Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The sensation is surreal
I feel like this is 2005, but the way it was supposed to play out. This is our time.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:09 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Perfectly said. I was completely numb and totally indifferent as to the product on the field since 2015. This team’s attitude and camaraderie has made them my favorite version of the Bengals of all time. Whatever happens, it’s all icing anyway. I will say, if they get past the chiefs I think they’ll take the whole damn thing down.

I don't think I'll be toooo upset if we lose the AFC title. It's been a great year and one I'll never forget regardless. I also agree with you that if we beat the Chiefs, I think we win it all...and I think we have a great shot to beat them.

(01-24-2022, 04:22 PM)Takedown Wrote: I feel like this is 2005, but the way it was supposed to play out. This is our time.

It's how we imagined 2005 in our heads...but we don't know how the rest of that playoff game plays out. Kitna threw for 3600 yards, 26 TDs and was comeback player of the year with that same group.

He finished that TD drive and led us to a 17-14 halftime lead. Then came Marv's lack of halftime adjustments, and bam. We get outscored 17-0 in the 2nd half. Not sure how much CP changes that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Marvin was a postseason disaster. I don't think he wins the 2005 game either way.

But it's a nice expression of that fan vision 16 years ago, I agree. Even if Palmer is a trash can compared to Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think I'll be toooo upset if we lose the AFC title. It's been a great year and one I'll never forget regardless. I also agree with you that if we beat the Chiefs, I think we win it all...and I think we have a great shot to beat them.

It's how we imagined 2005 in our heads...but we don't know how the rest of that playoff game plays out. Kitna threw for 3600 yards, 26 TDs and was comeback player of the year with that same group.

He finished that TD drive and led us to a 17-14 halftime lead. Then came Marv's lack of halftime adjustments, and bam. We get outscored 17-0 in the 2nd half. Not sure how much CP changes that.

I'll have mixed feelings. I know I'm appreciative and proud of how the '21 team has performed, but I'll be disappointed if we lose. The key for me is that my disappointment won't be a "typical Bungles" narrative because this team has exceeded my expectations. I just don't want to end this fun ride. I like watching Burrow, Chase, and the squad. I want it to last until the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl when Burrow takes a knee.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll be disappointed if the Bengals lose. I don't demand victory, because I know what they're up against and that even when you do everything right it still might not be enough (sorry Josh Allen).

Still, when you're in the conference championship round you have a massive opportunity to win a Lombardi Trophy. There's no guarantee you get back this far anytime soon and you have to capitalize when you're here -- even if it takes a little luck.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:38 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Marvin was a postseason disaster.

Truth, he ranks in the top 26 of all-time for playoff losses with 7 total. Among these 26 coaches, he's the only one who never won a playoff game. Marvin Lewis and Jim Mora (he lost 6 games) are the two head coaches with a playoff W-L% of .000.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:45 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'll have mixed feelings. I know I'm appreciative and proud of how the '21 team has performed, but I'll be disappointed if we lose. The key for me is that my disappointment won't be a "typical Bungles" narrative because this team has exceeded my expectations. I just don't want to end this fun ride. I like watching Burrow, Chase, and the squad. I want it to last until the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl when Burrow takes a knee.

Perfectly summed up. ThumbsUp

I won't be toooo upset, but of course I will be upset.

This has been a dream come true, and I desperately want it to continue.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I was pretty excited and was like if Bengals win next week I am going to buy tickets and go to Superbowl! Then I looked up the price and said no I am not!!! Lol..
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Perfectly summed up. ThumbsUp

I won't be toooo upset, but of course I will be upset.

This has been a dream come true, and I desperately want it to continue.

and to add, regardless of the outcome I think this is going to be a more fun offseason than past years. I'm hoping the Burrow-effect we spitball about is very real for the free agency period and that the draft gods gift us an OL who can start day 1 atop the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
Surreal, you say?

Profootball reference is a site i go to often (hundreds if not thousands) to get numbers and whatnot. Something i've never seen?

[Image: playoff-wins.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Surreal, you say?

Profootball reference is a site i go to often (hundreds if not thousands) to get numbers and whatnot. Something i've never seen?

I could get used to it. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Joe Burrow really has the respect of the players. The Hilton comments exemplifies it. 

And now they all saw him take 9 sacks (11 really, but two were nullified), never complain, never start screaming at other players, never do the gestures to show up other players, and get right back in and throw the key pass to get into field goal range.

Just an inspiring quarterback. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Surreal, you say?

I suggest an orange oval next time instead of Chiefs red.  Hilarious

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: Joe Burrow really has the respect of the players. The Hilton comments exemplifies it. 

And now they all saw him take 9 sacks (11 really, but two were nullified), never complain, never start screaming at other players, never do the gestures to show up other players, and get right back in and throw the key pass to get into field goal range.

Just an inspiring quarterback. 

I hope that means something when it comes to re-signing some of these players on the 1-year deal... BJ Hill, Ogunjobi, Spain. I would even re-sign Apple in case there are no DBs left in round 1.

You can see all the FA next year here: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/cincinnati-bengals/
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:16 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I suggest an orange oval next time instead of Chiefs red.  Hilarious

Who Dey

It's burnt orange. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's burnt orange. Mellow

Wasn’t that Dre Kirkpatrick’s nickname when he was here?

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's burnt orange. Mellow

It's a me problem. Seeing color isn't my strength. Orange for the win.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:00 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: and to add, regardless of the outcome I think this is going to be a more fun offseason than past years. I'm hoping the Burrow-effect we spitball about is very real for the free agency period and that the draft gods gift us an OL who can start day 1 atop the depth chart.

Oh for sure. The core of this squad is young and locked in for several years.

We have exactly one dire need, and a ton of cap space and picks to fix it.

The offseason will be a blast.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:04 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's definitely a change.  I've been a fan since they changed to striped helmets (I was 8 and lived in South Dakota) and thought they were the coolest thing in the world.  One of my character strengths/flaws is loyalty.  I couldn't quit the team, even in the 90s.

There's only been 1 game I haven't watched live since Sunday Ticket came out - and that was the Raiders playoff game.  I just couldn't do it.  It was way too stressful for me.

Of course, I checked in on the score late and then had to turn it on.  I was completely shaking after they won.

Fast forward to the Titans game and I was able to just purely enjoy the game now that the curse was gone.  Amazing how things change with one win,

We sound like the same person. I too fell in love with the helmets and that is what started my life long fandom. I was 11 and lived in Memphis. I have even had friends that are like "how are you a Bengals fan??" and "WHY are you a Bengals fan...they suck" When you are a sports fanatic as a kid and you fall in love with a team that stays with you forever. 

There have been games where I have been so stressed I turned it off and checked the score but for the last two games I just couldn't do it. I had to keep watching to the end and the payoff of seeing it live was worth the stress. 
Reply/Quote