Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The preston Brown signing making more sense now....VB looking at suspension
Well, shit......

http://nfltraderumors.co/breaking-bengals-lb-vontaze-burfict-facing-four-game-suspension-ped-violation/

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Okay. Time to move on. Seriously. The Bengals need Edmunds, Smith, or another two backers in this upcoming draft. Antics like this is getting old. It hurts the team. It hurts game planning.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Well, hell.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
nice
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
One step forward...... 3 steps back. It's tough being a Bengal fan.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Ridiculous
Reply/Quote
Can't help but think that this is a ploy to suspend him.

I've never been his biggest fan and still aren't, but this is so ridiculous and fishy...

The one time he keeps his nose clean, they get him for something that he's never been accused of before...

Not saying it isn't true, but come on...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr · 14m14 minutes ago
#RelyingOnTheInherentlyUnreliable #Bengals

That's what I've been arguing all morning Paul.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 02:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr · 14m14 minutes ago  
#RelyingOnTheInherentlyUnreliable #Bengals

That's what I've been arguing all morning Paul.

So you win?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
It would not surprise me one bit that many players are using PED or Growth Hormone which is undetectable. Nevertheless, players who are using have a solid plan to avoid detection. Yet Burfict gets caught. Go figure.

I know Burfict is a great player and makes the Bengals defense better which is a rare commodity. But I would like to see the Bengals move on from Jones and Burfict.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Damn it. I guess i should be surprised. I am surprised it is not about a legal hit now and is about HGH. Mellow

Love the Preston Brown signing though, looks like he will play MIKE and we have lots of WILL backers.

We need to grab a SAM backer in the Draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 02:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Can't help but think that this is a ploy to suspend him.

I've never been his biggest fan and still aren't, but this is so ridiculous and fishy...

The one time he keeps his nose clean, they get him for something that he's never been accused of before...

Not saying it isn't true, but come on...

Exactly!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn it. I guess i should be surprised. I am surprised it is not about a legal hit now and is about HGH. Mellow

Love the Preston Brown signing though, looks like he will play MIKE and we have lots of WILL backers.

We need to grab a SAM backer in the Draft.

If you still draft a LB now that Brown has been signed, which LB would you cut once Burfict is back from suspension?
Burfict, Brown, Rey, Evans, Vigil, Lawson

Or would you go eight DL (including Lawson)?
Dunlap, MJ, Willis, Lawson, Atkins, Baker, Glasgow, Billings
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you still draft a LB now that Brown has been signed, which LB would you cut once Burfict is back from suspension?

I know which one I'd cut first.

Reply/Quote
Are they really going to suspend him for receiving medical treatment for injuries, after he was already declared done for the season?

I'm not an expert on these sort of rulings, but I smell bullshit. The Super Destroyer should seek legal counsel.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are they really going to suspend him for receiving medical treatment for injuries, after he was already declared done for the season?

I'm not an expert on these sort of rulings, but I smell bullshit.  The Super Destroyer should seek legal counsel.

There are rules in place, if it was prescribed he was supposed to file it with the league. If he didn't file it with the league it constitutes a failed test under the CBA. Marcus Gilbert got popped for something similar last season I think it was.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you still draft a LB now that Brown has been signed, which LB would you cut once Burfict is back from suspension?

That is what is nice about Lawson, can move him around accordingly. All i know is Vinny and Vigil both looked pretty bad
last season. They will need to improve a lot. Evans and even Vigil i still have hope for but they are not SAM Linebackers,
neither is Vinny Rey. Need to add a SAM and cut one of these 3.

(03-16-2018, 04:05 PM)McC Wrote: I know which one I'd cut first.

Vinny or Vigil?

(03-16-2018, 04:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are they really going to suspend him for receiving medical treatment for injuries, after he was already declared done for the season?

I'm not an expert on these sort of rulings, but I smell bullshit.  The Super Destroyer should seek legal counsel.

Sure sounds fishy just like Truck said. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: There are rules in place, if it was prescribed he was supposed to file it with the league. If he didn't file it with the league it constitutes a failed test under the CBA. Marcus Gilbert got popped for something similar last season I think it was.

I'm assuming that he gets treated for his football injuries via the team's medical staff.  Certainly they know what administrative procedures are required, in order to keep players compliant with NFL policy.  So, the team, by proxy of the medical staff, is responsible for this?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm assuming that he gets treated for his football injuries via the team's medical staff.  Certainly they know what administrative procedures are required, in order to keep players compliant with NFL policy.  So, the team, by proxy of the medical staff, is responsible for this?

Not necessarily, guys go to their own doctors all the time. If it was through the team they would have filed the exemption as they have probably done for plenty of other players. I am leaning towards he went to his own doctor who didn't know the procedures, or he took something he shouldn't have.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not necessarily, guys go to their own doctors all the time. If it was through the team they would have filed the exemption as they have probably done for plenty of other players. I am leaning towards he went to his own doctor who didn't know the procedures, or he took something he shouldn't have.

I guess we'll have to wait for the Hobson notes about the situation.  He should be penning up his exoneration letter for the team, as we speak..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote