Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The real reason we are not playing tomorrow
(01-24-2016, 02:05 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Whatever.

The real reasons...

• McCarron fumbled the first round bye away against Denver
  • Hill fumbled the wild card game away against Pitt
  • Burfict and Jones can't control themselves

Anything else is just hot air. We had our chances without Andy and we still blew it.

Bullet points. I approve. You're hired.
Reply/Quote
J. Hill is da reason
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 01:04 AM)Utts Wrote: It's ironic that I'm writing this, given how critical of Andy I've been over the years. However, I believe that if Andy doesn't make that boneheaded interception against the Steelers, we'd most likely be in the AFC Championship game. As close as we played teams with AJ at QB, I can't help thinking that we would have one at least 1-2 more games down the stretch - guaranteeing us either the 1 or 2 seed.

Losing Andy is why this season went in the toilet (not the last 2-minutes of the Wildcard game). One seriously stupid play and ensuing tackle, and there goes the season. Winning a Super Bowl is about 75% talent and 25% luck (good bounces, calls going your way, avoiding key injuries).
Actually you're putting way too much fault on dalton, horrible fake blocked by Gino created the  and actually was an outstanding play by the lineman. I am glad that you finally realized how I am glad that you finally realized how important dalton is for this team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 06:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually you're putting way too much fault on dalton, horrible fake blocked by Gino created the  and actually was an outstanding play by the lineman. I am glad that you finally realized how I am glad that you finally realized how important dalton is for this team.
Are you drunk? Wasted
Reply/Quote
Already did the uniform change thing.

Time to do the team nickname change thing.

Cincinnati Ifs.

Has a nice ring, no?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 07:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Already did the uniform change thing.

Time to do the team nickname change thing.

Cincinnati Ifs.

Has a nice ring, no?
Or maybe Cincinnati Ifonlys Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 03:36 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: While Andy was having a great season, the terrible throw that led to his injury was yet another head-scratching moment in Daltons career. Even if Dalton plays the rest of the game, I don't know that they beat the Steelers that day.

Hypothetically speaking, if Dalton does play the rest of the season and into the playoffs, does he win? I guess we will never know. I see the Bengals taking a step back next season and Dalton will have to take yet another step forward for this team to be in the same position next year.

Sorry but the head-scratching moment in that play is Gio not doing what he is supposed to do, if he does his part proper, we are on our way to a TD and a tie game plus having Dalton
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 07:45 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Are you drunk? Wasted

well here is the play again.. look at Gio ( Marvin even stated Gio did not sell the play) so nope im not drunk, are you blind  Hilarious

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000599751/Bengals-Andy-Dalton-out-for-the-game-with-a-thumb-injury
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 12:36 PM)BengalRed Wrote: The real reason we are not playing today is because of two knuckleheads. Burfict and Jones.

You can add Hill to the knucklehead list.  Go down and don't fight for yards Dude!  Hang on to the ball.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
8-20 vs. Pittsburgh
8-20 in prime time
0 - 7 in playoffs

Those may not be EXACTLY right but they are close enough to get the point across. I also point a finger upstairs at Mike Brown for not being able to give up good in order to get great. A quote I have heard Lewis use more than once BTW.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:14 AM)Since82 Wrote: 8-20 vs. Pittsburgh
8-20 in prime time
0 - 7 in playoffs

Those may not be EXACTLY right but they are close enough to get the point across. I also point a finger upstairs at Mike Brown for not being able to give up good in order to get great. A quote I have heard Lewis use more than once BTW.

If your numbers are right, that's a downright pathetic .265 winning percentage.  No other way to cut it, just plain pathetic.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 02:00 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: Yep IF Hill didn't fumble they wouldn't have gotten the chance to lose the game on penalties. But Hill did fumble and they cost us the game on penalties. 

IF it wasn't raining...
IF it wasn't AJ
IF IF IF

Who cares? We all watched it, just get over it. No post will change the outcome now.

No post complaining about complaining is going to stop said complaints from being posted in a forum that exists specifically for such discussion. Js
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 01:04 AM)Utts Wrote: It's ironic that I'm writing this, given how critical of Andy I've been over the years. However, I believe that if Andy doesn't make that boneheaded interception against the Steelers, we'd most likely be in the AFC Championship game. As close as we played teams with AJ at QB, I can't help thinking that we would have one at least 1-2 more games down the stretch - guaranteeing us either the 1 or 2 seed.

Losing Andy is why this season went in the toilet (not the last 2-minutes of the Wildcard game). One seriously stupid play and ensuing tackle, and there goes the season. Winning a Super Bowl is about 75% talent and 25% luck (good bounces, calls going your way, avoiding key injuries).

its fairly obvious...

Zebras they hold grudges

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill. The only reason. He needs a monster year next season to make amends.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 10:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry but the head-scratching moment in that play is Gio not doing what he is supposed to do, if he does his part proper, we are on our way to a TD and a tie game plus having Dalton

yep gotta block before you release for a screen
Reply/Quote

Big of you to admit.

I will offer if a certain team in their division hadn't injured Andre Smith with a deliberate head shot they would have beat the Texans and taken the #1 seed.  Ditto that a certain head shot (at least this one got a flag) against Eifert would have allowed the Bengals to beat one of the two losses they incurred while he was out.  We wouldn't know what the loss of Gio would do since they lost the first round of the playoffs.  

Bottom line?  Every team has injuries....but one team seems to target certain key players and those losses equal, well...losses.  
Reply/Quote

Utts, your criticism of Dalton in 2014 was not unwarranted. He didn't play that well for about half a season and never really made a connection with the backup WRs, even though they've all been on the team for awhile.

Overall, when you look at the last 5 years, the only reason this team hasn't won a playoff game is because it didn't get the job done, not that it wasn't capable. Whether it be the coaches or the players, it came down to being unprepared, over-confident and mistake filled football. It was never one player, but multiple players.

Each one of those games was winnable.

You take anyone one of those games and there will be multiple bad plays, that when combined, led to a loss.

Composure, composure, composure or losses there of.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 11:18 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Utts, your criticism of Dalton in 2014 was not unwarranted. He didn't play that well for about half a season and never really made a connection with the backup WRs, even though they've all been on the team for awhile.

Overall, when you look at the last 5 years, the only reason this team hasn't won a playoff game is because it didn't get the job done, not that it wasn't capable. Whether it be the coaches or the players, it came down to being unprepared, over-confident and mistake filled football. It was never one player, but multiple players.

Each one of those games was winnable.

You take anyone one of those games and there will be multiple bad plays, that when combined, led to a loss.

Composure, composure, composure or losses there of.

Yep the Playoff losses are on everyone, from the top down.
Reply/Quote

(01-24-2016, 06:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually you're putting way too much fault on dalton, horrible fake blocked by Gino created the  and actually was an outstanding play by the lineman. I am glad that you finally realized how I am glad that you finally realized how important dalton is for this team.

I put the blame on Hue for both of these posts because calling a screen inside the 5 might have been the stupidest play call in the NFL in years.

You call a screen to get the defensive linemen running upfield after the quarterback, which they'd be less-inclined to do that near the endzone, and then throw the ball to the back in space, which there wouldn't be much space inside the 5 anyways.

This one's on Hue.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 03:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I put the blame on Hue for both of these posts because calling a screen inside the 5 might have been the stupidest play call in the NFL in years.

You call a screen to get the defensive linemen running upfield after the quarterback, which they'd be less-inclined to do that near the endzone, and then throw the ball to the back in space, which there wouldn't be much space inside the 5 anyways.

This one's on Hue.

Every time I think you can't type something any more ridiculous than your previous post you go and prove me wrong! Bravo!
Reply/Quote