Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The preston Brown signing making more sense now....VB looking at suspension
(03-17-2018, 09:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No, Brown was picked up to play MIKE beside Burfict at WILL. That gives us the league leading tackler at MIKE and the best WILL Linebacker in the league, and both can play all 3 downs. It's a perfect pickup and nothing to do with getting rid of Burfict.

So you too think the "attempted trade to Oakland" was just coincidental bs?
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 09:38 AM)Takedown Wrote: So you too think the "attempted trade to Oakland" was just coincidental bs?

I don't believe that there ever was an "attempted trade".  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 09:41 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't believe that there ever was an "attempted trade".  

My whole point is that this is wildly coincidental timing.

Reply/Quote
I don't believe there was ever an attempted trade either. If anything, Guenther may have called and tried to get him, but I don't think the Bengals ever had any interest in trading him. I'm not sure why it is wildly coincidental when everyone knows we are in need of a MIKE to play beside him....
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 09:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't believe there was ever an attempted trade either. If anything, Guenther may have called and tried to get him, but I don't think the Bengals ever had any interest in trading him. I'm not sure why it is wildly coincidental when everyone knows we are in need of a MIKE to play beside him....

What is coincidental to at least me is that we APPARENTLY were in talks to trade Tez to Oakland who did need a LB (they signed Whitehead right after the "failed trade for Tez") and two days later we find out that he's being suspended for PED use. It's not so much that we signed Brown, it just looks like we were just trying to get rid of 'damaged goods' before word got out.

I'm not saying anything out of certainty, but I'm not just going to brush off the odd timing either and yes it could have just been Paul G. inquiring about Tez. I hope that's all it was.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 09:42 AM)Takedown Wrote: My whole point is that this is wildly coincidental timing.

This looks like more than it really is, because Vontaze has a lengthy history of disciplinary actions.  Truthfully, this looks like an honest mistake on someone's part, perhaps Votaze himself, or maybe the medical staff that was treating him.  Heck, for all we know, the proper paperwork may have been filed, or at least Vontaze might have thought so. 

We really don't know how this thing is going to turn out, yet.  I'm going to go ahead and speculate that when all this is sorted out, the end result will not be a 4 game suspension.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 09:50 AM)Takedown Wrote: What is coincidental to at least me is that we APPARENTLY were in talks to trade Tez to Oakland who did need a LB (they signed Whitehead right after the "failed trade for Tez") and two days later we find out that he's being suspended for PED use. It's not so much that we signed Brown, it just looks like we were just trying to get rid of 'damaged goods' before word got out.

I'm not saying anything out of certainty, but I'm not just going to brush off the odd timing either and yes it could have just been Paul G. inquiring about Tez. I hope that's all it was.

I just don't buy it, we need linebackers. We don't fix that by getting rid of our best one. I fully believe the plan was to pick up Brown at MIKE (and timing is because it's free agency) , keep Burfict at WILL, and draft a SAM to compete with Vigil and Evans for the starting spot.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 09:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This looks like more than it really is, because Vontaze has a lengthy history of disciplinary actions.  Truthfully, this looks like an honest mistake on someone's part, perhaps Votaze himself, or maybe the medical staff that was treating him.  Heck, for all we know, the proper paperwork may have been filed, or at least Vontaze might have thought so. 

We really don't know how this thing is going to turn out, yet.  I'm going to go ahead and speculate that when all this is sorted out, the end result will not be a 4 game suspension.

Hope you're right.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 05:59 PM)Takedown Wrote: So I’m pretty caught up in all of this, but can someone please answer whether they think we will actually cut/Trade Burfict? I feel like if he is suspended they would still pursue a trade or just cut him..? I want to believe the Brown signing was to add another starter along side Tez, but is Brown Tez’s replacement...?

I doubt it. You don't sign a replacement to a 1-year deal. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 10:16 AM)Takedown Wrote: Hope you're right.

Me too.  It's tough seeing one of my favorite players always getting criticism and scrutiny over what would just be considered "hard football", if he played for another team.

We ought to start a #freevontazburfict movement.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 10:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Me too.  It's tough seeing one of my favorite players always getting criticism and scrutiny over what would just be considered "hard football", if he played for another team.

We ought to start a #freevontazburfict movement.

Or a billboard saying "#FreeBurfict".

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 09:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No, Brown was picked up to play MIKE beside Burfict at WILL. That gives us the league leading tackler at MIKE and the best WILL Linebacker in the league, and both can play all 3 downs. It's a perfect pickup and nothing to do with getting rid of Burfict.

All true, if anything there was just an inquirement by Paulie G.

No way we were ever going to trade him.

With the problems he has had no one would give us enough and it wouldn't be worth it for the other team
cause he might be out of the league at anytime. We will just stick with him until the inevitable happens.

As we should. The only teams where Burfict could actually be traded to and maybe survive is Pitt or NE.

Not the Raiders.
Reply/Quote