Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The ride is just beginning ....
http://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/norwegian-govt.-seizes-5-children-from-parents-for-alleged-christian-indoct

This is pretty insane. How can anyone allow the government to interfere this much.
Quote:NAUSTDAL, Norway (ChurchMilitant.com) - A Christian family in Norway has lost its appeal to have its children returned, after the government forcibly removed five children from their home. The public is reacting with outrage.

Marius Bodnariu, a Romanian, and his Norwegian wife Ruth, former members of the Pentecostal Church in Bucharest, moved to Naustdal, Norway 10 years ago, where they raised five children. As reported by Marius' brother Daniel, on November 16, Norway's child welfare services took away the Bodnarius' two oldest children, showing up at their school and removing them from class without their parents' knowledge. Police later that day arrived at the Bodnarius' home and also forcibly removed the two older boys, leaving Ruth with her three-month-old baby, who was taken away the following day by police as well.

Two days later, child welfare services notified the parents that their children were in the care of two separate foster families and were "integrating" well. One of the officials reportedy said to Ruth, "The kids don't even miss you. What kind of parents are you?" Marius and Ruth were later informed by the government that they were guilty of "Christian radicalism and indoctrination."

Apparently, the children's removal was instigated by the school principal, who complained to child welfare services that the Bodnarius were "very Christian" and their belief that God punishes sin "creates a disability in the children." Accordingly, the principal believed the parents needed "guidance" from the government in raising their family. The principal also cited concerns over discipline in the family home, as occasional corporal punishment is used. But after physical examination of the children (the three-month-old was subjected to x-rays and a CT scan), no physical abuse was discovered. Child welfare services is claiming, however, that Marius is physically abusive, while he and Ruth are vehemently denying the claims.

A hearing held November 27 dismissed the Bodnarius' appeal to be reunited with their children. The court ruled instead that they were to remain in the care of their foster parents, while Marius and Ruth could visit their three-month-old son twice a week for two hours. They could see their two older sons as well, but the court refused to grant them visitation rights for their daughters. The parents are considering further legal action.

Meanwhile, a petition begun in support of the family has collected nearly 30,000 signatures, and a Facebook page has been set up documenting the family's ordeal.

On December 2, Romanian senator Titus Corlatean spoke on the Bodnarius' behalf to the Commission for equality and nondiscrimination of the Parliamentary Assembly of the European Council (PAEC) in Paris. Corlatean condemned what he deemed abusive conduct on the part of the Norwegian government, and asked that the Assembly investigate. He also noted prior actions on the part of Norway's child welfare services that involved splitting children from their parents based on groundless accusations.

Marius' brother writes:

I testify, and vehemently vouch, for Marius and Ruth having given birth to and raised a 'normal' family with Christian values. These parents love their children and have taken every imaginable step in raising their children with loving caring in all aspects of their well-being. The tearing apart of their family by the Barnevernet [child welfare services] is a living nightmare for Marius and Ruth. Their hope is founded, and rests, in God; He can change any situation and He is always in control!

A mass protest is being urged this weekend on their behalf. Instructions for sending emails are available on the relevant Facebook page, and request as many emails as possible be sent to Norwegian officials by Monday, December 7.
(12-06-2015, 11:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/norwegian-govt.-seizes-5-children-from-parents-for-alleged-christian-indoct

This is pretty insane.  How can anyone allow the government to interfere this much.  

Seems like a neighbor/neighbors noticed suspicious activity and notified the authorities who then intervened based upon the tip. 
(12-07-2015, 01:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Seems like a neighbor/neighbors noticed suspicious activity and notified the authorities who then intervened based upon the tip. 

We should withhold all guesses and conclusions until we know all the facts.  I just don't understand why the OP doesn't care about the victims just to make a political point.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
There has been a controversy over this for quite a while. Interesting that it took this incident rather than the Indian family it happened to in order to raise the issue here.
Here is the problem, I am looking around for a real news site (one that isn't religious or political based) mentioning this story and I am finding very little. Even the religious/political ones all seem to be pointing back at this very story you posted in the OP. The Facebook campaigns all seem to be centered around this as well.

I'm not saying it isn't true, but I'd like to find another source to corroborate this before going crazy. This has already been to a trial, which means there should be some actual court documents out there, but I can't find anything.
Sounds like people took Lucie's advice of alerting the government over suspicious behavior. This wouldn't have been an issue if the family assimilated to the culture of the country.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-07-2015, 10:01 AM)Au165 Wrote: Here is the problem, I am looking around for a real news site (one that isn't religious or political based) mentioning this story and I am finding very little. Even the religious/political ones all seem to be pointing back at this very story you posted in the OP. The Facebook campaigns all seem to be centered around this as well.

I'm not saying it isn't true, but I'd like to find another source to corroborate this before going crazy. This has already been to a trial, which means there should be some actual court documents out there, but I can't find anything.

I'm not going to bother drudging up all the stuff, but this has been an issue for a while now where their version of CPS has been rather overreaching in the eyes of the public. There have been a number of instances, some making it to the court systems. The government has been insensitive to cultural issues of a variety of cultures, so attempts to say they are singling out this particular group are misleading.
(12-07-2015, 10:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sounds like people took Lucie's advice of alerting the government over suspicious behavior. This wouldn't have been an issue if the family assimilated to the culture of the country.

Rep.

Why don't these people just move to another place where their beliefs would be more accepted?

Also pretty sure there is a lot more to this story.  We are only hearing one side.  I can guarantee that not every Christian Family in Norway is having their children taken away.

Here in the US we are struggling with cases where innocent children die because of their parents religious beliefs.  It is a tough situation.  There needs to be a line drawn some where, but how do you respect the parents religious beliefs and still protect the children.
(12-07-2015, 10:31 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm not going to bother drudging up all the stuff, but this has been an issue for a while now where their version of CPS has been rather overreaching in the eyes of the public. There have been a number of instances, some making it to the court systems. The government has been insensitive to cultural issues of a variety of cultures, so attempts to say they are singling out this particular group are misleading.

Are you that versed in Norwegian family law matters?
(12-07-2015, 08:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There has been a controversy over this for quite a while. Interesting that it took this incident rather than the Indian family it happened to in order to raise the issue here.

Not aware of the Indian family. But was aware of the German famly this happened to and they asked for asylum and were denied by Obama admin.
(12-07-2015, 11:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not aware of the Indian family.   But was aware of the German famly this happened to and they asked for asylum and were denied by Obama admin.

Well they should stay in Europe.  We don't need refugees here.
(12-07-2015, 10:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sounds like people took Lucie's advice of alerting the government over suspicious behavior. This wouldn't have been an issue if the family assimilated to the culture of the country.

Yes just what we need the principle telling parents the government should give you lessons on raising your kid.
(12-07-2015, 11:47 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes just what we need the principle telling parents the government should give you lessons on raising your kid.

The letter I read (from the brother) said the girls were running around saying the parents beating them, and generally were saying weird things at school which started this whole thing. It sounds like from the brothers letter I have been able to find, that the radical religion thing was a secondary comment and wasn't the direct influence in calling the protective services.
(12-07-2015, 11:47 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes just what we need the principle telling parents the government should give you lessons on raising your kid.

It is impossible to tell what is going on in the case you cited because we only have one side of the story, but I 100% agree that sometimes it is in the best interests of the children to remove them from their parents.  Children should not suffer because they have bad parents.
(12-07-2015, 11:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well they should stay in Europe.  We don't need refugees here.

They actually couldn't because of the EU. They were in Tennessee for some time until they were deported back to Germany where the government was ready to seize their children . All because they wanted to home school.

And just did a little search i saw they won the court case to stay in the Memphis area.
(12-07-2015, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is impossible to tell what is going on in the case you cited because we only have one side of the story, but I 100% agree that sometimes it is in the best interests of the children to remove them from their parents.  Children should not suffer because they have bad parents.

Religion should never be a reason to remove children. This principle was way outta line and this is just another reason why no one should trust the government.
I don't think someone reporting something is the problem. I'd say the taking of the children from the home is the problem if this article is accurate.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-07-2015, 11:58 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Religion should never be a reason to remove children.   This principle was way outta line and this is just another reason why no one should trust the government.

Even if they are dirty, savage Muslims who pull their children out of school by their hair?
(12-07-2015, 12:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Even if they are dirty, savage Muslims who pull their children out of school by their hair?

What you are giving an example of is physical child abuse. So yes is a parent physically abuses their child then there should be consequences .

Not sure what this has to do with the gov taking children from parents because they were too christian. .... Oh yeah you were trying to make this about brown people.
(12-07-2015, 11:58 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Religion should never be a reason to remove children. 

If it puts the children in danger then it should.

Adults can chose a religion that involves handling snakes, drinking strychnine, blowing themselves up, female castration, or not seeking a doctors help when they are dying, but children should not be placed in that type of danger.