Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The right’s shocking admission: Dems have been right about Republicans all along
(03-18-2016, 11:42 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Trump could end up being pretty benign.  Kinda hard to get anything done when even your own party doesn't support you.

The odd thing to me is why people are so afraid of Trump.  Aside from immigration, he's left of center on almost every issue important to the GOP.
(03-18-2016, 12:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The odd thing to me is why people are so afraid of Trump.  Aside from immigration, he's left of center on almost every issue important to the GOP.

The problem is that you can not believe what he says or have any idea what he is going to do.  His entire life he has bragged about how he has lied and manipulated people to do what he wants just for his own financial gain.  So why would anyone think he would do anything different when he is president?

It is like the old fable when a person helps a poisonous snake and the snake bites him anyway.  The moral is "What did you think I would do?  I am a snake."

People who trust Trump are like the rube in that fable.
(03-18-2016, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The problem is that you can not believe what he says or have any idea what he is going to do.  His entire life he has bragged about how he has lied and manipulated people to do what he wants just for his own financial gain.  So why would anyone think he would do anything different when he is president?

It is like the old fable when a person helps a poisonous snake and the snake bites him anyway.  The moral is "What did you think I would do?  I am a snake."

People who trust Trump are like the rube in that fable.

Do you trust Hillary?

Also the fable you are referring to is the Scorpion and the Frog
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-18-2016, 12:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Also the fable you are referring to is the Scorpion and the Frog

No it isn't

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Farmer_and_the_Viper
(03-18-2016, 12:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The odd thing to me is why people are so afraid of Trump.  Aside from immigration, he's left of center on almost every issue important to the GOP.

Pretty much, although I doubt it had much to do with conviction.  The only thing we can guarantee about a Trump Presidency is he will leave office with a lot more money than he came in with.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-18-2016, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it isn't

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Farmer_and_the_Viper
Alright you use the farmer and viper story and I'll use the frog and Scorpion.

BTW, surprisingly you didn't answer the question.

(03-18-2016, 12:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you trust Hillary?

I am not a huge Hillary fan, but at least i know she won't sell our her position and screw over her constituents just for her own personal gain.  She has been elected before and did not do that.

Hillary's biggest concern is her legacy.  This goal may be self-serving and based on vanity.  But if she is elected she will try to do good things in order to secure her place in history.

Trump's entire life has been based on manipulating people for nothing but his own personal financial gain.  Why people think he will do anything different as President is beyond me.
As to the OP: Folks label Trump a racist for the exact same reason some here are labeled racist. It's because he doesn't see devide or color as much as most when evaluating a person or a situation.

Trump is going to export immigrants=Trump hates Mexicans
Trump is going to be harsher of punishment for Terrorists and their families= Trump hates Muslims
Trump is against abortion=Trump hates women
Trump is for cutting social programs that aid the poor=trump hates Black folk

He's probably the ONLY candidate that hasn't used race in a political campaign and backward America sees that as racist.

(03-18-2016, 01:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not a huge Hillary fan, but at least i know she won't sell our her position and screw over her constituents just for her own personal gain.  She has been elected before and did not do that.

Hillary's biggest concern is her legacy.  This goal may be self-serving and based on vanity.  But if she is elected she will try to do good things in order to secure her place in history.

Trump's entire life has been based on manipulating people for nothing but his own personal financial gain.  Why people think he will do anything different as President is beyond me.

Was that a yes?

(03-18-2016, 01:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was that a yes?

Sorry.  I forgot about your problem with reading comprehension.

Let me make it simple enough so that even you will understand.  .  .  "I trust Hillary to try and help the country if she gets elected instead of just seeking financial gain for herself like Trump will do."
(03-18-2016, 01:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the OP: Folks label Trump a racist for the exact same reason some here are labeled racist. It's because he doesn't see devide or color as much as most when evaluating a person or a situation.d America sees that as racist.

You can't be serious.

1.  He has blatantly lied about the criminal activity of Mexican immigrants in the United States in order to stir up resentment against them. Denigrating an entire group of people in this country based only on race is pretty much the textbook definition of racism.

2.  Proposing committing war crimes against Muslims may not be racists, but it is cruel and inhumane. He is basically supporting the tactics that ISIS is using.  It disgusts me to see so many people eager to have the United States viewed the same as ISIS. 

3.  His hatred for women is not based as much on his abortion position because he really does not oppose abortion. He has made it clear in the past that he is Pro-life.  he is just claiming to be against abortion now to get the support of the rubes.  Instead his hatred of women is based on the way he has spoken about women his entire life.  What kind of President judges women by their looks (Fiorina) or attacks a reporters comment by claiming she was menstarting (Megan Kelly)?

4.  His hatred of black people is based on the fact that when he was asked to denounce the support of known racist Davis Duke he blatantly lies about his knowledge of David Duke and REFUSED to denounce his racist positions.  What other possible explanation is there for such a blatant lie other than the fact that he does not disagree with them?  To me this was by far the biggest "WTF?" moment I have seen from trump.  I had no reason to think he was racists until he pulled that stunt.  Plus he had to know how easy it would be to prove he was lying.  this is just more proof of what rubes his supporters are.  They just don't care if he lies his ass off.  Especially when it come to denouncing white supremists.  
(03-18-2016, 01:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry.  I forgot about your problem with reading comprehension.

Let me make it simple enough so that even you will understand.  .  .  "I trust Hillary to try and help the country if she gets elected instead of just seeking financial gain for herself like Trump will do."

Oh, so you qualify trust, yet make a statement only a "rube' would trust Trump. What is I trust him to abolish or reform NAFTA?

Talking out of both sides of your mouth is fun.

(03-18-2016, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The problem is that you can not believe what he says or have any idea what he is going to do.  His entire life he has bragged about how he has lied and manipulated people to do what he wants just for his own financial gain.  So why would anyone think he would do anything different when he is president?

He's been pretty consistent on the limited policy objectives he's given.  He also makes outrageous statements, I think specifically to get media attention, and then later retracts of softens them.  I read that Trump has received over 2 billion dollars worth of free media coverage.  His claim to limit freedom of the press and weaken libel laws was pure troll bait that the media swallowed whole.

Quote:People who trust Trump are like the rube in that fable.

This is where you go off the rails on this issue.  You have constantly referred to Trump supporters as rubes, people of limited intellect or gullible.  The truth is his support spans the economic and educational spectrum.  While the largest group of supporters are low income workers they are by no means the majority.  Trumps rise is such an obvious push back to the legions of PC Principals that inhabit our society now that sociologists will have a field day with this time in history.  It's not fear, it's not anger, although both are certainly present, it's mostly annoyance with how far the pendulum has swung.

(03-18-2016, 01:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Pretty much, although I doubt it had much to do with conviction.  The only thing we can guarantee about a Trump Presidency is he will leave office with a lot more money than he came in with.  

True, but that's also true of pretty much every elected official at the federal level.  What people should find interesting is how frantic the GOP elite are to stop Trump.  They're so desperate to protect their corrupt establishment that they're throwing their weight behind Ted effing Cruz.  Cruz is about as nightmarish a candidate for POTUS as has ever existed.  I'm going to vomit typing this but I'd take Rick Santorum over Cruz because I don't think Santorum is a malevolent person.  Personally I'm enjoying every second of the GOP elite's pants shitting party.  They're so deathly afraid of losing power they're willing to sell their soul to the devil.
(03-18-2016, 02:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't be serious.

1.  He has blatantly lied about the criminal activity of Mexican immigrants in the United States in order to stir up resentment against them. Denigrating an entire group of people in this country based only on race is pretty much the textbook definition of racism.

2.  Proposing committing war crimes against Muslims may not be racists, but it is cruel and inhumane. He is basically supporting the tactics that ISIS is using.  It disgusts me to see so many people eager to have the United States viewed the same as ISIS. 

3.  His hatred for women is not based as much on his abortion position because he really does not oppose abortion. He has made it clear in the past that he is Pro-life.  he is just claiming to be against abortion now to get the support of the rubes.  Instead his hatred of women is based on the way he has spoken about women his entire life.  What kind of President judges women by their looks (Fiorina) or attacks a reporters comment by claiming she was menstarting (Megan Kelly)?

4.  His hatred of black people is based on the fact that when he was asked to denounce the support of known racist Davis Duke he blatantly lies about his knowledge of David Duke and REFUSED to denounce his racist positions.  What other possible explanation is there for such a blatant lie other than the fact that he does not disagree with them?  To me this was by far the biggest "WTF?" moment I have seen from trump.  I had no reason to think he was racists until he pulled that stunt.  Plus he had to know how easy it would be to prove he was lying.  this is just more proof of what rubes his supporters are.  They just don't care if he lies his ass off.  Especially when it come to denouncing white supremists.  
Yet everything you post supports exactly what I say:

1. let me guess he lied when he suggested criminals are the illeaglas coming over. Once again nothing with race, just a stance om immigration

2. Once again, the is just liberal whinning. Don't wanna be 'tortured" don't commit acts of terror against the US or Harbor those who do.  It disgusts me to see so many people eager to have the United States viewed the same as Syria.

3. Every candidate is judged on his or her looks to say otherwise is being nieve. He just made the mistake of cimmentung on a woman's appearance. A quick answer to your question though is Bill Clinton

4. I'm not sure how many times he has to denounce this. Has Sanders denounced the acts of violence commited by MoveOn.org at Trump rallies.

Thanks for helping me further prove my point. I didn't want to point folks out, but you LEFT me little choice,

(03-18-2016, 01:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry.  I forgot about your problem with reading comprehension.

The Clinton's are for the Clinton's and only the Clintons.   I doubt there is a person in the country who cares less about the average person than the Clinton's except as a means to an end.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-18-2016, 02:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The Clinton's are for the Clinton's and only the Clintons.   I doubt there is a person in the country who cares less about the average person than the Clinton's except as a means to an end.

Well you can say whatever you want, but the fact that there is not a shred of evidence to back up your opinion means it has no credibility.

The Clinton Foundation is one of the greatest charitable organizations on earth.
(03-18-2016, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well you can say whatever you want, but the fact that there is not a shred of evidence to back up your opinion means it has no credibility.

The Clinton Foundation is one of the greatest charitable organizations on earth.

Nope.  No evidence at all.  

(03-18-2016, 02:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. let me guess he lied when he suggested criminals are the illeaglas coming over. Once again nothing with race, just a stance om immigration
Congratulations.  Your guess is correct.

But instead of making REAL arguments against immigrants he makes up lies about them based on their race he is being racists.  Many of the arguments against illegal immigrants are based on racists beliefs.  Just because he made the statement in regards to immigration that does not mean they are not racists.

And he did not just accuse them of being rapists and criminals.  He also accused them of being disease infested.  and he blamed the drug problem in the United States on mexican drug cartels.

This may come as surprise to may of you, but it is possible to make arguments against immigration without making up lies about a race.  But it is just much easier to stir up the rubes with racists lies.
(03-18-2016, 02:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2. Once again, the is just liberal whinning. Don't wanna be 'tortured" don't commit acts of terror against the US or Harbor those who do.  It disgusts me to see so many people eager to have the United States viewed the same as Syria.

So you are just fine with ISIS tactics?  That is what you want the United States to do?  You don't see anything wrong with their behavior?  If someone raped your daughter then you think it would be just fine for you to rape his daughter?

What Would Jesus Do?  Amirite? 
(03-18-2016, 02:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 3. Every candidate is judged on his or her looks to say otherwise is being nieve. He just made the mistake of cimmentung on a woman's appearance. A quick answer to your question though is Bill Clinton

Link?

And what about his comment about Megan Kelley being upset because she was menstruating?

You really want a President who makes comments like that?

But I guess you think he is leading the polls because he is so good looking, right?