Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The starting offense is scary young.
Was looking over our starting roster for the offense. Aj green is of course the oldest at 32. We have two guys in gio Bernard and trey Hopkins that are 28. Erickson is 27. Mike Thomas, Mason Schreck, and Bobby hart are 26. Everyone else is younger than 26. If we can get our line better,(maybe with a first round right tackle next year) this offense can be good for a very very long time
Reply/Quote
QB: 23
RB1: 24
RB2: 28
WR1 (Boyd): 25
WR2 (Green): 32
WR3 (Higgins): 21
WR4 (Tate): 23
TE1 (Sample): 24
TE2 (Uzomah, injured): 27
LT: 22
LG: 22
C: 28
RG1 (Redmond): 25
RG2 (XSF, injured): 29
RT: 26

I didn't think about this, but it's really interesting.
Reply/Quote
Defense seems a lot older per average. Interesting when you consider that the Bengals have one of the younger coaches in the league.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:11 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: QB: 23
RB1: 24
RB2: 28
WR1 (Boyd): 25
WR2 (Green): 32
WR3 (Higgins): 21
WR4 (Tate): 23
TE1 (Sample): 24
TE2 (Uzomah, injured): 27
LT: 22
LG: 22
C: 28
RG1 (Redmond): 25
RG2 (XSF, injured): 29
RT: 26

I didn't think about this, but it's really interesting.

Don't forget that Green is a FA after this year, so if he doesn't re-sign, it would only make XSF as the only 30+ year old on the offense in 2021 (assuming they don't sign an outside FA who is 30+ years old).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Defense seems a lot older per average.  Interesting when you consider that the Bengals have one of the younger coaches in the league.

That's due to Atkins, Dunlap, and Bynes.
Everyone else, I believe, is under 30.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We are set up in a position for be very good for a long time.....
Reply/Quote
It could potentially be getting even younger next year with the possibility of two new rookie high draft choices manning the right side of the line.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 05:06 PM)McC Wrote: It could potentially be getting even younger next year with the possibility of two new rookie high draft choices manning the right side of the line.

May your prediction come true. We can only pray you are correct. This would be awesome for the future and Joes health.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 11:21 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: May your prediction come true. We can only pray you are correct. This would be awesome for the future and Joes health.
I guess the optimal situation would be for one of the two to be a veteran FA.  Two rookies side by side might not be best for everyone concerned.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We are set up in a position for be very good for a long time.....

Except we’re not even good right now. Lol
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 03:44 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Was looking over our starting roster for the offense. Aj green is of course the oldest at 32. We have two guys in gio Bernard and trey Hopkins that are 28. Erickson is 27. Mike Thomas, Mason Schreck, and Bobby hart are 26. Everyone else is younger than 26. If we can get our line better,(maybe with a first round right tackle next year) this offense can be good for a very very long time

Didn't really think about that but you are correct and AJ probably won't be here next year so it might get even younger.
Reply/Quote