Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The question of ironing jeans
My wife maintains that only gay men iron or press their jeans.. I can't tell you how this conversation came about except my 90 year old dad wanted to iron his jeans and she told him only gay men iron their jeans (just to keep the old coot from burning himself I guess...and to keep one of  us from having to  immediately rush to a store to purchase a brand new iron..)  
So which is it? Do heterosexual men sometimes iron jeans or is it strictly prohibited and will condemn any male to being gay if they even consider ironing jeans? 
For the record I did once iron a very wrinkled pair of jeans back in the 70s, but I'm not gay, just grey. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
First, tell your father that it is okay to be gay.

Second, some straight men iron their jeans.

Third, I only iron my jeans when I am going to watch Rafael Nadal play.

[Image: rafael-nadal-pics-gallery-pic-4.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Doesn't bother me who is or isn't gay.. My dad is a homophobe at 90. It's kind of weird though. Lately he's been changing clothes every few hours like a teenage girl. I think that was the reasoning behind the ironing actually.. Who knows? Dads memory is gone..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
-walks in thread......turns around and gently shuts the door on the way out-
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 12:08 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: -walks in thread......turns around and gently shuts the door on the way out-

Hilarious  Exactly what I did!! 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 05:33 PM)grampahol Wrote: My wife maintains that only gay men iron or press their jeans.. I can't tell you how this conversation came about except my 90 year old dad wanted to iron his jeans and she told him only gay men iron their jeans (just to keep the old coot from burning himself I guess...and to keep one of  us from having to  immediately rush to a store to purchase a brand new iron..)  
So which is it? Do heterosexual men sometimes iron jeans or is it strictly prohibited and will condemn any male to being gay if they even consider ironing jeans? 
For the record I did once iron a very wrinkled pair of jeans back in the 70s, but I'm not gay, just grey. 

Some gay men do in fact iron their jeans, and yes, some straight men do the the same. I would have to think that most people don't actually pay that much attention either way, but I may be wrong in that conclusion.

I am a gay man, but do not iron my jeans. In fact, I don't iron any of my clothing. It's not so much that I don't like the ironed look as much as it is that I'm simply too lazy to invest the time required to achieve that look. LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 01:27 AM)grampahol Wrote: Lately he's been changing clothes every few hours like a teenage girl. 

Incontinence.
Reply/Quote
I recently went to Express to purchase new jeans since I lost a bunch of weight, and the lady told me "your jeans are supposed to touch your skin". Says who? Why would I want to be uncomfortable? I now own a pair of slim jeans (one level up from skinny) and I can't breathe when I sit down.

She insinuated that's normal. Not saying anything about gay men, but maybe for women that's normal. She said you have to sacrifice for the look, I said no, I don't, lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 07:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I recently went to Express to purchase new jeans since I lost a bunch of weight, and the lady told me "your jeans are supposed to touch your skin". Says who? Why would I want to be uncomfortable? I now own a pair of slim jeans (one level up from skinny) and I can't breathe when I sit down.

She insinuated that's normal. Not saying anything about gay men, but maybe for women that's normal. She said you have to sacrifice for the look, I said no, I don't, lol.

I must concur; there is no comfort to be found in tight-fitting jeans.
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter if you are heterosexual, homosexual, asexual, bisexual, trisexual, quadrisexual, pansexual, transexual, omnisexual or that thing where the chick ties the belt around your neck and tinkles on a ballon, ironing jeans is just wrong.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 03:51 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I must concur; there is no comfort to be found in tight-fitting jeans.

Amen. Give me a pair of relaxed fit any day.  I'll wear my dad jeans with pride, thank you very much.

(05-01-2019, 09:06 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: It doesn't matter if you are heterosexual, homosexual, asexual, bisexual, trisexual, quadrisexual, pansexual, transexual, omnisexual or that thing where the chick ties the belt around your neck and tinkles on a ballon, ironing jeans is just wrong.

And, well, this.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Just make sure old dude doesn't iron them when he's wearing them and he'll be fine. I iron my jeans depending on the occasion. But never, ever, ever, ever put a crease in them
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 07:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I recently went to Express to purchase new jeans since I lost a bunch of weight, and the lady told me "your jeans are supposed to touch your skin". Says who? Why would I want to be uncomfortable? I now own a pair of slim jeans (one level up from skinny) and I can't breathe when I sit down.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4212772]
Reply/Quote