Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The reds still have a chance
Only if they fire Bell now
Reply/Quote
Although I wouldn't be upset, at all, if they fired Bell right now. I'm not sure they have a chance without several players having a drastic turn around, and fast !

I'm not sure Suarez could hit a beach ball with a boat oar ? He's tied for 2nd place in the majors for strike outs and sports a .148 BA. Castillo would get rocked by a little league team. Gray is struggling, Garrett is up and down more that an ocean liner. Senzel can't stay on the field. Moustakas isn't far above hot garbage at the plate more often than not. Who knows what Votto will do upon his return ?

And besides I believe the real problem is even higher.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The problem is beyond Bell. All managers make questionable decisions, especially if the team is performing less effectively. Fans faint heartedly consider when managers make decisions that lead to victories.

Reds tend to hit average pitching, get blanked when facing good pitching. BP wildly inconsistent. Castillo is broken.
Senzel seems to spend a lot of time in the green tent. Suarez looks like he has given up.

I think Reds should sell some of the players by July and keep a young core.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Reds are only 4.0 away from the division lead.
Only 6 teams in the NL have a winning record.

These are big ifs, but IF Castillo and Gray can get back to form along with some more consistency in the bullpen, this team can compete.
If they're still under .500 come Aug 1, I'll be more worried.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote