Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The postseason push begins...
The Reds now have 20 games left in the season, and they're just 0.5 game out of the last WC spot.
They only have one opponent (Twins) with a winning record.
The team is about as healthy it's going to be the rest of this month.

Will the Reds make the postseason, or won't they?
What say you?

I say.....Joe
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Reds will fall just short. Votto is back tomorrow which will seal it. We still had a great season.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
My heart says yes. But my head thinks their pitching just isn't going to be enough to get over the hump.

If they do the offense is going to have to catch fire, big time.
Reply/Quote
Well we're on the road starting tomorrow against the Tigers then the Mets. Both are below .500 so-so kinda teams and we have played decent on the road.

Perhaps they can make a push?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: My heart says yes. But my head thinks their pitching just isn't going to be enough to get over the hump.

If they do the offense is going to have to catch fire, big time.

This perfectly sums up my take. My heart says the exciting offensive players launch us into the playoffs. My head tells me pitching wins and the Reds don't have enough right now.
Reply/Quote
India, Votto and Greene coming back should help. Hopefully, Ashcraft and McLain come back for the final week or week and a half as well.

I'm like 90% sure we miss the playoffs by a game or two, but crazier things have happened. We do have a "easy schedule" for the remainder of the year, relative to the other contenders for the NL WC (of course, that didn't help us much this weekend, losing 2 of 3 to a bunch of losers from St. Louis).
Reply/Quote