Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The stat sheet is as ugly as the game...
The Jags ran the ball 40 times. We ran 37 plays total. (passing and rushing)
Jags beat us in time of possession 40:14 to 19:46.
Dalton completed only 10 of 18 for 136 yards, with the long by Kroft of 59 yards.
Joe Mixon ran for only 31 yards on 13 carries (2.38 per rush).
Bortles had a 91.9 rating and looked better than that.
Bortles was never sacked (Dalton sacked twice on 18 attempts).
Jags rushed for 148 yards with Fournette out.
Jags went 12/18 (67%) on 3rd downs, Bengals went 1/8 (17%).
Jags outgained us 407 to 148. (lowest offensive output since 10/19/2014 @Colts)
We had 29 net yards rushing. (lowest rush output since 12/23/2012 @Steelers)

In short, this was a performance worthy of some firings. Unfortunately, we all know how that goes with the Bengals.

Extension time! :giggle:
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This team needs changes and it begins with the head coach.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
:giggle: "Well we did some good things, and that's a good thing."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Fire Marvin, put in AJM.
Reply/Quote
I just don't see an in-season fix to this mess.

Firing Lewis I fear makes it likely that whoever we make interim would stay permanent.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Jags ran the ball 40 times. We ran 37 plays total. (passing and rushing)
Jags beat us in time of possession 40:14 to 19:46.
Dalton completed only 10 of 18 for 136 yards, with the long by Kroft of 59 yards.
Joe Mixon ran for only 31 yards on 13 carries (2.38 per rush).
Bortles had a 91.9 rating and looked better than that.
Bortles was never sacked (Dalton sacked twice on 18 attempts).
Jags rushed for 148 yards with Fournette out.
Jags went 12/18 (67%) on 3rd downs, Bengals went 1/8 (17%).
Jags outgained us 407 to 148. (lowest offensive output since 10/19/2014 @Colts)
We had 29 net yards rushing. (lowest rush output since 12/23/2012 @Steelers)

In short, this was a performance worthy of some firings. Unfortunately, we all know how that goes with the Bengals.

Extension time! :giggle:

There are some positives in there. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that the highest average yards per carry for Mixon when he has had 10+ carries? Also it appears some younger players got some much needed playing time; more than usual?
Reply/Quote
Yeah...I know it's the offensive line but Mixon has been HORRIBLE running the ball. Absolutely terrible.

Perhaps the league conspired to have him drafted by the Bengals for more punishment?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:51 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: There are some positives in there. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that the highest average yards per carry for Mixon when he has had 10+ carries? Also it appears some younger players got some much needed playing time; more than usual?

Ugh!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Like I said in the game thread, I had a dream last nigh that the Jaguars absolutely curb-stomped us today and Marv was fired afterwards...

I see no reason why that dream shouldn't be coming true as we speak. Oh but wait... It's Mike f***ing Brown Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:51 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: There are some positives in there. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that the highest average yards per carry for Mixon when he has had 10+ carries? Also it appears some younger players got some much needed playing time; more than usual?

No. He averaged 3.44 on 18 carries vs GB and 3.40 on 15 carries vs Buffalo.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Starts up front on both sides of the football.

Offensive line has been horrible. The defensive line has been below mediocre.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No. He averaged 3.44 on 18 carries vs GB and 3.40 on 15 carries vs Buffalo.

Damn, not as much positivity as I thought
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:14 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: Damn, not as much positivity as I thought

Lol yeah not even the most optimistic fans can come up with much today. It was a thorough all-around beating.
Reply/Quote
Well at least Jeremy Hill didn't start and take away carries from Mixon
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just don't see an in-season fix to this mess.

Firing Lewis I fear makes it likely that whoever we make interim would stay permanent.

He just needs to be fired on principle alone, without regard to what comes after.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:33 PM)McC Wrote: He just needs to be fired on principle alone, without regard to what comes after.

I just worry that will lead to Guenther as the next HC.

But, there definitely needs to be accountability. Look the Jaguars deactivated Fournette. That's accountability.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just worry that will lead to Guenther as the next HC.

But, there definitely needs to be accountability. Look the Jaguars deactivated Fournette. That's accountability.

They knew they didn't need him so it was an opportune time to "make a point."
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:38 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: This team needs changes and it begins with the head coach.

NO! IT BEGINS IN THE FRONT OFFICE! THEN THE HC. ETC., ETC., ETC.
Reply/Quote
I still wouldn't have minded seeing how the game potentially could have been different had we juat taken a knee at the end of the first half.
Reply/Quote
37 plays is actually the lowest total in franchise history. That includes being +1 in turnover differential and back to back drives because of the punt return. What a terrible game. Offense was just trash and converted only 1 third down while the defense let the Jags convert 12/17.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote