Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The story of John Ross and his unprecedented speed"
Pretty good 9 minute video by SB nation about john Ross. I enjoyed it and thought y'all might as well. Enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DSgSvHa-hns

Reply/Quote
We got ourselves a pretty special person, not just a special player. I'm thinking it's time to open the wallet and order a jersey.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A great player and a greater person more.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 07:34 PM)Shady Wrote: We got ourselves a pretty special person, not just a special player. I'm thinking it's time to open the wallet and order a jersey.

Your an easy sell!
Reply/Quote
Seems like a nice kid. Are we married to the "Cheetah" nickname? Guess we'll see what Hoard comes up with.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 08:33 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your an easy sell!

Or so I've been told
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 08:33 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your an easy sell!

(05-03-2017, 10:40 PM)Shady Wrote: Or so I've been told

HO!

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 10:40 PM)Shady Wrote: Or so I've been told

(05-03-2017, 10:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: HO!

*rimshot*
Reply/Quote
Don't get me wrong I'm glad we got ross, but we have all seen his type before. Had he been a middle first round pick it wouldn't bother me as much. I think he will be good but I'm not banking on great yet. I think Malone will be a really good player. I really like Lawson, if gen can stay healthy and not make it rain he will be a stud. He was the number 1 guy out of high school. Mixon is the wildcard
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 11:30 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Don't get me wrong I'm glad we got ross, but we have all seen his type before. Had he been a middle first round pick it wouldn't bother me as much. I think he will be good but I'm not banking on great yet. I think Malone will be a really good player. I really like Lawson, if gen can stay healthy and not make it rain he will be a stud. He was the number 1 guy out of high school. Mixon is the wildcard

i agree i think malone will be a great wr for us as well.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 06:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Pretty good 9 minute video by SB nation about john Ross. I enjoyed it and thought y'all might as well. Enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DSgSvHa-hns

great link, super excited to see this guy's explosion on the field!!

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 11:30 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Don't get me wrong I'm glad we got ross, but we have all seen his type before. Had he been a middle first round pick it wouldn't bother me as much. I think he will be good but I'm not banking on great yet. I think Malone will be a really good player. I really like Lawson, if gen can stay healthy and not make it rain he will be a stud. He was the number 1 guy out of high school. Mixon is the wildcard

This is half of the two part question - that is related:  Can he stay healthy (e.g. Shipley) and can he get open (e.g. Warrick).

I don't think we've seen this type before.   He's got way more speed than guys like Shipley, and way more skills than guys like Austin, Jackson, Ginn, Heywood-bey.  The guy is smart - a student of the game.  He improves over time, he's totally into improving and being the best.

The biggest concern is his injury history.   But that, for me, is tempered by the fact that he produced big time with a shoulder injury last year.  The guy is mentally tough.

I'm not going to lie.  I have concerns about him staying on the field playing in the AFC North.  But he's a baller and I think the odds are better than the common assessment that he's too small and brittle for the NFL.

Hope I'm right!  If I am he'll be really special.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 02:44 PM)3wt Wrote: This is half of the two part question - that is related:  Can he stay healthy (e.g. Shipley) and can he get open (e.g. Warrick).

I don't think we've seen this type before.   He's got way more speed than guys like Shipley, and way more skills than guys like Austin, Jackson, Ginn, Heywood-bey.  The guy is smart - a student of the game.  He improves over time, he's totally into improving and being the best.

The biggest concern is his injury history.   But that, for me, is tempered by the fact that he produced big time with a shoulder injury last year.  The guy is mentally tough.

I'm not going to lie.  I have concerns about him staying on the field playing in the AFC North.  But he's a baller and I think the odds are better than the common assessment that he's too small and brittle for the NFL.

Completely agree. John Ross is special, if he can stay healthy we could have a great player here.

To the OP, thanks for the vid. Loved this pick.
Reply/Quote

Really draft position doesn't matter. It's how well they produce in the Pro's.

Had there been a sure thing player there and we took Ross...that's one thing. Where we picked and who was on the board...it was 1 year wonder DB's, a TE, or DE prospects who weren't sure things.

Maybe Allen would have been a decent pick but it's not like he went right after we picked either.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Really draft position doesn't matter. It's how well they produce in the Pro's.

Had there been a sure thing player there and we took Ross...that's one thing. Where we picked and who was on the board...it was 1 year wonder DB's, a TE, or DE prospects who weren't sure things.

Maybe Allen would have been a decent pick but it's not like he went right after we picked either.

So true, nice post here Pistons.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 08:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Seems like a nice kid.  Are we married to the "Cheetah" nickname?  Guess we'll see what Hoard comes up with.

I'm sold on it.  The Cheetah is an inspired nickname!
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 11:50 PM)Bronze Bengal Wrote: I'm sold on it.  The Cheetah is an inspired nickname!

The Flash is faster than a Cheetah by a good amount.

I like The Flash better. Sometimes you can't see the guy he is moving so fast. Shocked
Reply/Quote

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 02:44 PM)3wt Wrote: This is half of the two part question - that is related:  Can he stay healthy (e.g. Shipley) and can he get open (e.g. Warrick).

Good post. I think Ross has everything you want in a 1st round pick...the talent, skill set, work ethic, passion for the game and desire to get better. If he stays healthy, I agree with you...he could wind up being a special player.
Reply/Quote
The pic is very small, are there boobs in there? Sad
Reply/Quote