Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The search (apparently) is back on....
(02-04-2019, 03:22 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Capers is an all time great Defensive coordinator why would this be bad?

Capers is trash. He ruined the packers defense
Reply/Quote
Capers put together some good teams with the Panthers, including their defense.

Do I understand it correctly? Do we not have a single defensive coach under contract? It's going to be a busy week down at PBS.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 03:39 AM)Shady Wrote: Capers put together some good teams with the Panthers, including their defense.

Do I understand it correctly? Do we not have a single defensive coach under contract? It's going to be a busy week down at PBS.

We do have the two DB coaches under contract.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
John Fox out of the running?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 08:58 AM)McC Wrote: We do have the two DB coaches under contract.

I don't know. Who knows? Maybe Del Rio is also house hunting in the area. All we get are rumors. Until this week, that is.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 03:39 AM)Shady Wrote: Capers put together some good teams with the Panthers, including their defense.

The last three years his defense has been garbage. Capers would be a very meh hire. Better than Austin, tho. So there's that. lol
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Looks like Capers maybe heading to the Dolphins.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9493/dom-capers

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 02:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: Looks like Capers maybe heading to the Dolphins.

So maybe we still get Del Rio.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 02:19 PM)McC Wrote: So maybe we still get Del Rio.

Mervin Lewis
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis.

He can show Zac what a Super Bowl ring looks like.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 02:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin Lewis.

He can show Zac what a Super Bowl ring looks like.

I'm sure Marv can dust the cobwebs off that ring with the tears of 16 years without a playoff win.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Del Rio or Allen would be nice. Capers did well with the Panthers years back but not good with the Packers.

Want Del Rio the most.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 02:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Del Rio or Allen would be nice. Capers did well with the Panthers years back but not good with the Packers.

Want Del Rio the most.

Allen's off the table.  Getting a raise and staying put.  Rumor also is Capers might go to the Phins.

Reply/Quote
I find it interesting our fans are all in for a new hire at head coach with zero NFL wins in his resume, but just have to have their guy as OC or DC (or on their list). Taylor hires his assistants so just an FYI, this is on him if they fail, not on MB or Katie.

We all want a winner, but can't have it both ways of loving the HC decision, then turn around and hate his decision (maybe) of DC or OC.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 02:58 PM)McC Wrote: Allen's off the table.  Getting a raise and staying put.  Rumor also is Capers might go to the Phins.

Would love to see JDR,  but if not,  I hope it's someone really good.   Defenses still win championships.   Last nights game showed us that.   Plus we don't have a truely high powered offense.   What we do have is an offense that can run the ball move the chains pick up some points,  to compliment that we need a nasty D.   Old school smashmouth football,  its what the AFCN is and to stay in the mix we need a really top notch DC.
Reply/Quote
For goodness sake give him time to hire who he wants. I know good news has been a long tome coming but let it play out before we start bitching. LOL
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 02:58 PM)McC Wrote: Allen's off the table.  Getting a raise and staying put.  Rumor also is Capers might go to the Phins.

Good to know McC, thanks.

Want Del Rio the most anyways.

(02-04-2019, 03:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I find it interesting our fans are all in for a new hire at head coach with zero NFL wins in his resume, but just have to have their guy as OC or DC (or on their list). Taylor hires his assistants so just an FYI, this is on him if they fail, not on MB or Katie.

We all want a winner, but can't have it both ways of loving the HC decision, then turn around and hate his decision (maybe) of DC or OC.

I find it interesting that you are almost alluding to not wanting to move on from Marvin Lewis.

Don't you think it was about time?

Also, it is not like Zac Taylor was not spoken very highly of by everyone around for his innovative ways and his great communication. We needed a new mind in here, i will support the guy and give him some time. No point in hating on the guy before he is even given a chance as a HC.

(02-04-2019, 03:08 PM)Goncrazzy Wrote: Would love to see JDR,  but if not,  I hope it's someone really good.   Defenses still win championships.   Last nights game showed us that.   Plus we don't have a truely high powered offense.   What we do have is an offense that can run the ball move the chains pick up some points,  to compliment that we need a nasty D.   Old school smashmouth football,  its what the AFCN is and to stay in the mix we need a really top notch DC.

Completely agree and i believe we have most the players to have that nasty D. Just have to fix the LB core and add a couple more pieces. We saw how different the D looked once we got rid of Austin even with our shitty Linebackers. I think Del Rio would want to work with Geno and the boys. We just gave him an extension so he would have a few years to work with Geno one of the best 3-tech DT's in the game.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 03:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I find it interesting our fans are all in for a new hire at head coach with zero NFL wins in his resume, but just have to have their guy as OC or DC (or on their list). Taylor hires his assistants so just an FYI, this is on him if they fail, not on MB or Katie.

Interesting spamming mission you've got going.

Reply/Quote
I can like the head coach hire and hate the coordinator hire (In this case potential hire). Capers most recent stint in GB was kind of a disaster. Now one could argue the defense was aging and their lack of FA's of impact hurt....but that would kind of be what he is walking into here.

Disaster may be a little harsh, I'll say uninspiring.
Reply/Quote
They were screaming for him to get out of Green Bay.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote