Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The pitching is killing us.
The bullpen has blown 3 or 4 games over the past couple weeks, perhaps more ? And it just got me to thinking about looking up how bad our pitching (overall) has been. Sure Greene and Ashcraft have been doing well lately, Castillo and Mahle have been stepping it up. But in the big picture our pitching is killing us.

The Reds are 29th out of 30 in team ERA 5.19. The Reds only have 13 saves tied with 4 other teams in 22nd place. They've allowed 333 runs good for the 3rd worst runs allowed in MLB. Only Rockies and Nationals have allowed more runs. They're 21st in opposing teams batting average at .248.

The Reds are going nowhere this season, duh. But man to even reach 60 wins they've got to get this pitching problem under control.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 12:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The bullpen has blown 3 or 4 games over the past couple weeks, perhaps more ? And it just got me to thinking about looking up how bad our pitching (overall) has been. Sure Greene and Ashcraft have been doing well lately, Castillo and Mahle have been stepping it up. But in the big picture our pitching is killing us.

The Reds are 29th out of 30 in team ERA 5.19. The Reds only have 13 saves tied with 4 other teams in 22nd place. They've allowed 333 runs good for the 3rd worst runs allowed in MLB. Only Rockies and Nationals have allowed more runs. They're 21st in opposing teams batting average at .248.

The Reds are going nowhere this season, duh. But man to even reach 60 wins they've got to get this pitching problem under control.

Starting pitching is doing okay, relief pitching is killing us. 
Reply/Quote
We are actually in the top half of teams in runs scored (14th)
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 01:24 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Starting pitching is doing okay, relief pitching is killing us. 

Starting pitching also sucks (27th in ERA).  They just look better compared to our relievers (30th of 30)
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 04:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Starting pitching also sucks (27th in ERA).  They just look better compared to our relievers (30th of 30)

They are inconsistent that's for sure. I don't have the figgers in front of me but I'd be willing to bet that most of the high ERA is from the first 23 games. 
Reply/Quote