Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "reverand" dodges Watters questions
This forum seemed a bit light on it's daily dose of Right Wing posts, so I'll fill in for the day.

Obviously, Al Sharpton has been a controversial figure in the racial politics scene for many years.  Watch in this video, as he attempts to deny his true racial bias, even though the rant was on tape from 1992.  Seems like Sharpton had a canned answer, like he's been asked this question before.  Thankfully, we can all see past his showmanship.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-23-2017, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This forum seemed a bit light on it's daily dose of Right Wing posts, so I'll fill in for the day.

Obviously, Al Sharpton has been a controversial figure in the racial politics scene for many years.  Watch in this video, as he attempts to deny his true racial bias, even though the rant was on tape from 1992.  Seems like Sharpton had a canned answer, like he's been asked this question before.  Thankfully, we can all see past his showmanship.

Maybe they should ask him about Tawana Brawley or the hook ups he got for relatives from businesses he extorted from with the threats of boycotts.

Christopher Hitchens had a great line about Sharpton, that he demonstrated how much outrageous behavior one could get away with if the have the title "Reverend" in front of their name.
Old news, who cares.
(08-23-2017, 08:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Maybe they should ask him about Tawana Brawley or the hook ups he got for relatives from businesses he extorted from with the threats of boycotts.

Christopher Hitchens had a great line about Sharpton, that he demonstrated how much outrageous behavior one could get away with if the have the title "Reverend" in front of their name.

Yeah, it's a shame that guy that could actually do so much positive work for his community, chooses to fan the flames of racial divide.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-23-2017, 09:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, it's a shame that guy that could actually do so much positive work for his community, chooses to fan the flames of racial divide.

I've found, in my 16+ years of public service, that the people who are best known for doing public works are the least interested in actually doing something of significance.  There's thousands of people who make a huge difference in the lives of normal citizens that you will never hear about.
(08-23-2017, 09:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I've found, in my 16+ years of public service, that the people who are best known for doing public works are the least interested in actually doing something of significance.  There's thousands of people who make a huge difference in the lives of normal citizens that you will never hear about.

Excellent point.  My wife is a social worker, child protective services.  She is also a Masters educated teacher.  She gave up that career, in order to do the one she currently works, because she feels like she has a greater helping impact on children's lives.  As an educator, she was limited on what she could do to actually help children from bad home environments.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-23-2017, 09:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I've found, in my 16+ years of public service, that the people who are best known for doing public works are the least interested in actually doing something of significance.  There's thousands of people who make a huge difference in the lives of normal citizens that you will never hear about.

It's one of the reasons I am moving from accounting to public policy. I want to be the guy that does the research and helps craft policy to help other people. I have no desire to be in the limelight, though. **** that noise. I also like people, but I don't like dealing directly with people. I love helping others, but would prefer my name not be mentioned.
(08-24-2017, 12:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's one of the reasons I am moving from accounting to public policy. I want to be the guy that does the research and helps craft policy to help other people. I have no desire to be in the limelight, though. **** that noise. I also like people, but I don't like dealing directly with people. I love helping others, but would prefer my name not be mentioned.

Yes, but what about when a publicity seeking jerkoff like Watters follows you around asking leading questions?

Or comes to your house?

Or follows you on vacation?  And then doesn't like getting filmed himself?

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-24-2017, 12:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes, but what about when a publicity seeking jerkoff like Watters follows you around asking leading questions?

Or comes to your house?

Or follows you on vacation?  And then doesn't like getting filmed himself?

Mellow

So?

A jerkoff because he exposes lying liberal fools? 
(08-24-2017, 01:24 PM)Vlad Wrote: So?

He's a guy who made a "name" going around shouting questions at private citizens for Bill O'Reilly.

And  jerkoff.   Smirk
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-24-2017, 12:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's one of the reasons I am moving from accounting to public policy. I want to be the guy that does the research and helps craft policy to help other people. I have no desire to be in the limelight, though. **** that noise. I also like people, but I don't like dealing directly with people. I love helping others, but would prefer my name not be mentioned.

Says the guy who brags about it on a public forum. Ninja
(08-24-2017, 01:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Says the guy who brags about it on a public forum. Ninja

With an alias of a curmudgeonly figure known for punishing children at Yuletide. Ninja
(08-24-2017, 02:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: With an alias of a curmudgeonly figure known for punishing children at Yuletide. Ninja

You're Krumpus?!  Shocked
(08-24-2017, 02:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You're Krumpus?!  Shocked

Krampus is one iteration. Belsnickel is the name for a similar figure from the Palatinate/North-Rhine Westphalia region. You'll see the tradition still alive in some German Baptist (Amish, Mennonite, Brethren) communities.
(08-24-2017, 03:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Krampus is one iteration. Belsnickel is the name for a similar figure from the Palatinate/North-Rhine Westphalia region. You'll see the tradition still alive in some German Baptist (Amish, Mennonite, Brethren) communities.

You made me Google your name. I thought you didn't want any attention. :angry:

ThumbsUp
(08-24-2017, 03:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Krampus is one iteration. Belsnickel is the name for a similar figure from the Palatinate/North-Rhine Westphalia region. You'll see the tradition still alive in some German Baptist (Amish, Mennonite, Brethren) communities.

All right children, cut me a switch and line up for your Christmas whoppin's.   Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-24-2017, 01:24 PM)Vlad Wrote: So?

Yes, watters is a jerk off. ThumbsUp