Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The safeties
(11-29-2023, 03:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He wasn't "sitting out", he was a free agent as his first contract with the Saints had expired. The Saints were up against the cap, and could not afford to make Bell a reasonable offer.  The Bengals signed him to his second pro contract, as an UFA.

That's what I was referencing. He was a free agent, but wasn't getting any sniffs. Safety's that offseason weren't and many were holding out for contracts that they felt they were worth. That was a down year for safety's getting paid. Kinda like we saw this year with RB's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 06:19 PM)Housh Wrote: Could’ve done whatever moves they had to do to make it work.

They just didn’t think he mattered that much

They were obviously wrong

pay JB less
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 03:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is why I hope we extend Reader for a year and add OL in Free Agency at both RT and LG.

Then we can add a top pass rusher and a 3-tech somewhat early if there are some special ones around like there should be.

I trust our DL coach in Hobby and Duke to draft DL more so than OL. Hopefully we bring in a good OL coach that knows OL 
and what he wants to do with the guys we have. Just make it fit, something is going on with the OL with their basics, this is 
on the OL coach IMO.

Back to the point though, we are good at Safety for the future on Defense it looks like, pass rushers are what we need and a
future NT and 3-tech. DL needs addressed. If we let Reader go, that is even a bigger hole.

Had to bump this from the bottom of the last page for people to see...

We are good at Safety, LB and of course QB for the future. The trenches need to be addressed the most this year and I just 
cannot trust the FO and the current coaches in evaluating OL in the Draft with our history.
Reply/Quote
Jessie had another INT today! It's OK to say we miss him on defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 12:01 AM)J24 Wrote: Jessie had another INT today! It's OK to say we miss him on defense.

Outside of WR’s, DB’s are probably the position Duke is the best at drafting. We definitely miss Bates (and Bell), but hopefully Dax and Battle turn out to be the real deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Had to bump this from the bottom of the last page for people to see...

We are good at Safety, LB and of course QB for the future. The trenches need to be addressed the most this year and I just 
cannot trust the FO and the current coaches in evaluating OL in the Draft with our history.

We are fine at Safety, paying Bates 16M the next 4 years would have been more than stupid.

The same folks crying over Bates today wanted him gone the year before last.  Im glad Jessie is having a good season, but he didnt any of that for us the last couple years, in fact he pouted through the last 2, was never a great tackler or a ball hawk.  

Some serious Alzheimers going on....

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 12:01 AM)J24 Wrote: Jessie had another INT today! It's OK to say we miss him on defense.

It is okay to say it, but no reason to pout over not having him here either. Was never going to happen with us and I bet Dax will
start getting his Interceptions soon enough, same with Battle.

(12-04-2023, 12:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Outside of WR’s, DB’s are probably the position Duke is the best at drafting. We definitely miss Bates (and Bell), but hopefully Dax and Battle turn out to be the real deal.

Precisely.

(12-04-2023, 12:17 AM)casear2727 Wrote: We are fine at Safety, paying Bates 16M the next 4 years would have been more than stupid.

The same folks crying over Bates today wanted him gone the year before last.  Im glad Jessie is having a good season, but he didnt any of that for us the last couple years, in fact he pouted through the last 2, was never a great tackler or a ball hawk.  

Some serious Alzheimers going on....

No doubt, I wanted us to Draft Bates before we ever did and had him in multiple Mock drafts, but he was never a really good
tackler with us and I don't like how he played not to get injured here in his one season or how he played against the Chiefs in 
our last AFC Championship game.

Good for him having a great season with the Falcons but I like where we are at with Safety for the future with Dax, Battle and
Tycen Anderson.
Reply/Quote
I know yall saw that red zone pick six Jessie got on NOLA in a high-stakes division game.
Reply/Quote