Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The search (apparently) is back on....
(02-06-2019, 03:05 PM)McC Wrote: ...for a very good reason.

I'm trying to picture The Mouth working for a 35 year old HC and knowing his place and not trying to take over and it just does not compute.

Me neither, no way Rex Ryan would fit.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 03:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: And all this time you thought buffering was something that only happened with aspirin.. 

LOL I know all to well about buffering,  I do alot of streaming live and streaming movies and what not,  but that was really really bad.   
Reply/Quote
Rex is the best DC we are going to get at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 05:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Rex is the best DC we are going to get at this point.

Just don't see a young coach like Taylor picking him.

Rex is too damn boisterous.

Wonder why Del Rio didn't work out.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 05:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just don't see a young coach like Taylor picking him.

Rex is too damn boisterous.

Wonder why Del Rio didn't work out.

AAF or XFL might be talking to Del Rio
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 03:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Me neither, no way Rex Ryan would fit.

Why not we got feet in Cincy too.
Reply/Quote
After the presser I thought it wasn't a fit either, but with Turner on board, it's not like ZT shies away from "personalities".

So why not? If he's willing to switch to the 3-4 with Capers. Rex at least will be here awhile as he'll likely not get a HC job for a good long while. That was the one good thing about Del Rio.

It's got to sting that Rob got a job (albeit a LBC). Can't nobody deny who was the better Defensive coach.

And he know the AFCN so he'll already know how we roll.

Reply/Quote
Whelp looks like we requested permission to interview Aubrey Pleasant CB coach for Rams.
Reply/Quote
Anyone but Capers personally.

The news is, we may really be transitioning to the 3-4.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 09:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: After the presser I thought it wasn't a fit either, but with Turner on board, it's not like ZT shies away from "personalities".

So why not? If he's willing to switch to the 3-4 with Capers. Rex at least will be here awhile as he'll likely not get a HC job for a good long while. That was the one good thing about Del Rio.

It's got to sting that Rob got a job (albeit a LBC). Can't nobody deny who was the better Defensive coach.

And he know the AFCN so he'll already know how we roll.

Just read we hired Turner. Not liking it. Not liking it at all. However, screw it. I’ll roll with it in hopes ZT believes in him and he’s finally got his game stuff together. I don’t care about his past shenanigans, only about his coaching, which has not been stellar.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/2/6/18213696/bengals-hiring-jim-turner-as-ol-coach-per-jimbo-fisher

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 10:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Just read we hired Turner. Not liking it. Not liking it at all. However, screw it. I’ll roll with it in hopes ZT believes in him and he’s finally got his game stuff together. I don’t care about his past shenanigans, only about his coaching, which has not been stellar.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/2/6/18213696/bengals-hiring-jim-turner-as-ol-coach-per-jimbo-fisher

Yeah.  Most people dont like him because of the dolphins things and the powerpoint.  I dunno that stuff doesnt even bother me...what bothers me is the production of his lines.  Cant be worse than piano man. While im not thrilled I'll reserve judgement to see what we have. Hopefully we'll bring in Callahan next year.

Not goinna lie im starting to get a little scared if we go with Pleasant.  I think hes a great position coach but hes a complete unknown as a DC with no play calling experience.  I would take him 100 times out of a 100 vs Capers but hes also only got 6 years of experience and 1 of them was as an offensive coach.  Zac worked with him so if he thinks he will be a good playcaller Ill give him a chance.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 09:56 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Whelp looks like we requested permission to interview Aubrey Pleasant CB coach for Rams.

I don't like it.

He was an offensive coach until 5 years ago, and now he will be a DC?  I just don't see that working out well.
Reply/Quote
Dom Capers said no

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 06:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Why not we got feet in Cincy too.

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 01:07 AM)pally Wrote: Dom Capers said no

Wtf...2 possible candidates in a row turn us down? Yes, our defense was awful last season but we have a lot of talent on that side of the ball. We’re only a couple LBers away from being a pretty good defense. I don’t get what’s scaring these guys away.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 03:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wtf...2 possible candidates in a row turn us down? Yes, our defense was awful last season but we have a lot of talent on that side of the ball. We’re only a couple LBers away from being a pretty good defense. I don’t get what’s scaring these guys away.

I'm not complaining about Capers turning us down, but I see your point too. Bad rep I guess man. We gotta go out and prove the world wrong next season.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 03:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wtf...2 possible candidates in a row turn us down? Yes, our defense was awful last season but we have a lot of talent on that side of the ball. We’re only a couple LBers away from being a pretty good defense. I don’t get what’s scaring these guys away.

Lot's of egos can't handle playing 2nd fiddle to a 34 year old 1st time head coach...
Reply/Quote
Zac is realizing the weight of being a Bengals HC and the reputation and perception that comes along with the Organization.

Thanks Capers tho. We didn't want ya anyway.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 10:44 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't like it.

He was an offensive coach until 5 years ago, and now he will be a DC?  I just don't see that working out well.

the only thing that really worries me is

HC calling plays  (only 1/2 year experience calling plays)
OC with no OC Experience
DC with no DC experience.

It will be an interesting season for sure.
Reply/Quote

We don't know that they're turning us down because "we're awful" or "they hate Mike Brown". 

For all we know, JDR wants to take a year off (he hasn't received any other offers, so it's not like he can be choosy), and Capers is nearly 70 years old, so maybe he's ready to wind down into a less involved front office role. People always assume the worst though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote