Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The plan: 4 Rookies will Fix Everything
After partaking in some high-grade Hobspin propaganda this week, it's becoming somewhat clear that a change in course by the organization will not be forthcoming any time soon. I'm not even sure that 0-16 will get them to admit that the Bengal Way "model model" has been proven a failure since 2016.

So, that leaves us with a realistic picture of what we can expect from the family when the smoke clears from this lartine fire of a season during the (I'm typing this with a straight face) "talent acquisition" portion of the league year, ie March and April. The team through Geoff has stated that the plan is clear, and the plan is to build an offense around an over-30 receiver who has not played a down since November of 2018. This is, of course galactically stupid, as their plans generally are. This will also likely eat up a good chunk of cap.

Back to talent acquisition: At this point, I think the best we can hope for is to get uncharacteristically fortunate in the first 3 rounds of the draft. We need to sniff out the elite quarterback first, then get 2 guys that can start immediately in 2 and 3.

I'm going to be generous and say that maybe they get a second rounder for Andy. Mind you, they are dumber that shit and lazier that any front office in football, so you never know. They might just pay him 14 mil to be disgruntled and harken back to Jon Kitna mentoring Palmer as an excuse not to get a pick/do something that would free up cap space. But for now, I'll say they get a second.

That leaves them with 4 picks before the 4th round, all early but the Dalton trade acquisition. Is 4 rookies plus Jonah enough to turn around this group of rejects? Maybe throw in a new DC? The entire o-line is replaceable minus Hopkins right now, but would Jonah plus another early o-lineman be enough to make them capable of protecting a rookie qb? They also, laughably seem to think that Michael Jordan played well enough to call him the future at LG, which is again, something only this organization would be lazy enough to believe.

Also, these people don't care about winning football games.
Reply/Quote
Hobson will explain the Ryan Finley experiment didn’t work which is why they had to hold onto Dalton thus they didn’t secure any extra draft picks to upgrade the offensive line. Hopefully, the scheduling Gods won’t give them the Lions during the preseason, otherwise the new QB will get his jaw broken, again, behind this offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 04:38 PM)samhain Wrote: After partaking in some high-grade Hobspin propaganda this week, it's becoming somewhat clear that a change in course by the organization will not be forthcoming any time soon. I'm not even sure that 0-16 will get them to admit that the Bengal Way "model model" has been proven a failure since 2016.

So, that leaves us with a realistic picture of what we can expect from the family when the smoke clears from this lartine fire of a season during the (I'm typing this with a straight face) "talent acquisition" portion of the league year, ie March and April. The team through Geoff has stated that the plan is clear, and the plan is to build an offense around an over-30 receiver who has not played a down since November of 2018. This is, of course galactically stupid, as their plans generally are. This will also likely eat up a good chunk of cap.

Back to talent acquisition: At this point, I think the best we can hope for is to get uncharacteristically fortunate in the first 3 rounds of the draft. We need to sniff out the elite quarterback first, then get 2 guys that can start immediately in 2 and 3.

I'm going to be generous and say that maybe they get a second rounder for Andy. Mind you, they are dumber that shit and lazier that any front office in football, so you never know. They might just pay him 14 mil to be disgruntled and harken back to Jon Kitna mentoring Palmer as an excuse not to get a pick/do something that would free up cap space. But for now, I'll say they get a second.

That leaves them with 4 picks before the 4th round, all early but the Dalton trade acquisition. Is 4 rookies plus Jonah enough to turn around this group of rejects? Maybe throw in a new DC? The entire o-line is replaceable minus Hopkins right now, but would Jonah plus another early o-lineman be enough to make them capable of protecting a rookie qb? They also, laughably seem to think that Michael Jordan played well enough to call him the future at LG, which is again, something only this organization would be lazy enough to believe.

Also, these people don't care about winning football games.

Shew deep breath, this team needs more than just one Olinemen with the first 4 picks. If their not going to be active in FA they have to grab 2. I would love a Tackle and the best Center if possible that can also play G. I like Biadez, and the G from Oregon. If they just pick one player who could be a bust or injured just as Williams that won’t be enough. I would actually wait till next year for a QB. Just fix the Oline and LBers already.
Reply/Quote
Even if they pick 3 offensive lineman...in the 1st 4 picks...you CAN'T RELY ON ROOKIE OFFENSIVE LINEMAN.

In general, it takes a rookie 2-3-4 years to be highly productive.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 05:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even if they pick 3 offensive lineman...in the 1st 4 picks...you CAN'T RELY ON ROOKIE OFFENSIVE LINEMAN.

True which is why I wouldn’t take a QB this year. No point throwing a rookie behind a shity line or a line full of rookies. In a perfect world FA would come into play here but we all know that won’t happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 05:21 PM)TKUHL Wrote: True which is why I wouldn’t take a QB this year. No point throwing a rookie behind a shity line or a line full of rookies. In a perfect world FA would come into play here but we all know that won’t happen.

We have so much cap space. Waive Glenn to create more.

Sign Jack Conklin at RT and Scherff at Guard and retain Hopkins. With Jonah returning, our line would be one of the better ones in the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 05:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have so much cap space. Waive Glenn to create more.

Sign Jack Conklin at RT and Scherff at Guard and retain Hopkins. With Jonah returning, our line would be one of the better ones in the league.

YOU CAN'T RELY ON ROOKIE OFFENSIVE LINEMAN
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 05:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have so much cap space. Waive Glenn to create more.

YOU KNOW OUR CAP SPACE WILL BARELY COVER INJURIES AND THE ROOKIE POOL; WAIVING GLENN WILL CREATE $1.95 IN DEAD CAP SPACE!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 05:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even if they pick 3 offensive lineman...in the 1st 4 picks...you CAN'T RELY ON ROOKIE OFFENSIVE LINEMAN.

So if we only count Hart's time in Cincy, he along with Price and Jordan should magically be more productive next year, right?  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 05:21 PM)TKUHL Wrote: True which is why I wouldn’t take a QB this year. No point throwing a rookie behind a shity line or a line full of rookies. In a perfect world FA would come into play here but we all know that won’t happen.

Along this line of thinking, they are projecting Tua to fall to late 1st round if he decides to enter the draft. Is it even plausible that the Bengals are smart enough to trade the first pick for 2 first rounders? Would Miami bite to get their preferred QB? Draft Chase Young and Tua, even though Tua is probably a year away? Trade Andy for a pick in the 2nd and maybe get another late rounder?  That would give us two first rounders and two 2nd rounders. Maybe a trade with Tampa Bay, which would net a pretty high 2nd rounder. Maybe sign a QB to play for a year?
I don't think AJ will remain in Cincy by his choice

Chase Young
Tua
Offensive Lineman
Linebacker
3rd round
4th round
5th round
6th round
6th round late rounder from Andy trade
7th round

Would this be enough to start moving in the right direction?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 05:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Shew deep breath, this team needs more than just one Olinemen with the first 4 picks. If their not going to be active in FA they have to grab 2. I would love a Tackle and the best Center if possible that can also play G. I like Biadez, and the G from Oregon. If they just pick one player who could be a bust or injured just as Williams that won’t be enough. I would actually wait till next year for a QB. Just fix the Oline and LBers already.

I like Biadesz as well.  Yes, we need OLine so bad that anyone with a brain should see.

I don't know ZT but I don't think he is the type to admit when he makes mistakes.  Me personally if I were in his shoes, I would bring in Dalton and Green for a meeting.

I would admit to Dalton that I made an error in benching him.  I would state that my inexperience made me a little rash in my approach and formally offer up an apology.  Dalton from what we have seen is a class act and I don't believe he would hold any grudges and accept a sincere apology.

I would then ask both players if they would like to remain with this team and if they want to be a part of the rebuilding that the team is undergoing.  If they say no, then I would thank them for their service all of these years, and then inform them that we will be trading them as soon as the new season allows.  For Green I would tell him that he is being Tagged just so we can trade him.  Then when possible to follow through with the trading process, before the draft.

If they say yes, then I would lay out my plan to build this team up.  Knowing that we have the 1st pick and even if we don't have that, we would have a high pick, I would inform Dalton that J. Williams will be on one side and then Thomas will be on the other (both can and have played LT and RT at a high level against NFL caliber talent, who plays what side would be one who plays the best on the LT side).

Even though the fans would not like it, I would then take OG in the 2nd round.  If Kindley is there, then great, back to back Georgia boys, if not then Bredeson.  To finish the OLine portion of the draft, Biadasz would be getting a call from us in the 3rd.

OLine guys currently on the team that I would keep are, Hopkins, Price, Jerry and Jordan.  John Miller is a possible keep as well, especially through the offseason.  Then I would speak with Turner and tell him that he needs to develop this OLine with the talent that he will have to being the best in the league.  Failure will not be an option.

Of course this is what I would do.  I don't think ZT would do this.  He will take a QB, fail next year, but at least he is failing with his "guy".
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 05:56 PM)hotweales Wrote: Along this line of thinking, they are projecting Tua to fall to late 1st round if he decides to enter the draft. Is it even plausible that the Bengals are smart enough to trade the first pick for 2 first rounders? Would Miami bite to get their preferred QB? Draft Chase Young and Tua, even though Tua is probably a year away? Trade Andy for a pick in the 2nd and maybe get another late rounder?  That would give us two first rounders and two 2nd rounders. Maybe a trade with Tampa Bay, which would net a pretty high 2nd rounder. Maybe sign a QB to play for a year?
I don't think AJ will remain in Cincy by his choice

Chase Young
Tua
Offensive Lineman
Linebacker
3rd round
4th round
5th round
6th round
6th round late rounder from Andy trade
7th round

Would this be enough to start moving in the right direction?

Not bad. I have a weird feeling Tua will fall to Pitt in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 08:04 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I like Biadesz as well.  Yes, we need OLine so bad that anyone with a brain should see.

I don't know ZT but I don't think he is the type to admit when he makes mistakes.  Me personally if I were in his shoes, I would bring in Dalton and Green for a meeting.

I would admit to Dalton that I made an error in benching him.  I would state that my inexperience made me a little rash in my approach and formally offer up an apology.  Dalton from what we have seen is a class act and I don't believe he would hold any grudges and accept a sincere apology.

I would then ask both players if they would like to remain with this team and if they want to be a part of the rebuilding that the team is undergoing.  If they say no, then I would thank them for their service all of these years, and then inform them that we will be trading them as soon as the new season allows.  For Green I would tell him that he is being Tagged just so we can trade him.  Then when possible to follow through with the trading process, before the draft.

If they say yes, then I would lay out my plan to build this team up.  Knowing that we have the 1st pick and even if we don't have that, we would have a high pick, I would inform Dalton that J. Williams will be on one side and then Thomas will be on the other (both can and have played LT and RT at a high level against NFL caliber talent, who plays what side would be one who plays the best on the LT side).

Even though the fans would not like it, I would then take OG in the 2nd round.  If Kindley is there, then great, back to back Georgia boys, if not then Bredeson.  To finish the OLine portion of the draft, Biadasz would be getting a call from us in the 3rd.

OLine guys currently on the team that I would keep are, Hopkins, Price, Jerry and Jordan.  John Miller is a possible keep as well, especially through the offseason.  Then I would speak with Turner and tell him that he needs to develop this OLine with the talent that he will have to being the best in the league.  Failure will not be an option.

Of course this is what I would do.  I don't think ZT would do this.  He will take a QB, fail next year, but at least he is failing with his "guy".

Pretty solid! Want a job?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 08:59 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Not bad. I have a weird feeling Tua will fall to Pitt in the 2nd.

Good, let them live in constant fear that his devastating injury will come back to haunt.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 09:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Pretty solid! Want a job?

You know the Bengals would never do this, I know they won't, but we can dream right?

As far as addressing defense, I like Joe Bachie in the 4th.  Though my philosophy is that you can win championships with a subpar defense if you have an outstanding OLine.  Either we go toe to toe and have a shoot out or we play TOP and shorten the game with ball control and rushing, putting our defense out only after we score. 

The OLine makes everyone on the team better.  The QB looks good when he isn't being hit or pressured, the RBs look good when they have huge holes to run through,  WRs look good as they can run their routes or improvise when needed and the defense isn't on the field as much, so they aren't as worn down as the game goes along.
Reply/Quote

I just don't get this thinking...

Ok, let me put it this way. You don't want to put a rookie QB behind "this" line...which won't be the same next year, but let's say it's still not a finished(ish) line. Now, let's say the line is "fixed" the next year. 

Where is your QB? In the 2021 draft, picking more in the middle of the pack?

People are saying they don't want to put a rookie behind this line but then when that one year is over...you've missed out at the chance for a possible franchise QB. Because of one year...

Makes no sense. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 05:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Shew deep breath, this team needs more than just one Olinemen with the first 4 picks. If their not going to be active in FA they have to grab 2. I would love a Tackle and the best Center if possible that can also play G. I like Biadez, and the G from Oregon. If they just pick one player who could be a bust or injured just as Williams that won’t be enough. I would actually wait till next year for a QB. Just fix the Oline and LBers already.

The Bengals will say that Hart and Miller were always in their long-term plans and just need more time to gel with the OL, so they will be the slotted starters for RG and RT. Williams will be the slotted starter for LT and they will draft a LG on Day 2 methinks. They may also draft an OT in mid-rounds to be swing OT for Williams and Hart.

I think they'll address LB again with a mid-tier FA and draft another between rounds 2-4.

It wouldn't shock me to see a WR drafted since this is supposed to be a really good WR class along with the fact AJ might not be back and Ross hasn't been able to stay healthy.

I think this coaching staff will feel too much pressure to get a QB now rather than trying to sell the fan base on waiting until 2021. And I think that QB will be Burrow or Herbert.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This fixes everything from a roster standpoint in one off season and it’s not unrealistic for this front office....
Per Fan Speak Draft
1. Chase young DE Ohio State
2. Jacob Eason QB Washington
3. Solomon Kindley OG Georgia
4. Jacob Phillips ILB LSU
5. Yasir Durant RT Missouri
6. Lamar Jackson CB Nebraska
7. Michael Pittman JR. WR USC

Sign FA:
Sign Corey Littleton LB
Sign Trey Boston FS

Bengals Resign:
AJ green
Andrew Billings
Josh Topou
Darqueze Dennard
Tyler Eifert
Trey Hopkins
Brandon Wilson
John Jerry
Kerry Wynn
Reply/Quote
I'd personally sell out for offensive players if a quarterback is taken number 1. Get a 2nd for Andy, draft your QB. Immediately take a guard of tackle with the first pick in the 2nd, as they did with Steinbach after Palmer. Use your other second and 3rd to get a WR and another lineman. Let the new quarterback grow with the new group.

This team isn't getting fixed in 1 draft. Let your offensive coach get his pieces in place this year, address the defense in 2021. Also, a new DC and some FA linebackers might do a lot for the D.
Reply/Quote