Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The substitute Teacher is at it again
Guenther is the new Brat he can't coach but since the Defense has great talent they make up for his errors. We play way to soft coverage, forgot how to tackle in space, and oh for good sakes guard the TE.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 04:32 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Guenther is the new Brat he can't coach but since the Defense has great talent they make up for his errors. We play way to soft coverage, forgot how to tackle in space, and oh for good sakes guard the TE.

I actually agree with you...although I think our LB's are being exposed without Minter...and Minter wasn't great. When was the last time we could actually cover a TE?

The soft zone coverage gets picked apart. No way should Bortles have nearly 200 yards passing in a half.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 04:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I actually agree with you...although I think our LB's are being exposed without Minter...and Minter wasn't great. When was the last time we could actually cover a TE?

The soft zone coverage gets picked apart. No way should Bortles have nearly 200 yards passing in a half.

Bengals are playing 8 in the box. Play action is killing them Shawn Williams was a huge culprit in thr first half.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 04:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I actually agree with you...although I think our LB's are being exposed without Minter...and Minter wasn't great. When was the last time we could actually cover a TE?

Every time the defense takes the field with Will Jackson and Jordan Evans not on it, it proves the coaching stupidity.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
AJ will almost certainly be suspended, right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Be careful what you say! Many believe Fat Paulie would make a great head coach and would be proud to have him replace Giggles. He adjusts so well to what the other team does just like his mentor
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:41 PM)McC Wrote: AJ will almost certainly be suspended, right?

Probably. He's lucky he didn't break his had.

He's been bengalized. Too much time around Burfict and Jones.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Probably. He's lucky he didn't break his had.

He's been bengalized. Too much time around Burfict and Jones.

Yep.  And too many times being open and his QB either missed him or didn't have time to get him the ball.  Too many years with no running game, the last couple years with no decent other receiving option.  Too many years with Marvin.  When the DB  pushed him, it all just exploded.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:51 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: Be careful what you say! Many believe Fat Paulie would make a great head coach and would be proud to have him replace Giggles. He adjusts so well to what the other team does just like his mentor

He's been with Marvin since like 2002. He's basically Marvin Jr. He's going to be very similar to Lewis in habits and philosophy.

WE NEED TO HIRE OUR ENTIRE COACHING STAFF FROM OUTSIDE THE ORGANIZATION TO HAVE ANY CHANCE.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's been with Marvin since like 2002. He's basically Marvin Jr. He's going to be very similar to Lewis in habits and philosophy.

WE NEED TO HIRE OUR ENTIRE COACHING STAFF FROM OUTSIDE THE ORGANIZATION TO HAVE ANY CHANCE.

Exactly what I have been saying. Seems like common sense
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 04:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When was the last time we could actually cover a TE?

1989?
Reply/Quote
Can we end the talk that Guenther needs to be the next HC?

For all the 1st Round picks they have on defense this result is horrible.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can we end the talk that Guenther needs to be the next HC?

For all the 1st Round picks they have on defense this result is horrible.

C'mon man, I'm not advocating Guenther for HC or anything, but he's doing a great job with what he has to work with.  

First of all, you cannot blame this loss on the defense.  They're not supposed to play 40 minutes per game, game after game, they're freaking worn out!  

Secondly, he can only work with the personnel that our "GM" allows him to have.  'Nough said there.

Thirdly, (as if anything more needed to be said?)  That defense reeled off 6 consecutive outs, in the second half, despite being on the field almost constantly.  I can almost guarantee that if the offense could even equalize the time of possession, this defense would be shutting teams down in the second half of games.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man, I'm not advocating Guenther for HC or anything, but he's doing a great job with what he has to work with.  

First of all, you cannot blame this loss on the defense.  They're not supposed to play 40 minutes per game, game after game, they're freaking worn out!  

Secondly, he can only work with the personnel that our "GM" allows him to have.  'Nough said there.

Thirdly, (as if anything more needed to be said?)  That defense reeled off 6 consecutive outs, in the second half, despite being on the field almost constantly.  I can almost guarantee that if the offense could even equalize the time of possession, this defense would be shutting teams down in the second half of games.

Yea this defense would give even the most average of an offense a damn good chance of winning the game.
Reply/Quote