Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you Complain?
Using fanspeak, (no trades)

I have noticed recently that Marshon Lattimore has been available with the 9th pick. So I ran with a mock:

1. CB Marshon Lattimore, Ohio State (doesn't fill a need, but dam, hard to pass on a guy that can be a Shut down corner in the pass happy NFL).

2. G Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky (just missed on Mixon, damn you Carolina). Don't know how he fell, but only way he would've made it past me is if Mixon had been available. Can't complain here, we needed a Guard and we got the best one in this year's draft.

3. C Pat Elflein, Ohio State. Bengals probably wouldn't pick him, but I certainly would pick the best Center in the draft at this point.

4a. Edge Demarcus Walker, Florida State. Correct me if I am wrong, but this guy is second only Myles Garrett in Sacks and first in QB/Backfield disruptions. Hard to believe he fell this far, but unfortunately for him, it's a deep DE Draft.

4b. TE George Kittle, Iowa. Great Blocker and can catch. He's not flashy, but gets the job done.

5a. DL Charles Walker, Oklahoma. Great Run Stuffer, needs to keep working on getting pushing the pocket. Should've stayed 1 more year and improved on pass rush.

5b. S Jadar Johnson, Clemson. In a class as deep as this one for CB/S, we get a late round nice hard hitting, bowl hawking FS who is experienced.

6a. WR Robert Davis, Georgia State. Needs to learn to consistently follow though with his routes especially when the ball is not coming to him and clean up his route running. Could develop into a very nice long strider.

6b. LB Jordan Evans, Oklahoma. Evans is pretty good against the pass, experience with all 3 LB positions. He falls this far because he was an Invite Snub. He should get drafted by someone.

7a. RB Elijah Hood, North Carolina. Basically a Burkhead replacement.

7b. OT Storm Norton, Toledo. Has the potential and tools to make it in the NFL, needs to be coached up.

With all of that, how would you feel if the Bengals drafted Lattimore in the first?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I will always complain.
Reply/Quote
About Lattimore? Yes. We need to find out what we have in Denard and Jackson.

About Lamp? As the great brick tamlin once said, "I love lamp". Don't know how he gets here, but I would be extremely happy.

[Image: ce95bef30f0fe1b77135991cac5dfb3c402688c5...1ca9c2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 05:48 PM)bengalsdude Wrote: About Lattimore? Yes. We need to find out what we have in Denard and Jackson.

About Lamp? As the great brick tamlin once said, "I love lamp". Don't know how he gets here, but I would be extremely happy.

[Image: ce95bef30f0fe1b77135991cac5dfb3c402688c5...1ca9c2.jpg]

Yes, it was a tough decision with Lattimore.
Options were Foster, Taco, Davis or Howard. While I'm a big fan of Offense, it's hard to pass up the best corner to come out in a while and that is very good in man to man coverage.
Fournette was drafted as well so I couldn't go with him.

And I know about Denard and Jackson waiting in the wings, that's why I asked if anyone would have a problem taking him in the first if he's is clearly the BPA. I think Jackson, Lattimore and Adam/Kirkpatrick would be a formidable trio. Denard is still below average at this point and we might not pick up his 5th year option.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 06:19 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yes, it was a tough decision with Lattimore.
Options were Foster, Taco, Davis or Howard. While I'm a big fan of Offense, it's hard to pass up the best corner to come out in a while and that is very good in man to man coverage.
Fournette was drafted as well so I couldn't go with him.

And I know about Denard and Jackson waiting in the wings, that's why I asked if anyone would have a problem taking him in the first if he's is clearly the BPA. I think Jackson, Lattimore and Adam/Kirkpatrick would be a formidable trio. Denard is still below average at this point and we might not pick up his 5th year option.

Agree on Lattimore talent completely and understand why you posed the question. I feel like in the scenario you proposed Davis or Howard make our team better without having to be pro bowl caliber. Lattimore has to be a home run to be a big upgrade over our current secondary
Reply/Quote
I'd be alright with all of that...well maybe we could find a place in the late rounds to draft a Kicker, but otherwise this looks very solid. I really don't think you can have too many good CBs and I'd like Adam Jones to be cut the next time he does something stupid.

Reply/Quote
Like it. As long as it's not Taco in the first I'm good and like Boomer said, the sooner we could cut packman the better.
Reply/Quote
I like this draft. It isn't sexy, but it potentially fixes our offensive line, and helps insure our secondary against the admissions that Dennard is a bust and Jones is an aging psychopath.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote