Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The softest part of the schedule is upon us...
(09-26-2023, 10:20 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Titans and the Titans crowd are going to be Fired up for revenge against the Bengals.

It was the Bengals that knocked them out of the Playoffs during the 2021-2022 Season when they were at their most recent Peak

as the #1 AFC Seed.

They had a chance for revenge last year and failed. The nfl doesn't work that way.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Rams O > Titans O
Titans D > Rams D

If our OLine holds up again as they did against LA and Reader shuts down Henry we eek out a dub

But - I think this one goes down to the wire again
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 12:45 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The offense, at least passing offense, was pitiful. Burrow has really, really struggled with his injury. He has been one of the most inaccurate QBs in the league so far and has struggled to drive the ball where it needs to go. Mixon has been running well, but the main engine of this offense is sputtering hard. A lot of fans have been saying "The receivers dropped the passes" or "That interception was crazy" which is all true. Let's remove those and see how well he played. If we removed the interception, all of the drops, throwaways, and batted passes, Joe posted an 81 passer rating. It doesn't take much further analysis to know that an 81 rating in the modern day NFL is quite bad. 

Joe has been bad. There is no way around it. It is mostly due to his injury and then you have the terrible weather week one, but he has been bad. He looked great in week two prior to re-injuring his calf. 

Can Browning play at the level Burrow is playing right now? I really don't know. 

If the goal is to win a Super Bowl, I feel like this team needs to take it's chances with Browning and sit Burrow until after the bye. Because they aren't winning a Super Bowl with how Burrow has played so far on a bad calf. It makes it pointless to keep running him out there. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 01:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They had a chance for revenge last year and failed. The nfl doesn't work that way.

Nah, it's like a new movie:

Revenge of the Titans

This time, they really really mean it.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 10:41 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to further go off topic but the shittiest part of the deal for Denver is that even if they lose every game this season, it really won't help them much as their 1st round pick is owned by Seattle for Wilson.  Denver sucks, and will likely suck for several seasons.  Sean Payton really put himself in a great position by taking that job in Denver..

Was wondering what Sean Payton was thinking going to Denver. I liked the Defense in the past but they looked terrible against 
the Dolphins, record breaking terrible. Russ Wilson hasn't looked the same for a couple of years etc.

(09-27-2023, 12:26 PM)J24 Wrote: Disagree they are a good team. Especially in the front 7.

Any team with Micah Parsons on them is a good team, that is how good that one guy is...

(09-27-2023, 12:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No doubt. The fanbases for each of those teams probably think they'll beat us.

Only because of the Burrow injury and the slow start.

If Burrow gets feeling better and getting more accurate while Tee starts to catch passes....

We will be feared once again by all fanbases.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 10:33 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Am I crazy for thinking the offense wasn't bad on Monday? 

Burrow looked capable. The offense was moving the ball but stalled on the Higgins drops, the two false start penalties, and the Burrow interception (almost a flukey play). 

There were a lot of points left out on that field, players just didn't make plays. It wasn't anything like the Cleveland game where we were just incapable of moving the football. 

Yes.

QB 1: 52.4% Completion, 5.6 YPA, 57.0 QB Rating
QB 2: 53.1% Completion, 5.3 YPA, 59.8 QB Rating
QB 3: 59.2% Completion, 4.2 YPA, 66.6 QB Rating
QB 4: 58.0% Completion, 6.0 YPA, 67.7 QB Rating

QB 1 is Zach Wilson this year, QB 2 is Joe Burrow Week 3, QB 3 is Bryce Young this year, and QB 4 is Justin Fields this year.

The main player who was not making plays was Joe Burrow, who looked anything but capable. He had like 10 uncatchable balls, not counting pure throwaways. Mixon ran for 3.4 YPC, Tee was terrible, but Burrow was also terrible.

I can honestly say that I do not think he was helping the team by toughing out his injury and playing on Monday. He was basically Ryan Finley statistically... Finley career numbers: 48.7% Completion, 5.4 YPA, 59.4 QB Rating

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 03:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes.

QB 1 is Zach Wilson this year, QB 2 is Joe Burrow Week 3, QB 3 is Bryce Young this year, and QB 4 is Justin Fields this year.

The main player who was not making plays was Joe Burrow, who looked anything but capable. He had like 10 uncatchable balls, not counting pure throwaways. Mixon ran for 3.4 YPC, Tee was terrible, but Burrow was also terrible.

I can honestly say that I do not think he was helping the team by toughing out his injury and playing on Monday. He was basically Ryan Finley statistically... Finley career numbers: 48.7% Completion, 5.4 YPA, 59.4 QB Rating

Wow. Those numbers surprised me. Thanks for compiling that list. 
Reply/Quote

Just shows how much a calf strain can effect a QB's accuracy. Hope all this improves big time against the Titans.

At least Burrow didn't tweak it again. Thanks for this TLL.
Reply/Quote

Stop, you're going to ruin my image of Joey B.  Those are looking a lot like "Bad Andy" sort of numbers..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote