Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The secondary play so far is concerning
don't know why the Bengals didn't look at bring Whitner in. he would have been cheap and maybe lit a fire
under Wiiliams and Iloka.
I told Hobson they missed Nelson. HE CAME UP WITH INTS WHEN THIS DEFENSE NEEDED A TAKEAWAY
ESPECIALLY VS PITTSBURGH.YOU DON'T HAVE 9 INTS BY BEING LUCKY.
his football IQ was overlooked.
Iloka has disappointed me the most . day late dollar short. letting guys like Grimble make plays on him
Williams issue is he's got responsibilities as a starter. too much to process.
Dre has been good and Darquaz is borderline bust.
Adam Jones I think has lost a step.
I don't know why Lewis Harris is still here.
I think Josh Shaw is trending up. he's usually in position and doesn't get duped by double moves etc.
in any case this secondary needs to reduce the blown coverages and increase the picks.
Reply/Quote
The safeties absolutely suck how is iloka making the money he's making smh gronk abused these guys today nobody was willing to get up on him right at the los after half-time I don't know why
Reply/Quote
Williams n illoka garbage . Waste
Reply/Quote
I agree the secondary is struggling. I was a big Reggie fan and whilst i totally understand promoting his younger drafted replacement from a cap perspective the reality right now is that Williams has made zero plays.

Don't know if people had too high hopes for him just because he had that one INT of Big Ben but he's starting for the first time and struggling ...Iloka is poor too but i don't know if that's him just playing bad or he's missing Reggie.

Either way we're not good at safety and despite investing 3 first rounders in CB we're not exactly sitting on high quality corner play too
Reply/Quote
The fact that we're starting 32 year Jones says enough..secondly we allow far far far too many free releases off the los this year,watching Dallas who employs the 4-3 defense like we do and the difference stands out clearly they play far more press on recievers and tight ends
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:03 PM)sonofstat Wrote: I agree the secondary is struggling.  I was a big Reggie fan and whilst i totally understand promoting his younger drafted replacement from a cap perspective the reality right now is that Williams has made zero plays.

Don't know if people had too high hopes for him just because he had that one INT of Big Ben but he's starting for the first time and struggling ...Iloka is poor too but i don't know if that's him just playing bad or he's missing Reggie.

Either way we're not good at safety and despite investing 3 first rounders in CB we're not exactly sitting on high quality corner play too
The scouting of possible draft picks by this franchise SUCKS! Just look at the results.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:03 PM)sonofstat Wrote: I agree the secondary is struggling.  I was a big Reggie fan and whilst i totally understand promoting his younger drafted replacement from a cap perspective the reality right now is that Williams has made zero plays.

IMO Iloka seemed like a hard hitting safety for the past couple of years. He definitely is not that this season. Is it him, or the lack of talent around him? R. Nelson gone - another poor decision by the FO. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 02:13 AM)treee Wrote: TIL: Vance Joseph was a super important part of our defense.

BOOM!!!!!
Reply/Quote