Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The running defense…
Stepped up, by far the best outing of the year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yup outside of Walkers 21 yard dash - they held them in check.

Although I'm personally surprised they didn't run it more only 21 attempts by their RB's. Geno added 4 more.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Yes better. This game they seemed to fix the backside issues and so they did not get destroyed by cutbacks.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 09:29 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Stepped up, by far the best outing of the year.

And Seattle is an excellent running team
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Yeah better today for sure. They clamped down in the red zone but it was very much a bend don’t break D. Almost like they weren’t that interested until the Hawks were inside the red zone. It’s not sustainable to play like that every week but at least they were able to focus and make plays when it mattered - unlike the offense which went missing in the second half.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 09:32 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Yup outside of Walkers 21 yard dash - they held them in check.

Although I'm personally surprised they didn't run it more only 21 attempts by their RB's. Geno added 4 more.

It was wild, Geno looked very accurate for large chunks of the game so I kind of get why they tried to ride him a bit. But those picks he threw were such bad throws/decisions and then when they had to throw his protection broke down.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
Also, another great second half adjustment by Lou and the defense.

"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
Run defense was good today.I think they have it figured out now.But the red zone defense is what I enjoyed watching the most.Just a phenomenal job by this defense today.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 10:09 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Run defense was good today.I think they have it figured out now.But the red zone defense is what I enjoyed watching the most.Just a phenomenal job by this defense today.

It was. Seattle isn’t easy either. Meanwhile, CMC and deebo left the game today against the browns. AFCN is built different. Bengals seem to do better against phiness teams, if that makes sense (bills, chiefs, etc).
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 10:22 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: It was.  Seattle isn’t easy either. Meanwhile, CMC and deebo left the game today against the browns.  AFCN is built different.  Bengals seem to do better against phiness teams, if that makes sense (bills, chiefs, etc).

Yes the Bengals play better against just about everyone out of division...  think there was a thread earlier this year on where someone mentioned the Bengals were not built for the AFC North. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 10:27 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Yes the Bengals play better against just about everyone out of division...  think there was a thread earlier this year on where someone mentioned the Bengals were not built for the AFC North. 

Titans are another team that are built for AFCN football. Always tough matchups. No matter how bad/good a team seems to be, you can throw it away.. like Steelers beating ravens last week.
Reply/Quote