Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The preston Brown signing making more sense now....VB looking at suspension
(03-16-2018, 04:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not necessarily, guys go to their own doctors all the time. If it was through the team they would have filed the exemption as they have probably done for plenty of other players. I am leaning towards he went to his own doctor who didn't know the procedures, or he took something he shouldn't have.

Since none of us are privy to his medical history and what was or wasn't prescribed nor who may or may not have prescribed it I'm not about to play judge, jury and executioner based on what some sports writer may or may not have written or tweeted.  
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:39 PM)grampahol Wrote: Since none of us are privy to his medical history and what was or wasn't prescribed nor who may or may not have prescribed it I'm not about to play judge, jury and executioner based on what some sports writer may or may not have written or tweeted.  

We are privy to the correct procedures for taking substances banned by the NFL. It appears they weren't followed here so we can make some assumptions based on this. I have been rather nice in giving him the benefit of the doubt, but the CBA spells out a lot less pretty picture in regards to it being the responsibility of the player and no one else to make sure this is followed correctly.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: We are privy to the correct procedures for taking substances banned by the NFL. It appears they weren't followed here so we can make some assumptions based on this. I have been rather nice in giving him the benefit of the doubt, but the CBA spells out a lot less pretty picture in regards to it being the responsibility of the player and no one else to make sure this is followed correctly.

Exactly. I am not and have not said that Burfict was intentionally using PEDs or trying to cheat in any way. I am not saying he intended to take something he wasn't supposed to. I'm simply saying the rules were broken which could simply mean he didn't file the proper paperwork with the League.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Enough is enough.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not necessarily, guys go to their own doctors all the time. If it was through the team they would have filed the exemption as they have probably done for plenty of other players. I am leaning towards he went to his own doctor who didn't know the procedures, or he took something he shouldn't have.

^this^  Plus I wonder just how much one can trust their own mental clarity after having their bell rung as many times as Burfict. He can't be the most 'clear-headed' injured player in such a scenario.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Preston Brown signing had nothing to do with this suspension. everyone here was saying we needed a LB before Burfict was suspended.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Preston Brown signing had nothing to do with this suspension.  everyone here was saying we needed a LB before Burfict was suspended.

I agree with the last part, and as I said in the Preston Brown thread, I'm really pleased with the signing.  However, with only Vigil, Rey, and Evans as LB on the team, and the Bengals knowing of the pending suspension, it makes perfect sense that they inked him as a pre-emptive measure to weather the first four games AND have a nice tandem when Burfict returns.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 05:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree with the last part, and as I said in the Preston Brown thread, I'm really pleased with the signing.  However, with only Vigil, Rey, and Evans as LB on the team, and the Bengals knowing of the pending suspension, it makes perfect sense that they inked him as a pre-emptive measure to weather the first four games AND have a nice tandem when Burfict returns.

This. I still would like to see us draft one in either the first three rounds. So much talent. I'd be upset if we passed it up.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 05:48 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: This. I still would like to see us draft one in either the first three rounds. So much talent. I'd be upset if we passed it up.

As would I.

Reply/Quote
1st 3 rounds sounds about right.
Reply/Quote
So I’m pretty caught up in all of this, but can someone please answer whether they think we will actually cut/Trade Burfict? I feel like if he is suspended they would still pursue a trade or just cut him..? I want to believe the Brown signing was to add another starter along side Tez, but is Brown Tez’s replacement...?
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 05:59 PM)Takedown Wrote: So I’m pretty caught up in all of this, but can someone please answer whether they think we will actually cut/Trade Burfict? I feel like if he is suspended they would still pursue a trade or just cut him..? I want to believe the Brown signing was to add another starter along side Tez, but is Brown Tez’s replacement...?

I don't think they cut him, for sure.  They *might* seek a trade, but the home website says that is not gonna happen either.  My opinion is that Brown was brought in to upgrade the LB corps, AND kinda fill in for Burfict if he loses his appeal.

Reply/Quote

via GIPHY

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 06:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't think they cut him, for sure.  They *might* seek a trade, but the home website says that is not gonna happen either.  My opinion is that Brown was brought in to upgrade the LB corps, AND kinda fill in for Burfict if he loses his appeal.

We will not cut him and we will not trade for him. If we won't trade AJM for fourteen houses, we won't trade Burfict. I guarantee we would seek far too much compensation for Burfict. Nobody would want that.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 06:01 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I don't think they cut him, for sure.  They *might* seek a trade, but the home website says that is not gonna happen either.  My opinion is that Brown was brought in to upgrade the LB corps, AND kinda fill in for Burfict if he loses his appeal.
Thanks man that makes me feel better... Tez and Brown sound awesome together plus another LB would be amazing via the draft. Maybe Smith out of Georgia?
(03-16-2018, 06:02 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: We will not cut him and we will not trade for him. If we won't trade AJM for fourteen houses, we won't trade Burfict. I guarantee we would seek far too much compensation for Burfict. Nobody would want that.
Thanks man, but the only motive I would see for the Bengals would be that they get out of his contract. Idk if they could give Burfict away for a 7th right now with his contract. Teams would wait till release if anything I would think then sign him on the cheap. Ideally I would think the Cowboys lol
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 06:12 PM)Takedown Wrote: Thanks man that makes me feel better... Tez and Brown sound awesome together plus another LB would be amazing via the draft. Maybe Smith out of Georgia?
Thanks man, but the only motive I would see for the Bengals would be that they get out of his contract. Idk if they could give Burfict away for a 7th right now with his contract. Teams would wait till release if anything I would think then sign him on the cheap. Ideally I would think the Cowboys lol

Cowboys do love those 'questionable' characters lol

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 06:12 PM)Takedown Wrote: Thanks man that makes me feel better... Tez and Brown sound awesome together plus another LB would be amazing via the draft. Maybe Smith out of Georgia?

Yup.....it's just an opinion....but it makes sense.  I'd LOVE to snag Roquan Smith!

Reply/Quote
Roquan might actually even fall to 21 after his injury. Talked about this in my Stopping the run thread.

If he can play SAM i would definately take him and grab either Price or Ragnow at 46. Centers drop to the 2nd all the time and
Price has an injured pectoral. This would be an ideal start to the Draft IMHO.
Reply/Quote
Talk about a love hate relationship... Geez Louise it's always gotta be some dumb shit going on in the Queen.

No, not the Netflix series. That naughty minx! She's shagariffic baby, yeah! Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 05:59 PM)Takedown Wrote: So I’m pretty caught up in all of this, but can someone please answer whether they think we will actually cut/Trade Burfict? I feel like if he is suspended they would still pursue a trade or just cut him..? I want to believe the Brown signing was to add another starter along side Tez, but is Brown Tez’s replacement...?

No, Brown was picked up to play MIKE beside Burfict at WILL. That gives us the league leading tackler at MIKE and the best WILL Linebacker in the league, and both can play all 3 downs. It's a perfect pickup and nothing to do with getting rid of Burfict.
Reply/Quote