Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The road to the division/wildcard isn’t even that long
(11-14-2023, 03:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehhhhh....

Right now the 7th seed would play Baltimore in Baltimore. This year the Ravens have the 5th scoring offense and the 1st scoring defense.

The Bengals were better last year than this year and they barely squeaked out a last second miracle win against Tyler Huntley while in Cincinnati.

Give me playoff Burrow over playoff Lamar any day. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 02:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You guys are kind of weird saying that if we lose Thursday the season is over.

What were you expecting? These are the same guys who claim the game is over in the 1st QTR. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nah, lose the next one and that'll be the season. People counting on the Bengals suddenly becoming a beast. Ok, let us say that is possible. Now, you expect the conference to all of a sudden start collapsing? Those in today all seem like they can win just as many games and the ones on the outside ( like us ) seem to be doing well, except for us and the Pats and Jets. That's today. Come Sunday night, it may be lights out, if we lose.

Job one is to win. Can't control what other teams do. Playoffs start Thursday.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Get to at least 7-5 over the next 3 and I like our chances. Thursday is huge back against the wall but not season ending or saving.
Reply/Quote
Let me say I am no expert and don't claim to be but, to me and my thinking after watching years of football seasons and teams in the playoffs it seems easier to advance in the playoffs than it is to actually get to the playoffs. Just getting to the playoffs is surviving the entire season of now 17 games and winning enough of those games to qualify. Once you are in, yes you will be playing the best but you don't have to endure 17 games again. Sure it is still a mountain to climb but you are almost to the top. Sure wild card teams have it tougher than a #1 seed with the extra game but still have that shot without enduring the entire 17 game season.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 07:16 PM)Destro Wrote: Nah, lose the next one and that'll be the season. People counting on the Bengals suddenly becoming a beast. Ok, let us say that is possible. Now, you expect the conference to all of a sudden start collapsing? Those in today all seem like they can win just as many games and the ones on the outside ( like us ) seem to be doing well, except for us and the Pats and Jets. That's today. Come Sunday night, it may be lights out, if we lose.

Job one is to win. Can't control what other teams do. Playoffs start Thursday.

If we can roll off like 10 wins in a row the last 2 season then one of the AFCN teams can lose 2-3 games back to back
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 08:54 PM)Housh Wrote: If we can roll off like 10 wins in a row the last 2 season then one of the AFCN teams can lose 2-3 games back to back

We are still talking about the other 3 divisions that exist and could send teams to the playoffs. Added in our horrible conference record, tie breakers will go against us. Winning out is likely the only way to get into the playoffs. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 10:13 PM)Destro Wrote: We are still talking about the other 3 divisions that exist and could send teams to the playoffs. Added in our horrible conference record, tie breakers will go against us. Winning out is likely the only way to get into the playoffs. 

Were only down 2 tiebreaker to the Ravens but only down 1 tiebreak game to the rest of the AFCN

we could easily hold tiebreakers over all AFCN teams in a few weeks

8 games is a lot of games
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Win tomorrow night, and the road to the playoffs becomes quite a bit easier, though not easy. Lose however, that already small % chance of making it becomes a lot smaller.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Watson out for the year...holy ****.
Reply/Quote
This certainly makes things a lot more interesting:

"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 10:55 AM)chrisball96 Wrote: This certainly makes things a lot more interesting:

Weren’t they better w/o him anyway or was he gaining momentum?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 11:00 AM)Housh Wrote: Weren’t they better w/o him anyway or was he gaining momentum?

They are 100% better with Watson. He was kind of gaining steam as well. He played well in the second half last week. 

PJ Walker is terrible. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 11:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They are 100% better with Watson. He was kind of gaining steam as well. He played well in the second half last week. 

PJ Walker is terrible. 

He brought the Browns back against the Ravens. He was on the ascendancy.

The road to the division/wildcard just got a little easier.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 12:09 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I honestly don’t understand how you think we should beat Cleveland. I like our chances against the Chiefs more than the Browns. The browns just man handle us every freaking game.

(11-14-2023, 01:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Chubb is out, which helps us, I don't trust Watson, which helps us. We beat them the second time last year at home, Watson was playing then, coincidentally. Their defense is tough, no question. 

(11-15-2023, 11:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They are 100% better with Watson. He was kind of gaining steam as well. He played well in the second half last week. 

PJ Walker is terrible. 

Tiger

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

PJ Walker is terrible. 

They had Josh Dobbs but traded him to Arizona, who traded him to the Vikiings. Bet they are regretting that now. 

Edited.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 12:48 PM)Nepa Wrote: They had Josh Dobbs but traded him to the Vikings. Bet they are regretting that now. 

Dobbs was on Arizona

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
I feel like the Bengals can win out. They just need to be more consistent on offense. The biggest culprit to me is playcalling. I feel like since the 2021 season we haven't been looking for the big splash plays as much. I'm pretty sure we were first in 20+ yard plays that year. It's too bad it seems like we can't scheme big plays open right now. It's not like the OL was better in 2021 either. The offense has so much potential and it feels like almost every game this year we have about half the game looking really inept on offense.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 12:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Dobbs was on Arizona

You are correct. Josh Dobbs was on the Browns, and competing to be Deshaun Watson's backup, before the start of the season. He was then traded to Arizona, who then traded him to the Vikings.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 01:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Chubb is out, which helps us, I don't trust Watson, which helps us. We beat them the second time last year at home, Watson was playing then, coincidentally. Their defense is tough, no question. 

Watson is out for the season now as well....
Reply/Quote