Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The return of Geno Atkins
All the talk is around Dalton and Eifert (for good reason), but it was great to see Geno register a sack in the very first game. I have a feeling he's going to have a big season, and this defense is going to start looking like it's old self. ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Just wait until we get Burfict back. The Bengals are going to be a very good team this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He was double teamed nearly EVERY snap he was on the field.

He looked great, great pursuit and great hustle.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The dude is a difference maker. Most certainly the Bengals' best player (when healthy). You could see the massive difference on the d-line from games last year to this game. That's because Atkins is back and healthy.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Glad to see him back. He was getting double teamed that entire game basically.

If the defensive line can finish those pressures, they're going to be special again.
Reply/Quote
I was watching Geno very closely and he was very disruptive the entire game even with the double teams.

He's a true difference maker and it's great to see. He makes the whole defense 10% better !

ThumbsUp  GENO'S BACK ThumbsUp

Who Dey baby
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I was watching Geno very closely and he was very disruptive the entire game even with the double teams.

He's a true difference maker and it's great to see. He makes the whole defense 10% better !

ThumbsUp  GENO'S BACK ThumbsUp

Who Dey baby

I kinda was watching Michael Johnson a little and besides that recovery play , he looked slow. I thought they should of sat him. He just didn't look explosive like normal.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:01 AM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: I kinda was watching Michael Johnson a little and besides that recovery play , he looked slow. I thought they should of sat him. He just didn't look explosive like normal.

Very slow. He actually looked a bit heavy, out of football shape and favored the leg. I think I would have preferred sitting him. Regardless, good seeing him in stripes!
Reply/Quote
Geno was consistently getting push, and lived in the back field. It looked just like the Geno of old.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: All the talk is around Dalton and Eifert (for good reason), but it was great to see Geno register a sack in the very first game. I have a feeling he's going to have a big season, and this defense is going to start looking like it's old self. ThumbsUp

Definitely looked like the Geno of old.

Sometimes, the ball would be snapped and Geno would be in the backfield so quick that I was wondering "was there a missed assignment, did the lineman not even want to try to block him and just stepped aside, or is Geno really that good?"

Our defense will be flat-out NASTY with Atkins dominating like that.
Reply/Quote
Geno played very well! The announcers were horrible saying Geno wasn't much of a factor even after his sack! I know he is a "Bangle" but give him some credit for disrupting the pocket on nearly every play while getting double teamed and getting a sack!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: All the talk is around Dalton and Eifert (for good reason), but it was great to see Geno register a sack in the very first game. I have a feeling he's going to have a big season, and this defense is going to start looking like it's old self. ThumbsUp

I wanted to take a picture of the screen where Dunlap, MJ, and Atkins all converged on their QB.  That was the play where Atkins got there first and popped out the ball.  But it just looked so damn cool to see ALL THREE of those guys burning through the line and blowing him up.  It must have been like looking down a triple-barreled shotgun.

I think everyone expected the defense to look good.  I don't know if everyone realized what this offense could be with a healthy MLJ, Eifert, Green, Sanu, Burkhead, Hill, and Gio all together.  The offensive line was downright outstanding.  Even the beleaguered Bodine held up well.  I can't wait to see Truck's numbers and analysis.  I honestly think I look forward to that as much as my coffee in the morning (and I looooove coffee).

Will someone create a thread raving about special teams next?  They looked pretty damn good, too.  Nice to see Nugent booting the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs and Huber doing his thing as well. 

Maybe a front-office thread?  For all my pissing and moaning about not drafting a burner WR in the early rounds of the draft, I sure didn't feel like the Bengals had a lack of weapons.  Hawk looked very good, as did the other FA signings, MJ and Sims.  I loved the hit I saw from Dennard (when are we going to start using No Fly Zone?) as well, who I think will turn out to be a great draft selection because he wasn't forced in to action, but eased in and developed. 

There are just so many things I am happy about with this team right now.  I know, I know...its week 1 and it was the Raiders.  But the organization has put together a very good roster and the team has all the talent to make a run at the Super Bowl. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:52 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Just wait until we get Burfict back. The Bengals are going to be a very good team this year.

Salivating
Reply/Quote
He definitely looked like his old self. Even though he "only" had one sack, he was applying pressure the whole game. The whole defense looked great!! Heck, the whole team looked great!!! I am really pumped to see how they do this week!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Glad to hear Atkins is playing well. I'm a ball watcher and completely forgot to isolate on him. He's so key to everything. Defense was sharp all the way around I thought.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote

Geno was being doubled every snap.

He still made a few great plays including the sack and strip for a fumble recovery by MJ.

I want more pressure from our DL as a whole, but Geno looks to be back and that makes our defense very good.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I only got to see the 2nd half, and I continually saw Geno collapsing the pocket, and then I hear that idiot Simms talk about how they have held Geno in check. Then I got to hear him rave about all the different Oakland defenders, and I kept wondering if the score was backwards.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:29 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I only got to see the 2nd half, and I continually saw Geno collapsing the  pocket, and then I hear that idiot Simms talk about how they have held Geno in check.  Then I got to hear him rave about all the different Oakland defenders, and I kept wondering if the score was backwards.
Good I am not crazy he was an idiot.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I didn't get to see the game itself but I am glad to hear about how Atkins appeared to be his normal self. As MJ gets more and more playing time off his injury, he will get back to playing better football. I know Oakland isn't a great team, however, getting a win on the west coast on opening weekend no less is a great thing. Now it's time to beat another west coast team next week.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:47 AM)J24 Wrote: Good I am not crazy he was an idiot.

A complete idiot, referenced the "3 straight years in the playoffs" for the "Bangles" too.
Reply/Quote