Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The post you don't want to hear
(12-18-2017, 10:41 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: The team is 100% mismanaged.  For me at least that magnifies how much it pisses me off to see calls always seeming to go against us.  Isn’t it enough of a handicap to have Marvin and Company on the sideline.  Do we really have to get the first down twice and from ten yards back every time we miraculously break off a run for more than 10 yards. Or how about a TD to Green let stand instead of calling a BS holding on the smallest guy on the field who served his purpose as nothing more than a speed bump.  

It just gets frustrating.  It’s hard to get excited watching this team because of its history.  I try not to let what happens with this team influence my life whatsoever but at times when things are going well I can’t help but feel it’s not going to last and I instantly feel the same as how I feel when watching a Bengals game.  I’ve gone many Sundays where I was just pissed off the whole day after the game and following day.  It’s not even so much that they lose but it’s how.  I find myself asking how insane am I to keep coming back expecting a different result when Mike Brown’s keeps using the same recipe for disaster.  I guess the hopeless optimistic, yeah right, feels like if I don’t watch it’ll be the one game that everything just clicks.

I feel ya man....I used to be that way. I was at the 2009 playoff game, and after that pathetic display, I quit letting them get to me....and boy has my life been better...lol.  The 2016 meltdown just confirmed what I felt I learned that cold night in 2010.  That Marvin was never gonna be the man.

For me....it was like..."I survived the 90s, this is a breeze."  However, my patience has really grown thin for stupid as I've entered my 40s.  If serious moves to win are not made this off season, I'm finished with Mike Brown.  I might come back once he's finally out of the picture, and I might not.  My fun meter is pegged at the moment.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 12:43 AM)McC Wrote: Think back to the last time we had a good C.  The offense just roasted people, except the Jets, of course.  

The early days of Carson Palmer.....the last time we had a run game that was somewhat feared, and that was with Rudi Friggin Johnson. Yikes!

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 02:42 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Those are all great ?.  But if you actually have the game rewatch the couple of series that AJ was in and really pay attention to what he does.  The pocket collapsed from the outside and he stepped up into space and instantly had more time.  Really watch and you’ll see this...you’ll see that when he bailed out of the pocket he had his eyes up field as well.  I honestly do not remember a recent time where Andy sensed pressure coming off the edge and stepped up.  ...and no LBs don’t just  sit and watch the QB in case they take a step forward in the pocket.  

Watch the tape, it doesn’t lie.

McCarron looked rushed and flustered to me as well....throwing a tipped ball that could have been picked off and overthrowing Malone by a mile.  He looked like Dalton. Which is no surprise behind one of the worst units ever trotted onto a NFL field. When you're constantly rushed to get the ball out, you're gonna make mistakes.

Andy made a very aware play on the flip to Bernard in the 2nd half as well.  FiK is right....there hasn't been a proper pocket to step into since Richie Braham left, save for one decent year from Kyle Cook.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 11:42 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Rucy, I’m gonna ‘splain something:

It’s hard to have pocket presence when a pocket is not present.

Throwing off the back foot is necessary when there’s a nose tackle almost standing on your front foot.

It’s hard to throw to an open receiver when nobody is open.

No sustained protection means no deep ball.

It’s useless to step up in the pocket when there’s a linebacker waiting for you to do exactly that.

This happened to Andy Dalton, AJ McCarron, Carson Palmer, and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

That is bologna!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 09:21 AM)PDub80 Wrote: ^ The above statement is moronic at best.

The problem is the line? the line has gotten much better. Andy Dalton hasn't. Next excuse, please? Stop being a blind derp homer and open your eyes.

If you think 2015 is "normal self" Andy Dalton, you're delusional. 2015 was an outlier season and not typical play for the QB. Guess what, if the guy has to have everything perfect and the ultimate team around him to look really good... he isn't really good. He's a product of the talent around him. It needs to be the opposite of that for the Bengals to be a great team. The QB needs to help make the players around him better NOT the other way around.

Missed throws? MISSED THROWS? That's adorably kind of you. Be honest. He's been dog crap... a lot. No good or very good QB puts up games like he has this season, regardless of what his O-line has been. He's had 2 good games against the Browns. The rest have been horrific, incomplete (1 half against the Packers. 1 Half against the Steelers), or avg/below avg.

Bitching about the O-line is pathetic excuse making at this point. They've been way better for quite a while and Dalton has still been throwing the ball into the Ohio River. It's the NFL. QBs get hit. He doesn't make the plays needed to be successful.

He is what he is at this point and that's not very good. Great human being... not a good NFL QB.

This post is bang on!!
Reply/Quote
I was a Carson Palmer loyalist just as much as I am Andy until he QUIT, and that is why I have such respect for Andy as he came in with Green and had us competing again.  Give Andy a year with a new head coach.  Andy has been bad the last 2 games because the entire team is on auto pilot, everyone is checked out including Giggles. 
Reply/Quote