usually don’t debate a case in person; rather, they cast their votes by fax—a process that has become known as “death by fax.” Between 1976 and 2004, when Willingham filed his petition, the State of Texas had approved only one application for clemency from a prisoner on death row. A Texas appellate judge has called the clemency system “a legal fiction.” Reaves said of the board members, “They never asked me to attend a hearing or answer any questions.”

The Innocence Project obtained, through the Freedom of Information Act, all the records from the governor’s office and the board pertaining to Hurst’s report. “The documents show that they received the report, but neither office has any record of anyone acknowledging it, taking note of its significance, responding to it, or calling any attention to it within the government,” Barry Scheck said. “The only reasonable conclusion is that the governor’s office and the Board of Pardons and Paroles ignored scientific evidence.”

What’s more, Beyler determined that the investigation violated, as he put it to me, “not only the standards of today but even of the time period.” The commission is reviewing his findings, and plans to release its own report next year. Some legal scholars believe that the commission may narrowly assess the reliability of the scientific evidence. There is a chance, however, that Texas could become the first state to acknowledge officially that, since the advent of the modern judicial system, it had carried out the “execution of a legally and factually innocent person.”

The whole article is a good read, but the nutshell as far as this is if Perry had been doing is job... if he had been able to govern a single state... then there would have at least been a realistic investigation. He didn't, a guy died and he's used his political abilities to make sure he's not the first governor to have to say, "Well, darn, I guess maybe we did kill the wrong guy."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-07-2015, 01:16 AM)Benton Wrote: Perry was presented with a report that said the judicial system had failed and sentenced an innocent man to death. He ignored it. That's a negligent homicide. In Texas that's a 180-day to 2-year sentence. Given that he's an elected official, he's not going to be charged with anything, but the fear of that, or political ambition, led him to maneuver the end of the investigation that would have posthumously exonerated Willingham (and shown that Perry could have corrected the case). 

His failure to fulfill the duties of his office led to someone's death. And when that was coming to light, he abused his authority to either defer a criminal charge or to further his political career. Failure, death, abuse.

And as far as "all the evidence" that was the point of the report. The evidence was a persuaded testimony from a fellow inmate and the report that was proven incorrect at the time Perry entered the situation. He had "all the evidence" and ignored it.

The whole article is a good read, but the nutshell as far as this is if Perry had been doing is job... if he had been able to govern a single state... then there would have at least been a realistic investigation. He didn't, a guy died and he's used his political abilities to make sure he's not the first governor to have to say, "Well, darn, I guess maybe we did kill the wrong guy."

You have just retold a story that has been told numerous times. There is a chance an innocent man may have been executed; however, Rick Perry didn't do it. Regardless, how mad you are about it; anyone with rational thought has dismissed this. Hell, even Pat thinks is ridiculous to think so.

You have shown absolutely nothing to suggest Perry abused his power to execute Willingham. He simply upheld a court decision.

Do you hold Hilary responsible for the deaths of Christopher Stevens, Sean Smith, Tyrone Woods, and Glen Doherty?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-07-2015, 01:16 AM)Benton Wrote: if Perry had been doing is job... then there would have at least been a realistic investigation. He didn't...and he's used his political abilities to make sure he's not the first governor to have to say, "Well, darn, I guess maybe we did kill the wrong guy."

Hmmm....sounds a lot like a few very popular liberal politicians I know of.
(06-06-2015, 08:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How did he abuse his powers to execute an innocent man? What could Perry have done to prevent the execution?

Seems the abuse of power would have been to stop the execution.

No. This is one of the links i posted in a Willingham thread i created on the mothership. There was substantial evidence to grant a stay and reopen the investigation.

There's no excuse for this amount of incompetence.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-cameron-todd-willingham-rick-perry-execution-20140806-story.html

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-06-2015, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No. You didn't answer how Perry abused his powers to force the execution.

If you want to go as far as to suggest he is guilty of murder, at least expound on how he abused his powers to orchestrate it.

All the evidence prior to the execution pointed to guilt, the court found him guilty and sentenced him to death. He was executed, 5 years later it is found that the guy may not have been guilty; so there are those far left few pointing a finger at Perry.

Perhaps Perry could have issued a 30 day stay, but I see no evidence how he abused his powers to ensure the man was executed. lease explain.

He removed the head of a commission and replaced him with one of his own supporters.

A very long but excellent read on the case.

More stuff.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/02/cameron-todd-willingham-execution-rick-perry_n_946654.html

The people that were responsible for killing Willingham have no problem with his execution because he was a 'bad guy' that liked heavy metal music and was known to beat his wife on occasion.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-07-2015, 02:05 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. This is one of the links i posted in a Willingham thread i created on the mothership. There was substantial evidence to grant a stay and reopen the investigation.

There's no excuse for this amount of incompetence.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-cameron-todd-willingham-rick-perry-execution-20140806-story.html

This is about the 3rd time this link has been posted in this thread. All Perry could have done was issue a 30 day stay.

It still doesn't suggest Perry did anything "wrong" except be the Governor in a state, in which, an innocent man may have been executed. 

Since 2000 there has been about 320 executions in the state of Texas. This case is reopened after 5 years and the liberal left asserts Perry is to blame.

Luckily rational folks see this for what it is.

(06-07-2015, 02:39 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He removed the head of a commission and replaced him with one of his own supporters.

A very long but excellent read on the case.

More stuff.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/02/cameron-todd-willingham-execution-rick-perry_n_946654.html

The people that were responsible for killing Willingham have no problem with his execution because he was a 'bad guy' that liked heavy metal music and was known to beat his wife on occasion.

Please look at the other posts before you share the same links.

Yes, there is a chance an innocent man was executed; but it was not Perry's fault; no matter how much folks in the BengalBoard PR forum want it to be,

(06-07-2015, 02:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This is about the 3rd time this link has been posted in this thread. All Perry could have done was issue a 30 day stay.

It still doesn't suggest Perry did anything "wrong" except be the Governor in a state, in which, an innocent man may have been executed. 

Since 2000 there has been about 320 executions in the state of Texas. This case is reopened after 5 years and the liberal left asserts Perry is to blame.

Luckily rational folks see this for what it is.

If you want to put your fingers in your ears like your buddy Perry and "lalalalala" your way down the street, be my guest. It's your American right to be ignorant--and even blatantly ignore--facts that show someone was in the wrong and it was actively covered up and attempted, unsuccessfully, to be swept under the rug by the "perfect candidate" you're supporting. So, yes, "luckily rational folks see this for what it is". Your continued support for and additional attempts at subverting the claims, by bringing up Hillary and moving the focus away from the issue at hand, is another thing that "rational folks see".

The only person you're fooling with post after post, defending the actions of Perry, is yourself.

Numerous, real, members of the scientific community in the field of arson are in agreement that the "science" used in the original investigation is "junk" and there is absolutely nothing to point towards a crime in this case. Including the foremost expert in the field. Perry ignored all of that and even went so far as to replace several members of a commission when he "didn't like the direction the commission was taking", even though the commission was doing exactly what they were created to do.

The title of your OP is as accurate as the original investigators in the Willingham case and you continue to support a guy that smells as fresh as a 2 week old, dead, stinky fish, wrapped up in a stew of raw sewage and biological waste.

In case i've been unclear in this post, Perry is someone that i would not ever consider voting for due to his incompetence and active participation in covering up facts that dispute a wrong.

(06-07-2015, 03:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Please look at the other posts before you share the same links.

Yes, there is a chance an innocent man was executed; but it was not Perry's fault; no matter how much folks in the BengalBoard PR forum want it to be,

If people post things while i'm typing...oh well.(EDIT: My mistake. That post was several hours ago. I was replying as i read the posts with no regard to when they were originally posted.)

There is no "there was a chance" and it was as much Perry's fault as it was everyone else that had a hand in it. Had he done his job properly, he could have at the very least, postponed the execution until any question was resolved. Instead of doing that, he did what he could to make sure the execution went on as scheduled.

(06-07-2015, 02:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This is about the 3rd time this link has been posted in this thread. All Perry could have done was issue a 30 day stay.

Pat was the only one, other than me, to post that link.

Why did you say it was the 3rd time?

(06-07-2015, 03:31 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pat was the only one, other than me, to post that link.

Why did you say it was the 3rd time?

I did say "about" the 3rd time and did not go back and count. I guess you just don't consider 2 to be close to 3,

Don't get it twisted, I'm am amused that folks keep linking the same stories,

(06-07-2015, 03:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I did say "about" the 3rd time and did not go back and count. I guess you just don't consider 2 to be close to 3,

Don't get it twisted, I'm am amused that folks keep linking the same stories,

Are you more/less or as amused at people that ignore facts?
Would you prefer that people make stuff up to avoid posting the same links?

You don't have to answer either of those questions. Honestly, i was just trying to get another 'cutesy' one-liner quip out of you, but after typing these sentences out, i'm not really interested anymore.

(06-04-2015, 03:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who is coming with me??
If he prayed to Allah for three days for some rain instead of the Christian god would you still think he was perfect?
(06-08-2015, 01:33 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If he prayed to Allah for three days for some rain instead of the Christian god would you still think he was perfect?

I thought that the Jews, Christians, and Muslims all prayed to the same god that Moses prayed to?
(06-08-2015, 04:38 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I thought that the Jews, Christians, and Muslims all prayed to the same god that Moses prayed to?

If you asked 100 Evangelicals that question, how many do you think would get the answer correct?

The implication of my question is if Perry prayed to Allah he would be Muslim, not Christian.  The gist is would Perry still be considered "prefect" if he were Muslim?  Much of Perry's support is based upon religion and that religious support would evaporate if he wasn't the "right" religion.  If Perry espoused Muslim views the way he does his Christian views I think most conservative Christians would be shitting their pants about sharia law.  I find their blind spot towards their own religion amusing.
(06-08-2015, 04:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you asked 100 Evangelicals that question, how many do you think would get the answer correct?

The implication of my question is if Perry prayed to Allah he would be Muslim, not Christian.  The gist is would Perry still be considered "prefect" if he were Muslim?  Much of Perry's support is based upon religion and that religious support would evaporate if he wasn't the "right" religion.  If Perry espoused Muslim views the way he does his Christian views I think most conservative Christians would be shitting their pants about sharia law.  I find their blind spot towards their own religion amusing.

Sorry I forgot I posted in this thread...lol

But you're right,  Many Christians don't realize all of this.  My folks are pretty right wing Christian conservatives, and look at me in disbelief and immediately start praying for me wen I mention stuff like this. 

I posted a thread something like 6-7yrs ago on the old boards with an article on how closely linked all three religions really are.

Also I think I might have to correct myself, I said Moses, I think I may have meant Abraham.  Which is why the three are referred to the "Abrahamic faiths".  Anyway it all very interesting.