Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The perfect Candidate has announced
(06-05-2015, 08:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Wasn't it because she was a drunk and that's why he wanted her gone .... Then she tried to pull the old "fired for being a woman" nonsense

Being a drunk is reason enough to stop funding anything she is involved.
never heard him criticize her for being a woman, only for the dui. But I read he had tried to encourage her being replaced before that.
(06-05-2015, 09:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: uuuuhhhmmmm No.

Did this question make sense to you when you came up with it in your head?

yes.

if it doesn't in yours you could try saying it in an accent. Pretend it's in French.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-04-2015, 04:08 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL
don't forget he's the only candidate who knowingly expedited executing an innocent person and used his office to silence people who opposed it.

Shhh! You will get their panties so wet they need mops.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(06-06-2015, 09:56 AM)Benton Wrote: yes.

if it doesn't in yours you could try saying it in an accent. Pretend it's in French.

Je parle un peu petite le francais and it still made no sense.

Perhaps you could explain why it would be better if he were indicted on murder?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-06-2015, 09:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Didn't you just admit that he did it?

How so?

(06-05-2015, 08:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Wasn't it because she was a drunk and that's why he wanted her gone .... Then she tried to pull the old "fired for being a woman" nonsense

Being a drunk is reason enough to stop funding anything she is involved.

It was because she was an embarrassment and the populace had lost faith in her.

He simply stated he was not going to give the tax payer's money to a division as long as she was in charge of it.

Courts (maybe) or the Bengal Message Board (definitively) will determine if he did anything illegal. 

His gaffs in 2012 debates is getting far more press that this indictment everywhere but bengalBoard.net Message Board.

(06-06-2015, 12:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: His gaffs in 2012 debates is getting far more press that this indictment everywhere but bengalBoard.net Message Board.

You're the one who decided to press that part even further when it was merely an afterthought on a comedy article about Perry.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-06-2015, 12:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're the one who decided to press that part even further when it was merely an afterthought on a comedy article about Perry.

No doubt I brought it up. I did think the "would murder be better" suggestion was a nice touch.

(06-06-2015, 01:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt I brought it up. I did think the "would murder be better" suggestion was a nice touch.

Replacing the chairman to the commission that found that the evidence against a death row inmate was faulty in order to execute the man was also a nice touch.

Extreme to call that murder, sure, but it's certainly a huge blemish on his career that needs to be scrutinized.

(06-06-2015, 01:10 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Replacing the chairman to the commission that found that the evidence against a death row inmate was faulty in order to execute the man was also a nice touch.

Extreme to call that murder, sure, but it's certainly a huge blemish on his career that needs to be scrutinized.

No doubt being the Executive Leader of a state that the courts can impose the death penalty comes with a heavy burden.

If I am not mistaken the courts found Willingham guilty (he could have pled to life in prison) and sentenced him to murder. He was executed in 2004 and the case was reopened n 2009. The only thing Perry could have done in 2004 (once again pretty sure) was issue a 30 day stay.

Anything more could have been abuse of power.

To be fair to Bfine, the original post did teach me some positive things about Rick Perry. I would never vote for him, but if he were elected maybe it would be less terrible than I previously assumed.

(06-06-2015, 12:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Je parle un peu petite le francais and it still made no sense.

Perhaps you could explain why it would be better if he were indicted on murder?

ah, I see now.

no, I meant you seemed to have no issue with accusations he abused power to execute an innocent man, then cover up the reports, but you seemed to get more upset he's accused of trying to make a drunk driver quit her job.
(06-06-2015, 08:06 PM)Benton Wrote: ah, I see now.

no, I meant you seemed to have no issue with accusations he abused power to execute an innocent man, then cover up the reports, but you seemed to get more upset he's accused of trying to make a drunk driver quit her job.

How did he abuse his powers to execute an innocent man? What could Perry have done to prevent the execution?

Seems the abuse of power would have been to stop the execution.

(06-06-2015, 01:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt being the Executive Leader of a state that the courts can impose the death penalty comes with a heavy burden.

If I am not mistaken the courts found Willingham guilty (he could have pled to life in prison) and sentenced him to murder. He was executed in 2004 and the case was reopened n 2009. The only thing Perry could have done in 2004 (once again pretty sure) was issue a 30 day stay.

Anything more could have been abuse of power.

eh no.

Perry wasn't in office in the late 90s when Willingham was tried and convicted. Although, I guess you are correct, if he had pleaded guilty to murdering his kids, he wouldn't have been wrongly convicted. Or something.

the but comes in during 2004 when Perry was presented with a report by the state fire examiner who said there was no evidence and the conviction had been based on incorrect science. Perry shrugged and killed Willingham anyway.

in 2009 the report and other information was part of an investigation as to what happened. Perry shrugged and replaced who he could, squashing the report and his involvement in it.
(06-06-2015, 08:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How did he abuse his powers to execute an innocent man? What could Perry have done to prevent the execution?

Seems the abuse of power would have been to stop the execution.
other post

ThumbsUp
(06-06-2015, 08:21 PM)Benton Wrote: other post

ThumbsUp

No. You didn't answer how Perry abused his powers to force the execution.

If you want to go as far as to suggest he is guilty of murder, at least expound on how he abused his powers to orchestrate it.

All the evidence prior to the execution pointed to guilt, the court found him guilty and sentenced him to death. He was executed, 5 years later it is found that the guy may not have been guilty; so there are those far left few pointing a finger at Perry.

Perhaps Perry could have issued a 30 day stay, but I see no evidence how he abused his powers to ensure the man was executed. lease explain.

(06-06-2015, 08:06 PM)Benton Wrote: ah, I see now.

(06-06-2015, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No. You didn't answer how Perry abused his powers to force the execution.

If you want to go as far as to suggest he is guilty of murder, at least expound on how he abused his powers to orchestrate it.

All the evidence prior to the execution pointed to guilt, the court found him guilty and sentenced him to death. He was executed, 5 years later it is found that the guy may not have been guilty; so there are those far left few pointing a finger at Perry.

Perhaps Perry could have issued a 30 day stay, but I see no evidence how he abused his powers to ensure the man was executed. lease explain.

I have no clue whether or not he believes it was abuse of power, but his post says "accusations".

(06-06-2015, 08:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I have no clue whether or not he believes it was abuse of power, but his post says "accusations".

Yes, accusations by him in this thread. 

Where else is there a credible source that accuses Perry of abusing his power in the execution of Willingham?

I personally wouldn't call it abuse of power. He had the right to not do anything and had to right to replace the board prior to them conceeding that the state executed an innocent man.

I think what Rick Perry did was much worse than abuse of power but was not a crime: Rick Perry let a man he knew was most likely innocent be murdered so that his state did not appear weak. He then legally used his power to silence a commission that would have revealed that he and many others were incorrect when they referred to Willingham as a "monster" and called for his death.

Rick Perry didn't abuse his power, he's just a disgusting human being.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-cameron-todd-willingham-rick-perry-execution-20140806-story.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2014/08/03/fresh-doubts-over-a-texas-execution/

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Benton. I thought this guy was just an idiot. Now I realize that he is a monster, the same thing he said Willingham was 5 years after he was told by the leading forensic scientist that there was no physical evidence to suggest the man intentionally set the fire that killed his 3 kids.

(06-06-2015, 08:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I personally wouldn't call it abuse of power. He had the right to not do anything and had to right to replace the board prior to them conceeding that the state executed an innocent man.

I think what Rick Perry did was much worse than abuse of power but was not a crime: Rick Perry let a man he knew was most likely innocent be murdered so that his state did not appear weak. He then legally used his power to silence a commission that would have revealed that he and many others were incorrect when they referred to Willingham as a "monster" and called for his death.

Rick Perry didn't abuse his power, he's just a disgusting human being.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-cameron-todd-willingham-rick-perry-execution-20140806-story.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2014/08/03/fresh-doubts-over-a-texas-execution/

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Benton. I thought this guy was just an idiot. Now I realize that he is a monster, the same thing he said Willingham was 5 years after he was told by the leading forensic scientist that there was no physical evidence to suggest the man intentionally set the fire that killed his 3 kids.
Perry could have at least went with this:

[Image: th?id=JN.TX10D4vR0s73atbmcI91Sw&pid=15.1&P=0:]

Caught a moment of Perry's speech on tv yesterday.

In general, I'm just amazed by the sheeple herd mentality of these political speeches/rallies in general.  Is it just a carryover from being sports fans that people start cheering and clapping like Pavlov's dogs anytime someone speaks forcefully and excitedly?  Just saying when a teacher drones on about these same topics in an econ or accounting class, most of the students are barely awake, much less cheering.

It would be hilarious if Perry slipped in a "AND I'M GONNA BAN ALL GUNS!!!" in between rants, and the crowd would roar gleefully until a few would go "wait er minute, whut der he just say?"