Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The punt...
I was watching the game and when Huber shanked that punt I was like...."Was that on purpose?" That basically gave the game to Miami at that point and gave me a bit of relief... I mean, honestly, a punt is the easiest play to "cover up" as not being an obvious on purpose play to dump. Huber was bombing 55-65 yard punts all day and at this one moment he shanks a 30 yarder? Was just my reaction when it happened.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 10:52 AM)spazz70 Wrote: I was watching the game and when Huber shanked that punt I was like...."Was that on purpose?" That basically gave the game to Miami at that point and gave me a bit of relief... I mean, honestly, a punt is the easiest play to "cover up" as not being an obvious on purpose play to dump. Huber was bombing 55-65 yard punts all day and at this one moment he shanks a 30 yarder? Was just my reaction when it happened.

If they were going to throw the game wouldn’t it have been easier to not score 16 points in the last 28 seconds? It appears to me that they were trying to win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
the Punt was a bad punt pretty simple....
Reply/Quote
Typical Bengal move - some player always chokes under pressure - bad punt or a fumble or something.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
As much as I thought they were tanking most of the season the players themselves stand little if anything to gain by playing terrible especially in a contract season.  While management may want them to tank individual players stand nothing to gain from it unless they're established stars who can easily sign elsewhere or otherwise have no reason to believe their jobs are on the line.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 04:35 PM)grampahol Wrote: As much as I thought they were tanking most of the season the players themselves stand little if anything to gain by playing terrible especially in a contract season.  While management may want them to tank individual players stand nothing to gain from it unless they're established stars who can easily sign elsewhere or otherwise have no reason to believe their jobs are on the line.  

Players don't tank. Tanking is systemic. It comes from up above. If you're not trying on a football field, you're gonna get blown up, and maimed. Dumping all of your good players, and not putting your best players out there (let's see what we have in Finley was close though) is tanking. A shitty punt is not tanking.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Would have been easier to not score 16 in the last 30 seconds
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 12:49 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: Would have been easier to not score 16 in the last 30 seconds

The fact that they basically average 16 points a game makes it really funny...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Inferior teams always find a way to lose. That's the way they differentiate themselves.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 12:49 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: Would have been easier to not score 16 in the last 30 seconds

but not nearly as entertaining.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Andy was playing for his life, and Huber was playing for Burrow.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I'm going to go ahead and blame it on lousy Sunday morning coffee for Huber.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote