Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The return of Carlos Dunlap
Coming into the Oakland game two weeks ago Carlos Dunlap had 2 sacks in his previous 15 games. Now he has 4.5 in his last 3.

Any explanations?
Reply/Quote
They seem to be mixing up the blitzes. I saw Hubbard at MLB and OLB rushing. I know atleast 1 of the Dunlap sacks happened in this scenario.

The line seemed to control their offensive line in this game.
Reply/Quote
Improved LB play forcing QBs to hold onto the ball more often.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I do think that Dennard's return helps. W Jackson looks better too.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I do think that Dennard's return helps. W Jackson looks better too.

They should seriously consider resigning Dennard next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:12 PM)J24 Wrote: They should seriously consider resigning Dennard next season.

Indeed.

With his injury history, odds are good that no other team will overpay him...so he's likely back. <-- That's my guess.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:08 PM)J24 Wrote: Improved LB play forcing QBs to hold onto the ball more often.

Yep.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 09:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Coming into the Oakland game two weeks ago Carlos Dunlap had 2 sacks in his previous 15 games.  Now he has 4.5 in his last 3.

Any explanations?

Playing against injured guys/backups?  No clue.  Maybe finally in shape?  I personally would let him go if you get anything higher than a middle third rounder and spend that money on a FA LB or two.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We've played the 16th, 28th, and 31st ranked O's over the last 3 weeks.
Reply/Quote
Feasted on bad o-lines and different looks blitz wise.
Reply/Quote
Defensive line is finally getting healthy. Remember for a stretch of games the only true DE active was Sam Hubbard. They were using Andrew Brown on the other side but hes a DT/DE tweeter.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Oh maybe he wants to return next year and make 13.5 mil instead of having his money cut or even losing his job.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 10:21 AM)Synric Wrote: Defensive line is finally getting healthy. Remember for a stretch of games the only true DE active was Sam Hubbard. They were using Andrew Brown on the other side but hes a DT/DE tweeter.

This, this is the answer. Seg Dennison interviewed Lou in the pregame show, and he noted that they have been able to rotate more the last few weeks, which has kept guys fresh throughout the game. He noted the effort had been there, but guys were getting gassed, playing way too many snaps.

Pratt's improvement has helped, as has the return of Dennard. Quez is a sure tackler.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 09:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Coming into the Oakland game two weeks ago Carlos Dunlap had 2 sacks in his previous 15 games.  Now he has 4.5 in his last 3.

Any explanations?

whatever they are trying to do, it seemed to work. Good to see him back getting to the QB! BUT, I do think NY Jets didn't watch any film of how to exploit the middle of our D.

Reply/Quote
They just got fed up of losing. They've reach that point.

Hopefully that freezing Gatorade shower inspires him to be a better Head Coach.
Reply/Quote
Only been able to see the first and start of the 2nd quarter of the Jets game so far but it sure looked like
the rotation was helping out Dunlap, Hubbard and the rest of the guys. Also liked what I saw from Pratt for
the most part which is refreshing in such a rough season. Happy to see us get a win and a convincing one.

Also great to see Dalton pass Anderson on the all time passing record and Zac finally getting a win.

Team just looked completely different with Dalton back.

Hubbard was a stud in this game once again. Dropping into coverage was very impressive and he got a
nice sack early where he just pushed the Guard straight back and grabbed Darnold's ankles.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote