Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The story behind the combine's fastest man
Fun story about the kid from tiny University of the Cumberlands in Kentucky that ran a hand clocked 4.19 on Saturday at a regional combine. Kid basically was up all night Saturday and all day Sunday interviewing with teams.

Fun story - he's 25, dropped out of school for three years. Finally got it together.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/2016/03/07/wendall-williams-419-second-40-yard-dash-nfl-draft/81448092/
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Very nice article Jim. Very nice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Baby Hawk 2.0

I would certainly entertain looking at the guy....if for no other reason to push a guy like Mario Alford.
Reply/Quote
"He was an NAIA second team All-American kick returner, scoring four times on 24 kick returns. Williams set a single-game NAIA record for kick return yardage against Division II Carson-Newman with 287 yards on five returns. He returned two of those for scores."

I attended Carson Newman many years ago, and I still follow them.  I remember this crazy game.  CN won 59-56 and Williams not only had 2 KR tds but he also had a 50+ yard return that he did not score on and took a reverse for a 60 yard td.  He pretty much single handedly kept CoC in that game.

Obviously it takes more than just speed to be a great football player, but he has done enough to get a shot with some team in training camp.
Reply/Quote
Not meaning to derail the thread, but doesn't Bo Jackson hold the fastest 40 time? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
A lot of people get pre judged long before they ever get the chance to prove themselves. The notion that if someone doesn't excel by the time they're in Jr high school they'll never excel is and has always been ridiculous ,but yet there are still people who believe that sort of foolishness. In 5th grade I was a chubby kid, not very fast, but by 9th grade I ran 100 yards 4/10rhs short of the then worlds record then started smoking that summer.. Not smart, but it was what it was.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
So you smoked the fastest cigarette in the world in the fifth grade ,no wonder you couldn't run very fast.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 06:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: A lot of people get pre judged long before they ever get the chance to prove themselves.  The notion that if someone doesn't excel by the time they're in Jr high school they'll never excel is and has always been ridiculous ,but yet there are still people who believe that sort of foolishness. In 5th grade I was a chubby kid, not very fast, but by 9th grade I ran 100 yards 4/10rhs short of the then worlds record then started smoking that summer.. Not smart, but it was what it was.

quit cigs 22 days ago myself. 

longest ive gone since i started 6 years ago.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote