Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The population "nobody" cares about
(06-25-2016, 04:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One of the points I've always tried to make in threads about terror is how "nobody" cares about the ongoings in Africa.

7500 were killed in Nigeria alone due to terrorism in 2014. Here's a complete report if anyone wants to read:
http://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/crt/2014/239404.htm

What brought this to mind is this that happened in Somalia today and I doubt it will get much play:
http://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/crt/2014/239404.htm

I have read (no link and could be wrong) that the EU is now pulling support from Africa's fight against terror, because they now have to deal with it more within their own borders.

No point other than to bring attention to a population that I feel is getting ignored and to get anyone else's thought on the ongoings in the continent.

It's a region with a bad history, and even badder economic prospects.

Seriously, South Africia adopting the policy where white farmers must give up land to blacks depressed me. They're one of the few countries with good economic potential.
(06-28-2016, 08:43 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: It's a region with a bad history, and even badder economic prospects.

Seriously, South Africia adopting the policy where white farmers must give up land to blacks depressed me. They're one of the few countries with good economic potential.

If you are not already familiar with it, look up the rise and fall of Rhodesia.
(06-25-2016, 08:06 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's far from our biggest concern, that's just what some would like us to think is our biggest concern. Off the top of my head:
Homeless problems all across the country, disproportionately impacting those that have served the country.
Inadequate mental health care.
The inability for many to afford basic health care.
Food insecurity in areas all across the country while we consistently waste food in other places.
A country in debt to its people, and its people in debt to financial institutions. One big nation of debt.
The list could ho on and on...

We don't have the murder rates and violence that exists in some of those countries, but the money that would be spent by our government in those places could very well go towards at least helping to solve some of these problems our own citizens face.

You forgot the looming passage of the TPP....this will make NAFTA look like a birthday party.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]